DVD Talk
Jeanine Pirro sends a fundraising letter, to Hillary, at the Whitehouse [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Jeanine Pirro sends a fundraising letter, to Hillary, at the Whitehouse

mikehunt
10-20-05, 06:43 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/18/nyregion/18pirro.html?pagewanted=all
Ms. Pirro Seeks an Unlikely Donor for Campaign Funds: Mrs. Clinton
By RAYMOND HERNANDEZ
Published: October 18, 2005

Recently, Jeanine F. Pirro sent out letters to potential donors in her campaign to unseat Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton next year. But there is very little chance that she will get any help from one recipient of her appeal: Mrs. Clinton herself.

In a potentially embarrassing (albeit minor) gaffe, one of the Aug. 19 fund-raising letters that Ms. Pirro's campaign sent out was addressed to none other than Mrs. Clinton.

It would have been bad enough if the letter had been addressed to, say, Mrs. Clinton's home in Chappaqua. But this one was sent to her previous residence: 1600 Pennsylvania Ave., Washington, D.C. 20500-0030 - an address more commonly known as the White House. The letter was forwarded from the White House to Mrs. Clinton's Senate office.

"Dear Hillary, You and I have been through a lot over the years," the solicitation begins. "I need you and every New Yorker on my side. But most importantly in this difficult campaign, I need people like you who I can trust."

The Clinton campaign, which released the letter to reporters, said the misdirected solicitation could explain the Pirro campaign's anemic fund-raising pace.

"It's not surprising that they're having trouble raising money," said Howard Wolfson, one of Mrs. Clinton's advisers.

Last week, Ms. Pirro's campaign reported that she had collected slightly more than $400,000 since announcing her candidacy on Aug. 8. By contrast, Mrs. Clinton's campaign reported raising nearly $5.3 million in the three-month period that ended Sept. 30.

Ms. Pirro's campaign manager, Brian Donahue, said that the appeal was sent to Mrs. Clinton because someone registered on the Pirro campaign Web site. He speculated that the person who registered was out to create mischief. "If it was in fact Hillary Clinton, we'd be happy to have her contribution," he said.

what a fucking moron, that and the fact that she's spending money of local radio ads talking about a state level law she supports. Well whoop de doo, she's supposed to be running for a national level position

Th0r S1mpson
10-20-05, 06:49 PM
Sounds like something that would happen in Iran.

X
10-20-05, 07:02 PM
Mailing list management is a bitch.

Jason
10-20-05, 07:42 PM
Hillary should have sent her twenty bucks.

DVD Polizei
10-20-05, 10:42 PM
Here's some more on this dumbass:

ALBANY, N.Y. -- Jeanine Pirro, a Republican district attorney looking to unseat Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, came under fire Wednesday for portraying Democrats as coddlers of child molesters and murderers.

During a speech to Chemung County Republicans on Tuesday night, Pirro continued her criticism of the Democratic-controlled state Assembly for its refusal to adopt legislation that would civilly confine violent sex offenders after their prison sentences end.

"That's a difference between Democrats and Republicans _ we don't want them next door molesting children and murdering women," said the Westchester County prosecutor, according to Wednesday's Elmira Star-Gazette newspaper.

That drew a sharp rebuke from the Clinton camp, and a demand for an apology.

"Ms. Pirro's comment is an affront to common decency and an outrageous insult to the five and a half million law-abiding Democrats in our state," said Clinton adviser Howard Wolfson. "With statements like these, Ms. Pirro's campaign is rapidly going from an embarrassment to a disgrace."

Pirro's campaign manager, Brian Donahue, said Wednesday the district attorney does not believe Democrats want sexual predators living next door to anyone.

"This quote is out of context," he said.

"She's conveying a sense of frustration associated with it because she believes that unless this legislation is passed, we are allowing sex offenders to prey on the innocent," the Pirro aide added.

Donahue said Pirro believes the legislation "is being held up for partisan reasons by the Democratic leadership."

State Assemblyman David Koon, a Rochester-area Democrat whose 18-year-old daughter was kidnapped, raped and murdered in 1993, called Pirro's comments "total malarkey."

"Civil confinement should be out there, but it doesn't define Republicans and Democrats," Koon said, adding that "there are a lot of Democrats out there who believe in it."

Pirro's comments to the Chemung County GOP dinner came a few hours after she unveiled the first advertisement of her campaign, a 60-second radio spot that promotes the adoption of civil confinement legislation. The legislation has been passed in New York's GOP-led state Senate repeatedly in recent years, but has never been allowed out of committee by the Assembly's Democratic leadership. A number of other states have adopted civil confinement laws, and the concept has been upheld by the U.S. Supreme Court.

While Pirro's radio ad doesn't attack the Assembly Democrats, she did criticize them during her Albany news conference as she unveiled the spot.

"As a result of the lack of leadership in the Assembly ... innocent women and children are at risk," she had said.

Clinton spokesman Philippe Reines said the senator supports civil confinement of sexual predators.

Pirro has made civil confinement a major point of her campaign, along with the claim that Clinton simply wants to use her Senate re-election race as a stepping stone to a 2008 presidential run.

Pirro's two-month-old campaign has had teething problems. Her announcement tour was plagued by technical and logistical issues. She recently sent a fundraising letter to "Hillary Clinton" at the White House, and she trails far behind the former first lady in money raised. On Friday, Clinton reported raising $5.3 million over the three-month period ending Sept. 30. Pirro has raised $438,555 since entering the race Aug. 8.

X
10-20-05, 11:17 PM
Here's some more on this dumbass:What makes her a dumbass? Mailing out a mass fundraising letter to an address someone submitted on her website?

DVD Polizei
10-21-05, 12:11 AM
"That's a [the] difference between Democrats and Republicans _ we don't want them next door molesting children and murdering women.."

Yes, because Democrats, all of them of course, every single one of them, so help me God Almighty with Resolve, are in a conspiracy in letting child molesters go free in your own neighborhood (:eek: ) and want women murdered (:chainsaw:).

And I'm sure if Pirro could add smilies to her statement, she would have used the ones above.

kvrdave
10-21-05, 01:05 AM
Hmmm, so if I elect one I get murderers and child molesters around me, but if I elect the other, they will kill old people, make drinking water poison, and keep kids from eating school lunches. Not much of a choice.

Myster X
10-21-05, 01:20 AM
Pirro might have a point there.

Democrats voting blocks
San Francisco
NY
LA
DC
Chicago

murder, rape, poverty, corruption, failing schools, homelessness, etc

DVD Polizei
10-21-05, 08:24 AM
Uhhh, well maybe the fact those are some of the largest cities in the US factors in, no?

Pirro's Logic:

Apples are red.
Cherries are red.
All apples are cherries.

classicman2
10-21-05, 08:34 AM
All apples aren't red.

All cherries aren't red either.

;)

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0