Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

5.50 Nightmare on Elm Street DVDs@Wal-Mart

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-05, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5.50 Nightmare on Elm Street DVDs@Wal-Mart

I was up at Wal-Mart and noticed the Nightmare on Elm Street DVD's (1-6) were 5.50. New Nightmare may have also there but, I didn't see it. They were located at the bottom of the horror movie display.
Old 10-14-05, 03:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The whole collection (box set) will be $37 at Target next week. That's an excellent price for something which once cost $119 on sale (what I paid on pre-order in 1999).

I can't believe this box set is 6 years old already. That's kind of depressing. I wonder if they will be re-issuing these as special editions in the future?

I would like to get a Nightmare on Elm Street DVD with all the deleted scenes, etc., that were on Laserdisc. Also the Unrated Edition of Nightmare on Elm Street 3 which has never been released on any format.

Original cuts of Elm Street 4 & Freddy's Dead would be interesting to see as they were virtually different movies with different soundtracks. Sort of like Halloween 6.
Old 10-14-05, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
And it will come with a $5 gift card too, which basically means a cheap DVD from a $7.50 sale/$10.00, or one of the $5.50 DVDs...$5 GC with the Chucky Collection too...
Old 10-14-05, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by AllHallowsEve
I can't believe this box set is 6 years old already. That's kind of depressing. I wonder if they will be re-issuing these as special editions in the future?
I'm waiting for this to happen? Buying a 6 year old boxset seems too risky. I guarantee you the day after I buy it the Ultimate Edition boxset will be announced.
Old 10-14-05, 05:27 PM

I Cant Find It

Was It In $5.50 Bin

Wheres Halloween Rack
Old 10-14-05, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The ones at my Wal-Mart were up front. Of course they had no prices on them. God I hate Wal-Mart.
Old 10-14-05, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

They were a 1.99 each after rebate at fye.com awhile ago. Not sure if it they were ever offered at fye b&M stores and you might have to cut the snappers up for the upc code though.
Old 10-14-05, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Scarface83
I Cant Find It

Was It In $5.50 Bin

Wheres Halloween Rack
Nope, they are in a "Halloween Box" display with other $5.50 movies like Jason X & Leatherface.
Old 10-14-05, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by ernestrp
They were a 1.99 each after rebate at fye.com awhile ago. Not sure if it they were ever offered at fye b&M stores and you might have to cut the snappers up for the upc code though.

They still are for the next few weeks.

From what I've heard, they are accepting the white and yellow price sticker on the front of the package now, too, as it has the upc code on it - so you don't have to actually cut the box at all. At least, that's what I read somewhere on this board.