Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

TVTalk Draft Game…Voting Round 3…we need YOUR votes!

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 10-11-05, 01:38 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Welcome to the voting phase of the TVTalk Draft Tournament! In this thread, the players drafted a virtual “lineup” of seven seasons from actual television shows. Now, it is up to you, the TVTalk community, to vote on which “Network Executive” has drafted the best lineup.

We are now in round 3 of this single-elimination tournament. In order to vote, you need to reply to this post telling me who you think has the best lineup. Your vote will not count unless you vote on every pair! Please do not vote if you cannot observe this simple rule.

Players in the game are also allowed to vote. Optionally, they are also allowed to post to this thread telling everybody why they think you should vote for their lineup.

So, let the voting begin! The polls close on Wednesday, October 12, exactly 24 hours after the exact time of the timestamp of this post. Match-ups will be listed in the first reply to this post.

Good luck to all the participants!

Last edited by Groucho; 10-11-05 at 02:15 PM.
Old 10-11-05, 01:38 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
This Round’s Match-Ups

1. das Monkey vs mdc3000
das Monkey’s Lineup:
Sunday: Babylon 5 - Season 3 ("Messages From Earth", "Point of No Return", "Severed Dreams", "War Without End I & II", "Z'ha'dum")
Monday: Sports Night, Season 1 ("Eli's Coming", "Dear Louise", "Napoleon's Battle Plan", "What Kind of Day Has it Been", "SHOE MONEY TONIGHT!")
Tuesday: Firefly, Complete Series
Wednesday: Homicide: Life on the Street, Season 1 ("Three Men and Adena", "Gone for Goode", "Ghost of a Chance")
Thursday: The Wonder Years, Season 4 (Winnie moves, attends a new school, and meets someone else; Kevin's final year in Junior High; Winnie's car accident and "I Love You")
Friday: Joe Schmo 2: Last Chance for Love (Ingrid, Bryce, Montecore, "Porked & Beans", "Mockingbird!")
Saturday: The A-Team, Season 2 (Colonel Decker replaces Colonel Lynch, Hannibal has a plan, B.A. refuses to fly, Murdock breaks out of a mental hospital, Faceman charms some women)
mdc3000’s Lineup:
Sunday: Arrested Development, Season 2
Monday: Rescue Me - Season 1
Tuesday: Tuesday: Alias - Season 2 (Lena Olin, Mother-Daughter-Father-Rambaldi conflict, REBOOT)
Wednesday: Angel, Season 5 (Spike joins , Fred becomes Illyria, Smile Time Puppet Angel, and Finale)
Thursday: Scrubs, Season 4 (guest stars: Heather Graham, Julianna Marguiles, Colin Farrell, Matthew Perry, Tom Cavanaugh, JD moves out)
Friday: Prison Break, Season 1
Saturday: Strangers With Candy, Season 1 (Who Wants Cake?, Boogie Nights, Let Freedom Ring, Trip Back)
2. scott27 vs apeyard
scott27’s Lineup:
Sunday: The Simpsons, Season 4 (Monorail, Mr. Plow, the Itchy & Scratchy Movie, and Kamp Krusty)
Monday: All in the Family, Season 2 (Maude's debut, Archie gets stuck in an elevator with a pregnant Puerto Rican, and Archie's kiss with Sammy Davis Jr.)
Tuesday: Twilight Zone (original), Season 1 (Time Enough at Last, Elegy, the Monsters are Due on Maple Street)
Wednesday: Mr. Show, Season 3
Thursday: South Park, Season 4 (Cartman Joins NAMBLA, Trapper Keeper, Do the Handicapped go to Hell?)
Friday: I Love Lucy, Season 4 (the end of their trip to California, including going to Grauman's and meeting John Wayne; Lucy stomps grapes)
Saturday: Married...With Children, Season 3 (Al sweats Elvis, the originally unaired episode, Al & Peggy's high school reunion, the Bundys get a computer)
apeyard’s Lineup:
Sunday: Freaks and Geeks, Complete Series
Monday: West Wing, Season 2(Two Cathedrals - Bartlett decides to run again after Mrs. Landingham's death, The aftermath of the assassination attempt, Big Block of Cheese Day)
Tuesday: Sopranos, Season 2 - (BigPussy talks with the FBI, Funhouse)
Wednesday: Entourage, Season 2 (Playboy Mansion, Pauly Shore and Ralph Macchio, Sundance, Ari pulls a Jerry Maguire, James Cameron)
Thursday: ER, Season 2 (Hell and High Water - Doug saves the kids in the storm drain, Carter becomes a doctor)
Friday: American Dreams, Season 1 (Season ends with the riots in Philly)
Saturday: Pardon the Interruption, Season 3 (Tony's "Vacation", bear on the trampoline, Time-Time-Tony)
3. Chew vs Suprmallet
Chew’s Lineup:
Sunday: Star Trek (The Original Series), Season 1 ("City on the Edge of Forever", "Space Seed", "Balance of Terror")
Monday: Monty Python's Flying Circus Season 2 (Dinsdale, Ministry of Silly Walks, Spam, The Spanish Inquisition, Throatwarbler-Mangrove)
Tuesday: The Prisoner, Complete Series
Wednesday: I Love Lucy, Season 2 ("Job Switching" (The chocolate factory), "The Camping Trip" and Lucy is pregnant “expecting”.)
Thursday: Farscape Season 4 ("Kansas", "Terra Firma", "We're So Screwed" 1-3, "Bad Timing")
Friday: The Muppet Show, Season 2 (Elton John, Peter Sellers, John Cleese, Steve Martin, George Burns, Bob Hope)
Saturday: Frasier, Season 1 ("The Good Son", "Frasier Crane's Day Off", "My Coffee With Niles", "The Show Where Lilith Comes Back")
Suprmallet’s Lineup:
Sunday: Twin Peaks, Season 1
Monday: Curb Your Enthusiasm, Season 2 (The Doll, The Car Salesman, The Shrimp Incident, The Acupuncturist)
Tuesday: Cowboy Bebop, Complete Series
Wednesday: The Kids In The Hall, Season 1 (The Pear Dream, Anatomy of Comedy, Boring Aliens, Citizen Kane, Businessman Followed Me Home, Bruce McCulloh Causes Cancer, Star-Crossed Lovers, Crushing Your Head)
Thursday: Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Season 3 (Repression, Wrath, Stolen, Rooftop, Tangled, Redemption, Inheritance, Ridicule, Monogamy, Counterfeit, Popular, Guilt, Greed, Denial, Competence)
Friday: Reno 911!, Season 2 (Dangle's Promotion, Dangle's Ex Visits, Religion in Reno, Firefighters are Jerks, Not Without My Moustache, Security for Kenny Rogers, Raineesha X, Accidental Marriage, Milkshake Man's Death)
Saturday: Tiny Toon Adventures, Season 1
4. Jericho vs auto
Jericho’s Lineup:
Sunday: Sopranos, Season 1 (Tony clashes with his mother, visits Dr. Melfi)
Monday: 24, Season 1 (Plan to assassinate Senator Palmer)
Tuesday: The Shield, Season 1
Wednesday: Deadwood, Season 2
Thursday: Depserate Housewives, Season 1 (The mysterious suicide of Mary Alice Young)
Friday: Babylon 5, Season 4 (No Surrender, No Retreat, War against the Shadows, Sheridan wants to overthrow Earth's government)
Saturday: Rome, Season 1
auto’s Lineup:
Sunday: Arrested Development, Season 1
Monday: The Wire, Season 1
Tuesday: Mr. Show, Season 1 (“Ronnie Dobbs”, “Senator Tankerbell”, “Pit-Pat”, Imminent Death Syndrome”, “National Entitlitus Foundation”, “Renouncing ho-mo-sin-uality”)
Wednesday: Homicide: Life on the Street, Season 3 ("Crosetti", "Every Mother's Son", "The City That Bleeds/Dead End/End Game" w/ Steve Buschemi, "Colors" w/ Bruce Campbell & "The Gas Man" w/ Bruno Kirby)
Thursday: Twin Peaks, Season 2 (Laura’s killer revealed/BOB/Windom Earle/The Black Lodge)
Friday: The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr., Complete Series (Bruce Campbell’s Sci-Fi Western)
Saturday: Carnivàle, Season 2 (From Los Moscos to New Canaan / Some questions are answered; others are raised)
Old 10-11-05, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1. das Monkey
2. scott27
3. Chew
4. Jericho
Old 10-11-05, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1. das Monkey
2. Another mostly comedy vs. mostly drama match-up. More variety from apeyard, and I just love that trampoline bear
3. Chew with some help from the Brits
4. I think I was going to vote one way, but then I got amnesia, so I guess I'll go with auto

das
Old 10-11-05, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

1) das
2) scott27
3) Chew
4) Jericho
Old 10-11-05, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 242 Likes on 177 Posts
1) das Monkey
2) scott27
3) Suprmallet
4) auto
Old 10-11-05, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

1) das Monkey
2) scott27
3) Chew
4) auto
Old 10-11-05, 02:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mdc3000
scott27
Suprmallet
auto
Old 10-11-05, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I declare JERICHO the winner by knockout!
Old 10-11-05, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

1. mdc3000
2. scott27
3. Chew
4. auto
Old 10-11-05, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 612 Likes on 492 Posts
How the hell does apeyard only have 1 vote so far. No PTI appreciation apparently.

1. I wish I could watch mdc's network Sunday, Monday, watch DVDs on Tuesday, and watch das' network the rest of the week. das gets it
2. apeyard's stiffest test yet but he survives the comedy onslaught.
3. Chew in a walk.
4. Jericho pretty easily.
Old 10-11-05, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
1) mdc3000 - I'm sure das will win this match-up, and I do like his first three, but mdc3000 has so many of my favorites represented, that I'd tune into him more often
2) scott27 - tend to prefer drama to comedy, but apeyard's dramas don't reach the highs that scott's comedies do
3) Chew - same reasons as last round
4) Jericho - I like auto's picks, but I like my own better. But it seems like auto actively sought out all the good shows that no one watches
Old 10-11-05, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Red Dog

How the hell does apeyard only have 1 vote so far. No PTI appreciation apparently.
Pay attention, Wilbon.

das
Old 10-11-05, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 612 Likes on 492 Posts
Maybe I missed them but did any DEK shows (including when he worked on L.A. Law) get selected? L.A. Law and Picket Fences would have been great late round picks.
Old 10-11-05, 02:46 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
1. mdc3000
2. apeyard
3. Suprmallet
4. Jericho

Man, Chew is giving me some stiff competition. I wonder what it is about my lineup that is turning some people off.
Old 10-11-05, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
1. das Monkey (a tough call)
2. scott27 (a really tough call)
3. suprmallet (a lil' easier)
4. auto (easiest decision today )
Old 10-11-05, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1) mdc3000
2) scott27
3) Suprmallet
4) auto
Old 10-11-05, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

1.mdc3000
2. scott27
3.Chew
4.Jericho
Old 10-11-05, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

mdc3000
scott27
chew
jericho
Old 10-11-05, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
As much as I enjoy PTI I would have no interest in watching old episodes removed from the events surrounding them. Plus I felt it was a little weak to pick a daily series without any real seasons.
Old 10-11-05, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
Man, Chew is giving me some stiff competition. I wonder what it is about my lineup that is turning some people off.
Monty Python trumped Kids in the Hall. And if I have ta go "cutesy", I'll take some Jim Henson magic over Speilberg. My $.02 since ya wondered aloud.
Old 10-11-05, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1. das Monkey-based on the strength of B5 and Firefly.
2. scott27-almost all comedy, but a line-up that features Homer, Archie, Cartman and Al Bundy is my kind of line-up. I also don't think that Pardon the Interuption should be considered a TV season, IMO.
3. Suprmallet-Twin Peaks and Bebop edges out Star Trek and The Prisoner.
4. Jericho-have to vote for Jericho's bad asses(Jack Bauer, Vic Mackey, Tony Soprano, etc), but it was tough to vote against Twin Peaks and particularly Brisco County.

Good luck to all.
Old 10-11-05, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
4. Jericho-have to vote for Jericho's bad asses(Jack Bauer, Vic Mackey, Tony Soprano, etc), but it was tough to vote against Twin Peaks and particularly Brisco County.

Good luck to all.
Don't forget Al Swearengen. I'll battle anyone in a battle of the network stars!
Old 10-11-05, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts
1. mdc3000
2. apeyard
3. Suprmallet
4. auto
Old 10-11-05, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

1. das Monkey
2. scott27
3. Chew
4. Jericho

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.