Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Gamestop B2G1F is running

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-05, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gamestop B2G1F is running

Stopped in tonight on the way home from work, the manager caught me as I was leaving and said "It's buy 2 get one free, we just haven't put the signs up yet."

Tuesday is a very odd day to start the sale, usually it's on a Friday and lasts the weekend. No idea how long this one is running, or if it's for games as well as DVD's.
Old 10-18-05, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yeah, there were signs up at the one I stopped in tonight as well. Damn, as if October wasn't going to be bad enough.

Monster's Inc.
American History X
Freebie: Fast and the Furious Tricked Out Edition
Old 10-18-05, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, there go another couple c-notes. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 10-18-05, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I saw this yesterday and they keep telling me that its going to be permanent. They told me that last time, but it ended after a week. So here's to it possibly being permanent.
Old 10-18-05, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Kocheese99
I saw this yesterday and they keep telling me that its going to be permanent. They told me that last time, but it ended after a week. So here's to it possibly being permanent.
Permanent would be nice, but I think that the people saying that are blowing smoke. With Gamestop now owning EB games, there's no competition, so the only reason to do this is to blow out overstock.
Old 10-19-05, 04:54 AM

i spent almost 150 tonight
Old 10-19-05, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Permanent B2G1 Free? Nice, but unlikely. I'm not sure, but I think that Gamestop isn't excited about losing the revenue when customers come in and get 3 boxed sets of TV DVDs at that rate. My local GameStop personally loves to see the kind of deals I pull off ... but their corporate office might not be crazy about it.
Old 10-19-05, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by gryffinmaster
Permanent B2G1 Free? Nice, but unlikely. I'm not sure, but I think that Gamestop isn't excited about losing the revenue when customers come in and get 3 boxed sets of TV DVDs at that rate. My local GameStop personally loves to see the kind of deals I pull off ... but their corporate office might not be crazy about it.
All they care about, from the store up to corporate, are numbers of used items moved. Gamestop gives so little for box sets that they still make a profit during B2G1F.
Old 10-19-05, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
Anyone notice how all of the stores are now displaying their dvd's with cover art showing so that you have to manually flip thru the dvds (as opposed to spine out which makes much more sense)? It is annoying as hell and takes much, much longer to look thru the dvds. I asked a store manager today and he said that some moron at corporate had this brilliant idea that is was more appealing if the cover art was showing (what is more appealing is not having to dig thru shit) and that everyone hated it. I told him that I would call the corporate office and complain. Hopefully it will change if they get enough complaints from stores and customers.
Old 10-19-05, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by cdollaz
Anyone notice how all of the stores are now displaying their dvd's with cover art showing so that you have to manually flip thru the dvds (as opposed to spine out which makes much more sense)? It is annoying as hell and takes much, much longer to look thru the dvds. I asked a store manager today and he said that some moron at corporate had this brilliant idea that is was more appealing if the cover art was showing (what is more appealing is not having to dig thru shit) and that everyone hated it. I told him that I would call the corporate office and complain. Hopefully it will change if they get enough complaints from stores and customers.
Yeah, we had a discussion about this in the last B2G1F thread.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=438179

They're called "dump bins" and they suck. Pretty much every store employee of the 10 or so Gamestops I hit during B2G1F agrees with me on that.

You can call corporate at 1-800-883-8895, and tell them that you hate the dump bins and that you spend less money because it's impossible to dig through the titles. One or two people calling doesn't help, but if a large number of people call and bitch, things might change.
Old 10-20-05, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by MovieExchange
Yeah, we had a discussion about this in the last B2G1F thread.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=438179

They're called "dump bins" and they suck. Pretty much every store employee of the 10 or so Gamestops I hit during B2G1F agrees with me on that.

You can call corporate at 1-800-883-8895, and tell them that you hate the dump bins and that you spend less money because it's impossible to dig through the titles. One or two people calling doesn't help, but if a large number of people call and bitch, things might change.
I called yesterday.
Old 10-20-05, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Arghh, spent $211, and that includes the extra 10% off for being in their "club." Here is the tally (all WS unless otherwise noted):

In the 2 for $10 (so really 3 for $10) bins:
Thelma and Louise SE (with slipcover)
LOTR: FOTR (theatrical)
Solaris (Clooney)
Rocky III
Black Sheep
Manchurian Candidate (Sinatra)
Hannibal (2-disc)
The Recruit
I, Robot (first edition w/ slipcover)
Wall Street
Catch Me if You Can (2 disc)
The Others
Not Another Teen Movie (theatrical)
Analyze This
Anger Management

In the $9.99 and up category:
Friday Night Lights
The Animatrix
Unbreakable
Predator (2 disc SE)
Family Guy: Stewie Grif Story
Finding Nemo (12.99)

And the even higher category:
Sopranos S1 (39.99)
Family Guy Vol. 2 (29.99)
24: S3 (29.99)
South Parl S2 (24.99)
In Living Color S2 (19.99)
Arrested Development (19.99).

All DVDs and cases were in immaculate shape, and most of the dvds even had inserts!
Old 10-28-05, 03:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Apologies for the newbie question related to this sale but does this extend to EB Games and/or Electronics Boutique (if they even carry used DVD titles.. not sure) or just Gamestop locations?
Old 10-28-05, 05:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

At this time it doesn't extend to EB...for what it's worth, Game Stop added used games to the B2G1 fun.
Old 10-28-05, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by wewantflair
At this time it doesn't extend to EB...for what it's worth, Game Stop added used games to the B2G1 fun.
Actually, the EB I went to yesterday iN virginia had the B2G1 promotion. Got a frickin sweet deal too: Simpsons S5 for $24.99, Notorious (OOP Criterion) for $14.99, and Hamlet (Criterion) for free. Not too bad.
Old 10-28-05, 11:42 AM
Suspended

I don't know if this is just the omaha, ne area but I got an email saying that B2G1 sale ends tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-29-05, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I picked up snow white, Lion King and Beauty and the beast.

Not bad
Old 10-29-05, 02:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by superdeluxe

Not bad
I remember I visited about 6 Game Stops in the course of a week, the duration of the BOGO sale, back in August, and absolutely cleaned house. I dug this up from an old DVD board.

Criterion: Grand Illusion $5
Criterion: Throne of Blood $7
Criterion: And The Ship Sails On (FREE)
5 Star 2 Disc ID4 $9.99
2 Disc Se7en $9.99
Criterion: Le Cercle Rouge (FREE)
Blues Brothers (OOP) $9.99
Backdraft $9.99
Brazil (FREE)
Fletch $9.99
Metallica: S&M 2 Disc $15.99
Earthquake (FREE)
Muppet Show: Burns, DeLuise, Hope $9.99
The Muppet Movie $8.99
License to Kill (FREE)
Beauty and the Beast $9.99
Sleeping Beauty $14.99
Chappelle's Show Season 1 (FREE)
Return to Neverland $12.99
101 Dalmatians 2 $9.99
Lion King 1 1/2 (FREE)

A month or so before that, I trekked to one an hour out for some reason, got Criterion "Blood for Dracula", Criterion "Flesh for Frankenstein", and Image's "The 47 Ronin Part 1 & 2" for $9.99 in a BOGO.......I kid you not.

Lately, I haven't had that much luck there. It comes and goes. I did find "Peter Pan" for $9.99 the other day, though.

Last edited by Cinemaddiction; 10-29-05 at 02:25 AM.
Old 10-29-05, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by superdeluxe

Not bad
I saw Snow White yesterday at a Gamestop but left it. The dvd cover was a little rough and I couldn't find two others I really wanted. The prices at the two locations I've been to are hit & miss. Snow White was marked $16.99.
Old 10-29-05, 09:12 AM

Got the deal of the Decase Yesterday... Went in just to browse and saw Superman the Complete Superman Collection with a sticker that said $7.99. I looked at the tag, and it just said Superman IV. But the box was clearly for the box set... So I took it to the register and the guy said, "You know, if you pick one more DVD for the same price, you get one free..." So I went and got two more and ended up walking out with Superman Set and two other movies for a grand total of $14.47. The movies they have in the bins are actually not too bad... Picked up Sister Act and Texas Chainsaw Massacre Collector box set for $5.99... They had a lot of others for that price too...
Old 11-03-05, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm addicted to this deal. Great idea on their end, since it gets me looking for at least two titles before I even hit the DVD racks. I went to three of them today and hauled in:

- Monsters, Inc.
- Life of Aquatic
- Million Dollar Baby 3-Disc
- The Interpreter

Life of... was my free title at the one GS, but would've made a nice solo purchase, since it was priced at $9.99. I had no intentions of ever purchasing MDB since it's not the type of flick I'm likely to watch again and again, but when I saw the 3-discer priced at $9.99, I had to have it. God bless GS's one price per title system.

Still, this deal is best designed for getting TV sets. My girl's collected the first four seasons of Sex & the City and still hasn't paid retail on any of them. Wish I could track down something like CYE S4.
Old 11-05-05, 02:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Is this deal still going on?
Old 11-05-05, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Sadly, I've drained my GameStop of all their great titles. I pop in there weekly to check and see if anything new comes around. Got Unleashed, Spirited Away and Sixth Sense Vista Series (all in perfect condition, mind you) in a package deal. With that discount card, total for all 3 was well under $30.
Old 11-05-05, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

As of yesterday, the deal's still going on. I was at one I had only been to once before and they easily had the largest quantity of any GS I'd been to. They were restocking literally the entire time I was there. I remember at one point I was carrying around the SE of Pretador 2 unsure if I wanted to get it and when I decided against it, the space where it was had already been filled.
Old 11-05-05, 02:52 PM
Banned

As of today the deal still going on.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.