DVD Talk
Sen. Edward Kennedy helps rescue fishermen [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Edward Kennedy helps rescue fishermen

Laser Movies
10-17-05, 10:02 AM
Okay he didn't actually rescue anyone, but that's what the title of the article implies.

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/news/breaking_news/12922239.htm

Posted on Mon, Oct. 17, 2005

Sen. Edward Kennedy helps rescue fishermen

Associated Press

HYANNIS, Mass. - U.S. Sen. Edward Kennedy attempted to rescue six men who had become trapped by high tide on a jetty off Hyannisport on Sunday.

The Massachusetts Democrat eventually left the rescue to Hyannis firefighters, The Cape Cod Times reported Monday.

Kennedy was walking his two dogs on the shore at 11:15 a.m. when he spotted the men cut off from shore by the rising waters. They had been fishing on a jetty that begins at the tip of the Kennedy compound.

Tides had risen over the patchy rocks, which made it difficult to walk back to shore.

Kennedy and a friend tried to rescue the men using a 13-foot boat but rough waters forced them back.

A crew from the Hyannis Fire Department picked them up. The men, in their 20s, were not identified. They were brought to Cape Cod Hospital with mild hypothermia.

Tommy Ceez
10-17-05, 10:13 AM
So he called 911?

Well, hes now batting .500 in reference to drowning people.

wendersfan
10-17-05, 10:16 AM
So he called 911?

Well, hes now batting .500 in reference to drowning people.Depends on whether you measure by incident or individual. ;)

grundle
10-17-05, 10:22 AM
So he called 911?
He didn't do anything.

The heading of the article has nothing to do with the article.

Well, hes now batting .500 in reference to drowning people.
He never drowned anyone.

He's batting 1.000 when it comes to suffocatng people in air pockets.

wendersfan
10-17-05, 10:23 AM
He never drowned anyone.

He's batting 1.000 when it comes to suffocatng people in air pockets."Drowning" can be used as either a verb or an adjective. I know it's a difficult concept to master...

Th0r S1mpson
10-17-05, 10:40 AM
Well, he did try. I mean, if he really did get out there in a boat, I give him a lot of credit. And he also did the right thing by letting the fire department take over when it was too dangerous.

:shrug:

DVD Polizei
10-17-05, 10:46 AM
It takes a lot for a politician to attempt something. Kudos to Ted. :up:

JasonF
10-17-05, 10:49 AM
Well, he did try. I mean, if he really did get out there in a boat, I give him a lot of credit. And he also did the right thing by letting the fire department take over when it was too dangerous.

:shrug:

You just don't get it. He's Ted Kennedy. You're not allowed to compliment him, or say good things about his conduct. -ohbfrank-

Red Dog
10-17-05, 11:30 AM
What were they drowning in? A lake of scotch?

kvrdave
10-17-05, 11:42 AM
He's got a lot of hair for an old man, I'll give him that. :up:

grundle
10-17-05, 12:27 PM
"Drowning" can be used as either a verb or an adjective. I know it's a difficult concept to master...
The woman that Ted Kennedy murdered in his car did not drown. She suffocated in an air pocket.

bhk
10-17-05, 12:29 PM
Kennedy and a friend tried to rescue the men using a 13-foot boat but rough waters forced them back.

Nice. :thumbsup:

Buttmunker
10-17-05, 01:09 PM
A Kennedy in the news! Now that's what I call 'exciting stuff,' to quote a famous talk show host.

Now maybe he'll run for president in 2008 against Hillary Bonham Clinton. (*yes, I said Bonham)

lordwow
10-17-05, 02:20 PM
He was trying to show up Nomar...

Y2K Falcon
10-17-05, 02:22 PM
Should the title of the article be "Bush fails to help rescue fishermen"?

Bush doesn't care about fisherman. -ohbfrank-

Myster X
10-17-05, 02:29 PM
Maybe this will boost the ratings for Kerry since Ted is an ardent Kerry supporter.

mosquitobite
10-17-05, 02:35 PM
He's got a lot of hair for an old man, I'll give him that. :up:

rotfl

Also, he uh, well... uh. Yeah. That's a good compliment Dave :up:

Th0r S1mpson
10-17-05, 04:40 PM

Bush doesn't care about fisherman.
Darn it... you beat my response in another thread. Oh well, I ain't deleting it. :)

Buttmunker
10-17-05, 04:46 PM
Three hot threads that involve Edward Kennedy. I smell Kennedy in the White House in '08

mikehunt
10-17-05, 07:00 PM
they're lucky they didn't get into a vehicle with him near water

SuprVgeta
10-18-05, 12:58 AM
Couldn't fire & rescue have used Teddy Kennedy as a floatation device?

Th0r S1mpson
10-18-05, 09:20 AM
I wanna play!

Let's see...

...Why didn't Ted just open his big fat mouth and swallow the sea, then spit them back onto the shore?

Goldblum
10-18-05, 10:49 AM

Bush doesn't care about fisherman. -ohbfrank-
I'm afraid it's worse than that. Louis Farakkan is now reporting that Bush sabatoged the jetty to make the tide swoop in higher. :(

movielib
10-18-05, 11:08 AM
Three hot threads that involve Edward Kennedy. I smell Kennedy in the White House in '08
He's going to take the tour?

bhk
10-18-05, 12:48 PM
He's going to take the tour?

Good one. No, he can't take the tour, he's on the "No Fly" list.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0