Invasion -- "Alpha Male" -- 10/12/05

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-05, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Invasion -- "Alpha Male" -- 10/12/05

"Alpha Male"
Spoiler:
Sheriff Underlay just might get the quarantine he wants when Russell discovers that the escaped lab animals may be responsible for a deadly flu virus spreading through Homestead.

Cast: William Fichtner, Eddie Cibrian, Lisa Sheridan, Kari Matchett, Tyler Labine, Evan Peters, Ariel Gade, Alexis Dziena, Aisha Hinds, Nathan Baesel, Lisa Jane Persky, Jeff Perry, James Carraway, Christine Healy, Holmes Osborne, Jim Cantafio, R.C. Shivers , Jake Richardson, Michael Mitchell, James Sharpe.
Director(s): Sergio Mimica-Gezzan.
Producer(s): Shaun Cassidy, Lawrence Trilling.
Writer(s): Juan Carlos Coto.

Original Airdate: October 12, 2005.
Old 10-14-05, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
I'm guessing that people have stopped watching this show.
Old 10-14-05, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
If the carrier dude is supposed to be the Alpha Male, this show is really treading some deep waters.

Oh look, another episode of developing another pod person by giving them the orange light treatment under the water.

So we have a carrier pod person, it would seem. People are contracting some weird coughing/lung disease from that guy. If the sheriff is okay with the quarantine, that means it must play into his/their plan, whatever that plan may be.

Too bad this show moves at a snail's pace.

This show is almost making me start watching CSI:NY, a show I gave up on after 4 episodes last season.
Old 10-14-05, 07:35 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm still enjoying the show. It's slow, but has still kept my interest so far. Looks like things may pick up some next week from the preview.
Old 10-14-05, 10:24 PM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this show has grown on me.
Old 10-14-05, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
This show is on the bubble with me, it has to step up the pace. It is not interesting enough to move at a Lost or Twin Peaks pace.
Old 10-15-05, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this episode things starting happening,Surface has been more enjoyable so far.
Old 10-15-05, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Josh Hinkle
I'm still enjoying the show. It's slow, but has still kept my interest so far. Looks like things may pick up some next week from the preview.
Agreed. I thought it was the best episode so far.
Old 10-17-05, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just watched this episode and I think I am fnally done with this show. I have been holding out for something to grab my interest. I don't care about any of the characters or the relationships. But most of all, I don't even find the whole alien story interesting at all. The lights? Snore. Now we have monkeys and a virus storyline?

Maybe they are eventually going somewhere interesting with this, but I just have too many other shows to watch this season. I think I will stick with Surface and Supernatural for my creepy/sci-fi fix.
Old 10-19-05, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,497 Posts
Ouch, only 8 messages on this thread?

Just watched this one. The previews for this show were horrible... it made it seem like they would be hunting monkeys for the whole show, like some kind of bad B movie. Thankfully, that wasn't the case. It is slow, but I'll stick around to see what happens. Though I can't understand the transitions in this show. The ranger tells his brother in law to go make sure the kids are safe at home, and it take him until 11pm to get there? The wife goes looking for the kids and finds them early in the morning? Does the sherriff just have a thing for the ranger's wife, after already marrying his ex-wife?