DVD Talk
400-500 gallons of Halliburton acid spills on Colorado highway [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 400-500 gallons of Halliburton acid spills on Colorado highway

bhk
10-12-05, 11:56 AM
http://www.9news.com/acm_news.aspx?OSGNAME=KUSA&IKOBJECTID=e52803c3-0abe-421a-00e7-e0d095b6e2bc&TEMPLATEID=0c76dce6-ac1f-02d8-0047-c589c01ca7bf

CLIFTON (AP) - Authorities in Mesa County are working to clean up hundreds of gallons of acid that fell from a truck early Wednesday morning.

Assistant fire chief Greg Martin says two containers carrying the acid belonging to the Halliburton Company fell off a truck on Colorado 141 about a mile-and-a-half south of Interstate 70.

Martin says between 400 and 500 gallons spilled when the containers broke. He said about 300 gallons went into a storm drain that eventually flows into the Colorado River.

By about 7 a.m., the road had reopened.

Crews from the Halliburton Co., were on scene to help with the cleanup, Martin said. Also on site were crews from the Grand Junction Fire Department, Colorado State Patrol, and state Department of Transportation.

Martin says Halliburton uses the acid for drilling processes.

Anyone know the molecular composition of Halliburton acid?

dick_grayson
10-12-05, 12:01 PM
I wonder who'll get the contract to clean it up ;)

Chew
10-12-05, 12:02 PM
Anyone know the molecular composition of Halliburton acid?

93% Pure Evil
6% Bush juice
4% evaporation
2% butterscotch ripple

X
10-12-05, 12:31 PM
They updated the headline to "400-500 gallons of acid spills from Halliburton truck onto highway". Probably got some complaints.

Nice touch leaving Halliburton in there though. :up: It's much more important to know that than what state's highway it spilled onto.

goodneocon
10-12-05, 12:59 PM
More liberal commie pinko crap news reporting. Of course they bring up Haliburton, damn liberals always try to attack Haliburton. They ignore all the good and charatable work Haliburton does and just attack the company at every chance. Am I the only one worried aboutthe value of all those stock options Cheney has plumiting, now he will have less to donate to the poor. Damned biased liberal news, why can't they be fair and balanced like Fox news.

bhk
10-12-05, 01:10 PM
More liberal commie pinko crap news reporting. Of course they bring up Haliburton, damn liberals always try to attack Haliburton. They ignore all the good and charatable work Haliburton does and just attack the company at every chance. Am I the only one worried aboutthe value of all those stock options Cheney has plumiting, now he will have less to donate to the poor. Damned biased liberal news, why can't they be fair and balanced like Fox news.
Nice touch leaving Halliburton in there though. It's much more important to know that than what state's highway it spilled onto.

When thousands of gallons of toxic material are spilled due to a derailing, the company which was having the material transported isn't mentioned in the headline.

But of course, it is all just "lazy journalism"TM

goodneocon
10-12-05, 01:12 PM
When thousands of gallons of toxic material are spilled due to a derailing, the company which was having the material transported isn't mentioned in the headline.

But of course, it is all just "lazy journalism"TM

No it's a conspiracy against Haliburton! The liberal media doesn't mention names of other companies, probably because they donated to democrats and are being protected. Damn liberal media is just once again wrongfully attacking Haliburton.

Mordred
10-12-05, 02:23 PM
Am I the only one worried aboutthe value of all those stock options Cheney has plumiting, now he will have less to donate to the poor.rotfl I believe you are the only one worring about Cheney's stock options... besides Cheney himself at least. Of course his options are in a blind trust that he should theoretically know nothing about while he's in office so it probably is just you. :lol:

goodneocon
10-12-05, 02:30 PM
rotfl I believe you are the only one worring about Cheney's stock options... besides Cheney himself at least. Of course his options are in a blind trust that he should theoretically know nothing about while he's in office so it probably is just you. :lol:

I keep track of it, I am worried that all the charities he "will" be donating to might lose money. Are you sure is is in a blind trust? I hope so, I wouldn't want the most honorable Dick Cheney worring about how much profit (that will be given to charity) he can make from the stock options.

I mean look at this damn liberal media reporting. Trying to claim that Cheney still has a financial interest in Haliburton! We good conservatives know the truth.

http://rawstory.com/news/2005/Cheneys_stock_options_rose_3281_last_1011.html

Nazgul
10-12-05, 02:35 PM
I keep track of it, I am worried that all the charities he "will" be donating to might lose money. Are you sure is is in a blind trust? I hope so, I wouldn't want the most honorable Dick Cheney worring about how much profit (that will be given to charity) he can make from the stock options.

I mean look at this damn liberal media reporting. Trying to claim that Cheney still has a financial interest in Haliburton! We good conservatives know the truth.

http://rawstory.com/news/2005/Cheneys_stock_options_rose_3281_last_1011.html

I've lost my agenda. What page are you on?

bhk
10-12-05, 03:04 PM
I've lost my agenda. What page are you on?
Our New Member sounds a lot like a previous member who is no longer with us.

Nazgul
10-12-05, 03:12 PM
Our New Member sounds a lot like a previous member who is no longer with us.

Pshaw!

Ranger
10-12-05, 03:20 PM
Way to gol, Haliburton. Well, at least they were delivering it very early in the day, and they got their own crew to do the clean-up and finished before rush hour.

Mordred
10-12-05, 03:34 PM
I think my sarcasm and returning banned member meters were both malfunctioning today.

Goldblum
10-12-05, 03:51 PM
400-500 gallons of Halliburton-
Stop! That's all I needed to hear. -ohbfrank-

Death penalty.

Ranger
10-12-05, 03:55 PM
Well, companies like Haliburton do have to forced to improve their safety standards if those kinds of accidents keep happening.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0