er -- "Blame It On the Rain" -- 10.13.2005

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-05, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Blame It On the Rain"

Spoiler:
A patient who has been in a coma for nine years suddenly awakens in the ER and Kovac (Goran Visnjic) struggles with whether he should reveal her the truth about her past. Abby (Maura Tierney) comforts Dr. Dubenko (Leland Orser) after he finds out some troubling news. New Nurse Manager Eve (Kristen Johnston "3rd Rock from the Sun") makes waves in the ER as she implements her strict methods. Also starring Laura Innes, Maura Tierney, Mekhi Phifer, Laura Cardellini, Shane West, Parminder Nagra and Scott Grimes.
Old 10-13-05, 09:40 PM

Location: Sacremende (by way of the worst place on Earth: cincinnati, ky)
Kristen Johnson needs to go. And take Morris with her.
Old 10-13-05, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I've gotta stop watching the promos for this damn show. They kept hinting that someone on staff would get struck by lightening or something. So the whole hour I was worried they were gonna kill Jerry off as a stunt- then the lightening strike was just played for laughs in the final moments of the show.
Old 10-13-05, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Abby has rocked in the opening sequence for 2 weeks in a row.
Old 10-13-05, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
I'm diggin' that new Latina nurse. They need to give her a storyline.

Preferably with a little clothing as possible. Maybe she can take some pics for Mike in Iraq? Maybe she can take some pics with Neela for Mike in Iraq?
Old 10-13-05, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
How many of us males winced at Dubenko's pitiful plea for Abby to sleep with him before he undergoes a prostatectomy? That was a bittersweet scene between the two of them. At least Abby was able to parlay the "therapist" into helping dubenko with his predicament.

Can't blame Jerry for his aversion to the rain, given his past history in it.

For some reason, this season is still not hitting anywhere near even half their cylinders. It's like the personal cases just lack that spark, I can't quite put my finger on it, but it's just not as compelling as seasons past. I still can't stand the Kristen Johnson character.
Old 10-15-05, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by wetsprockets
Kristen Johnson needs to go. And take Morris with her.
I might be able to handle morris still being on, but Kristen Johnson sucks
Old 10-15-05, 11:41 PM

John Wells was going to cast John Stamos in this season full-time as the new leading man since Noah Wyle decided to leave. ABC actually cared enough about that dumb show Jake In Progress to not cancel it so he will only be in a few episodes until said show comes back mid-season on ABC. I have a hunch that both Wells and Stamos know it will be canceled so I suppose he may be able to still be cast at a later time.
Old 10-15-05, 11:58 PM

Kristen Johnson looks really out of place in this show, cant stand her
Old 10-16-05, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Uncle Jessie becomes Dr. Jessie? I'm not seeing it...
Old 10-16-05, 02:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 799 Likes on 567 Posts
Maybe they should bring Chyna aboard as the chief resident. Two trannies on one show!
Old 10-16-05, 04:24 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by gatoinfeliz
John Wells was going to cast John Stamos in this season full-time as the new leading man since Noah Wyle decided to leave. ABC actually cared enough about that dumb show Jake In Progress to not cancel it so he will only be in a few episodes until said show comes back mid-season on ABC. I have a hunch that both Wells and Stamos know it will be canceled so I suppose he may be able to still be cast at a later time.

I read on a news site that John Leguizamo is playing the role that was originally offered to Stamos. Where did you hear/read that Stamos was making an appearance on ER?
Old 10-16-05, 05:57 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
"I was rear ended"

"I hope you were driving"

Doing a whole episode with the coma patient would have been more interesting than another mother that tried to kill her baby.

Abby's reacion to Debanko's question was great.
Old 10-16-05, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Legolas
I read on a news site that John Leguizamo is playing the role that was originally offered to Stamos. Where did you hear/read that Stamos was making an appearance on ER?
Here's the Yahoo story:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/20050920/en_tv_eo/17406

and another one here:
http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve...7C1%7C,00.html
Old 10-17-05, 08:06 AM

They just haven't found a rhythm with the characters this season. Maura Tierney has been excellent and I am glad to see her back towards the forefront. I find Abby much more interesting when she is not dealing with her mother or brother. What works so well is the way the characters interact with the events of the er. When the show creatively uses the patients to drive story, it works great. When they use characters it just drags. Example, I love the character of Sam, but put her on the road to find her recast son and I couldn't care less.
Old 10-17-05, 09:38 AM

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by dvdhuds
They just haven't found a rhythm with the characters this season. Maura Tierney has been excellent and I am glad to see her back towards the forefront. I find Abby much more interesting when she is not dealing with her mother or brother. What works so well is the way the characters interact with the events of the er. When the show creatively uses the patients to drive story, it works great. When they use characters it just drags. Example, I love the character of Sam, but put her on the road to find her recast son and I couldn't care less.
For me, it depends on what characters they're using for non-ER stories. The Africa two-parter was excellent, I thought, mostly because of Luka. But the Luka/Sam on the road story was ZZZZZZZZZZ
Old 10-17-05, 06:13 PM

I don't know if any of you have already heard this but Sherry Stringfield decided to leave this tired show for the second time. This sucks big-time! Aside from Abby, Susan was the only other character worth watching except in these recent times. She was the only link to the earlier cast and that probably affected her a bit, to know she is the last of a dying bunch (sans Laura Innes simply because she's in what, 2 episodes per season?!).

It's almost like the time she came back just before Anthony Edwards' character was killed off. Everyone except like 2 or 3 people were new.

The reasons these past seasons have sucked so bad is the horrible writing which gets campier and campier, their reliance on "special guest stars" (like Will & Grace), and the biggest one of all:

Instead of focusing on the established characters, they seem to have open casting calls each season and are trying to turn this show into a young hip thing for early twenty year-olds to watch (no offense, I'm 21 by the way).

An example of this is the dissapointing way they let Alex Kingston go, you could see her anger and dissapointment in her last performance when she talked to Carter and said something about there not being any more ties to County General and it was almost like this transcended into reality and was giving John Wells a big fuck you.

Not to mention Paul McCrane's last performance! A Tru Jump The Shark moment.