Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

The Dark Backward?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-05, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Dark Backward?

DVDpriceseach listed this as coming out this week, but I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

DVDempire says release date TBA, and Amazin lists it as 1/1/2010.

Anyone hear anything?

-Jason
Old 10-07-05, 06:29 PM

Sorry for a reply w/o any info but... I was just going to bring this up. It was supposed to be out with the other 10/4 catalog releases. Also, last time I checked Amazon, it was listed as fullscreen- so who knows what's going on. Maybe, just maybe, they pulled it to do it OAR? Glad I didn't ebay my LD.
Old 07-26-06, 10:10 PM

Well, nearly a year later, it may be coming on 10/3 :
http://www.sonypictures.com/homevide...396093874.html

But Sony sure has a funny idea of "special edition," no features listed and full frame. Even the LD is widescreen (though it's somewhere between 1.66 and 1.85:1). I hope they just haven't updated the info yet.

And what the heck is going on with The Chocolate War? I guess it's a good thing Sony isn't handling MGM distro anymore.
Old 09-30-06, 08:39 PM

Judging by the lact of posts in this thread, I'm probably not going to get an answer, but I'd figure I'd try. Shortly after the above post, I found the DVDactive post that listed more correct specs than the Sony page. Well, I checked the Sony page a couple weeks ago to see if there was any more info and the search did not find the title, though the above page is still there. I checked and it is still listed for 03 OCT release on amazon, wal-mart, borders, best buy, etc., but not on DDD. So I checked my local wal-mart, best buy and borders (sometimes they have stuff out early) and no go. Borders even said it was still listed for the same release date, but they weren't scheduled to get any?!? Anyone have any idea what's going on with this title? Is it gonna be another Ed Wood? I'm tempted to order through amazon in case they get some in and no one else does.

EDIT: Well nevermind. I checked amazon last night and it was there. I just went to order it and it was gone. Sony can't seem to get this one right at all. They must have needed the resources for a new edition of MIB.

Last edited by i86time; 09-30-06 at 08:49 PM.