Search this Thread

Old 10-18-05, 07:20 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Nip/Tuck - "Granville Trapp" - 10/18

"Granville Trapp"
Spoiler:
Christian is a suspect in the Carver case; a man with HIV wants to have a healthy appearance.
Old 10-18-05, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Fucking AWESOME ending. Great episode. You are in for a treat if you haven't seen it yet.
Old 10-18-05, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I grow more and more convinced that Quentin is the Carver. His "trust your gut" speech really did it for me.

I renew my protest that I see absolutely nothing disappointing with that outcome. If the story remains as engaging as it has been, that's all any of us can ask for.
Old 10-18-05, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
This was the first whole episode of Nip/Tuck I've seen since last season, and all I got to say is wow.
Old 10-18-05, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Amazing ending, I knew it would be someone that Christian knew, but they really caught me off guard by making it that detective bitch.
Old 10-18-05, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That was a great episode... Ive been a viewer since the very first episode, love how the series has evolved into this sordid soap

It was fitting how the episode ended (although that detective is hot), and I too have my reservations on Quentin... espcially with his bi tendencies
Old 10-18-05, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

that detective looks exactly like a girl i went out with for a bit. man, is she hot.
Old 10-18-05, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
What was the name of the book they found at Christian's house - Of Human Bondage? I remember when I was in an English lit class and the teacher was asking everyone what was their favorite book, and one girl said Of Human Bondage then the class burst out in laughter.
Old 10-18-05, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
I grow more and more convinced that Quentin is the Carver. His "trust your gut" speech really did it for me.

I renew my protest that I see absolutely nothing disappointing with that outcome. If the story remains as engaging as it has been, that's all any of us can ask for.
I've been certain about that for awhile now. The scene that did it for me

Spoiler:
When he was lurking in the background when Liz was watching the news report. It further convinced me when Christain stated why he did it

However, what convinces me that he may NOT be is that he wasn't even in the damn country when the first Carver attacks were going on. PLUS, he repaired Sean's face.

I'm equally convinced that he could also be a red herring.

What I do know is that they better reveal it before season's end. This is starting to drag.
Old 10-18-05, 11:02 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Great ending.

Looking forward to how all this plays out
Old 10-19-05, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Thought it was going to be Kimber at the end for a second, but then I remember that Kit was able to change the D.A.'s mind. That gave it away for me.

I still think the Carver is going to be a woman. I still think it is Liz, but maybe I'm gonna throw in by 2nd choice, which is that blonde from Season 2 who was addicted to sex and that had Wilbur? I hope I'm remembering all that correction.
Old 10-19-05, 12:10 AM

I thought it was a good episode, and Im glad they seem to be dealing with the Carver more because that makes me think we will find out who it is sooner. It is pretty impossible to say who the Carver is right now, but I think they are at least trying to make people think it could be Quentin. I wondered if it was Kit before, but it seems a little weird that it would be her if she got attacked. I wonder if they are going to address how Christian was framed though because he obviously was, and I hope they dont just drop that and forget about it. It was nice not having to see Matts gay ass tonight, what a douche.
Old 10-19-05, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DVD Josh
I've been certain about that for awhile now. The scene that did it for me

Spoiler:
When he was lurking in the background when Liz was watching the news report. It further convinced me when Christain stated why he did it

However, what convinces me that he may NOT be is that he wasn't even in the damn country when the first Carver attacks were going on. PLUS, he repaired Sean's face.

I'm equally convinced that he could also be a red herring.

What I do know is that they better reveal it before season's end. This is starting to drag.
I am pretty convinced that it IS a red herring. After tonight's great twist ending why would they be so obvious since everything is pointing to Quentin.
I dont think it is dragging at all. Glad we didnt get to see Matt.
Great episode.
Old 10-19-05, 04:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quentin has got to be a red herring. No way it could be that obvious. I am thinking Liz at this point. It definitely is going to be someone close to both Christian and Sean, not some bit player like detective Kit, who hasn't even been around. That would just be too weak. Think back about how much contempt Liz has had in the first 2 seasons for a lot of the work they do there and their general attitude at times towards some of the patients.

If not Liz, then I want to say Julia. Don't know how or why, it's just a feeling I get. I definitely think it will be a woman, though. Whoever it ends up being, we won't find out until the season finale. Ryan Murphy has already stated that in interviews.
Old 10-19-05, 05:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I don't see how it could be Liz, her body type doesn't match up with the carver at all. The carver is pretty skinny, especially compared to Liz.
Old 10-19-05, 06:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts
That was by far the best episode of the entire series!

Was it just me or did the preview for next week show
Spoiler:
the sex addict blonde from last season, back?
Old 10-19-05, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
I saw the same thing JTH.
Old 10-19-05, 07:40 AM

This show keeps getting more and more incredible each week. I have a friend who loves the Shield and Rescue Me, so we always do Tuesday dinners, and I got him hooked on Nip/Tuck and he hasnt even seen the 1st or second seasons...but the show is crafted so well it doesnt even matter!

The ending made me poop my shorts, I was totally expecting the victim to be Christian's mother and that came as a shock when it wasn't!

My thoughts:

Like with the ending tonight, I expect this season to obviously be very trying on the friendships and relationships created on the show. I see Quentin as a total Red Herring and believe that honestly, the Carver will be someone totally unrelated to the show THUS far. Hence, no loss of main characters to jail time, etc...and also I think its gonna be one of those situations again where everynody is accusing everybody and at the end of the season they all just kind of look at each other like "man we were assholes". Similar to the Troy/Christian embrace at the end.

I just expect it to be a rival doctor...but right now Im leaning towards an over-the-hill super model who has had plastic surgury ruin her life and simultaneously her career and now shes just gone crazy!
Old 10-19-05, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
Quentin has got to be a red herring. No way it could be that obvious. I am thinking Liz at this point. It definitely is going to be someone close to both Christian and Sean, not some bit player like detective Kit, who hasn't even been around. That would just be too weak. Think back about how much contempt Liz has had in the first 2 seasons for a lot of the work they do there and their general attitude at times towards some of the patients.

If not Liz, then I want to say Julia. Don't know how or why, it's just a feeling I get. I definitely think it will be a woman, though. Whoever it ends up being, we won't find out until the season finale. Ryan Murphy has already stated that in interviews.
The problem with it being a woman is all the rapes. I suppose it could be a strap-on, but why bother with a condom in that case, unless it is to throw the sent off. I still think Merril might be involved.
Old 10-19-05, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was really impressed with this episode. Of course, I'm a big fan of the whole Carver storyline so anytime they focus on that, I'm happy. The ending was a real kick in the ass. No wonder she talked to the DA about dropping all the charges. haha.
Old 10-19-05, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This episode was very impressive. As soon as Christian sat down and fiddled with the pen I knew exactly who it was. I agree with most it has to be someone close. Maybe Matt since he's all f'ed up anyway. Who knows.
Old 10-19-05, 11:02 AM

Great ending, but one quibble - why didn't Christian's lawyer state that the detective should recuse herself from the case since she was a former lover of Christian's? Any good lawyer worth his shingle would have called that one out.

And there's one possible clue given to the identity of the Carver:
Spoiler:
Christian's father was never found, and the semen in the condom matched Christian's - could his father be the Carver?

Of course, Quentin is pretty obvious, as is Matt, but remember that sometimes FX shows go very obvious - remember the ending of Kenny's tryst with the hooker in Rescue Me.
Old 10-19-05, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think they want you think think it is Quentin. That's too easy and he wasn't even in that area when the first attacks took place and besides why would he fix the very people he is slashing? Supposedly it is someone we know already. I hope it is not Liz.
What I am wondering is if they will pick up the story with Christian's Mother? Why bring Kathy Baker on for 5 minutes and then just never see her again??
Old 10-19-05, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by riley_dude
I think they want you think think it is Quentin. That's too easy and he wasn't even in that area when the first attacks took place and besides why would he fix the very people he is slashing? Supposedly it is someone we know already. I hope it is not Liz.
What I am wondering is if they will pick up the story with Christian's Mother? Why bring Kathy Baker on for 5 minutes and then just never see her again??
Quentin was flying through Miami internationally before he joined the show. I see no reason why he would be disqualified as a possibility. I think sometimes the "easy" answer actually has to be the answer.

As to Christian's mother, I hope that is in fact a bit of misdirection. I'd love to see her recur a bit before Kit breaks the brutal news at just the right time that she set up that meeting as a hoax in hopes of getting a confession.
Old 10-19-05, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This was a really good episode. I liked the little misdirection with the dream sequence. I would have been pissed if it was all a dream. I also thought it was going to be Kimber who was the latest victim of the carver, but I'm glad they didn't mess up that face.

I think Quentin is very viable as the carver. Here is my list of suspects starting with the most probability:
Spoiler:
  1. Quentin
  2. Matt - although that would make Christian's rape very weird
  3. Meril
  4. </il>

I used a spoiler tag just to be safe, eventhough it's just speculation.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.