Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone watch Dungeons & Dragons 2: Wrath of the Dragon God?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-05, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sci-Fi channel synopsis: Five heroes undertake an epic quest to destroy a dangerous artifact and stop a dark wizard bent on revenge.

For a Sci-Fi channel movie this was "not bad" although that's a pretty low standard to beat. The semi-wooden acting aside it was essentially a small table-top DM's campaign set into movie format.

Spoiler:

I have to give the writers credit for killing one of the party members early in the campaign as well as maiming/killing some of the other party members throughout the movie. I suppose that's what happens when you take on a dracolich and assorted other minions.

Some of the party interactions really didn't make much sense, i.e. the rogue and barbarian interaction but for a Sci-Fi movie it's excusable.
Old 10-09-05, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no, no one watched
Old 10-09-05, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I didn't even know this had ever actually been made or that it was a Sci-Fi Channel Original, much less that it had already aired. I may watch it out of morbid curiousity.

Edit: DVD Art

Last edited by Joe Molotov; 10-09-05 at 08:28 PM.
Old 10-09-05, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pretty cool dvd art, but a bad movie.

It wasn't terribly made, (to the point of being campily enjoyable, like some Sci-fi movies), but wasn't that well made, either. It was just boring, and wholly forgettable, imho.
Old 10-09-05, 10:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll watch anything D&D related, so I sat thru it all. One good thing about it, it was better than the first D&D movie...of course that's not saying much. It was about what you'd expect from a Sci-Fi original movie I guess.

The two dragons in it, I thought looked pretty cool. Got a good chuckle when the rogue had stomach acid from a purple worm in a vial and he said "this will eat thru anything..." I guess anything but the vial it was in and the cork used to close up the bottle. Can file this movie under the subject "movies to have on in the background while napping on a Saturday afternoon".