Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Columbus, OH folks: an evening with Steve Buscemi - Oct. 26

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-05, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

The Drexel Gateway, Columbus Dispatch, and Mix 97.1 are proud to announce a very special evening with Steve Buscemi on Wednesday, October 26! The evening will feature the Columbus premiere of Lonesome Jim, directed by Steve Buscemi and starring Liv Tyler and Casey Affleck, as well as an introduction to the film by Mr. Buscemi, a Q & A after the film, and a reception following the Q & A session in the bi-level bar and café of the Drexel Gateway Theater.

Tickets are $20 and all proceeds benefit ABATE of Ohio's Annual Toy Drive for Children. You can purchase tickets starting Thursday, October 20th between noon and 6pm by calling (614) 545-2255 and mentioning the code "Lonesome Jim". Tickets to this event are limited and on a first-come, first-served basis. Tickets are not available the day of the event. Order yours today! Dress for the evening is casual chic.
http://www.drexel.net/

Saw an ad for this today and thought some of you might be interested in it. Even though money's tight, I'm toying with the idea of going. Anyone know anything about the movie?
Old 10-20-05, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$20 is a steal + the money is going to charity. I'd be there if was in L.A.
Old 10-20-05, 07:07 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DAAYYYYAAAMMMMNN.....wish I could be there! Sounds really great; hope he comes to DFW area.

I saw Stephen King do a similar thing with a book reading (a few sample chapters of his latest at the time) some years back, also in Columbus.
Old 10-21-05, 03:36 AM

Toying with the idea? If you don't go, I'll personally fly out there, go to this event, brag to you about what a great time I had, then um...you'll feel really sorry that you missed out and stuff.

-JP
Old 10-21-05, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by zombiezilla
DAAYYYYAAAMMMMNN.....wish I could be there! Sounds really great; hope he comes to DFW area.

I saw Stephen King do a similar thing with a book reading (a few sample chapters of his latest at the time) some years back, also in Columbus.
I saw that too. The Drexel thing coming up sounds interesting.
Old 10-21-05, 07:23 AM

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts
I'll probably show up. Wouldn't want to mishh a chance to meet 'Chet!'.
Old 11-08-05, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
For mostly financial reasons, I couldn't go (man, I need to get a better job). Anybody here end up going to this?

Originally Posted by zombiezilla
A couple of years ago David Sedaris came to Columbus and read some stuff that was later published in Dress Your Family in Denim and Corduroy. It was a lot of fun.
Old 11-09-05, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by DJLinus
For mostly financial reasons, I couldn't go (man, I need to get a better job). Anybody here end up going to this?
I couldn't make it that night, but I did go to the pre-opening of that new Drexel Theater, it was pretty nice, and it smelled like a new car in each of the theaters.