DVD Talk
US & allies have disrupted 10 Al Qaeda plots since 9/11/01 [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

PDA

View Full Version : US & allies have disrupted 10 Al Qaeda plots since 9/11/01

RoyalTea
10-06-05, 01:56 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/administration/bushtext_100605.html We're acting, along with the governments from many countries, to destroy the terrorist networks and incapacitate their leaders.

Together, we've killed or captured nearly all of those directly responsible for the September the 11th attacks, as well as some of bin Laden's most senior deputies, Al Qaida managers and operatives in more than 24 countries: the mastermind of the USS Cole bombing who was chief of Al Qaida operations in the Persian Gulf, the mastermind of the Jakarta and the first Bali bombings, a senior Zarqawi terrorist planner who was planning attacks in Turkey, and many of Al Qaida's senior leaders in Saudi Arabia.

Overall, the United States and our partners have disrupted at least 10 serious Al Qaida terrorist plots since September the 11th, including three Al Qaida plots to attack inside the United States. We've stopped at least five more Al Qaida efforts to case targets in the United States or infiltrate operatives into our country. :up:

X
10-06-05, 02:05 PM
No way!

We keep being told that there were no Al Qaida attacks inside America for the first 225 years of our history so we shouldn't expect them to carry out another until at least 2226.

Nazgul
10-06-05, 02:07 PM
What about Bin Laden?

These plots would not have existed if we never went to Iraq.

(I thought I'd get these two out of the way)

nemein
10-06-05, 02:13 PM
LIES! It's all propaganda used to perpetuate this senseless war on "terrorism" (that was started by Bush and his cronies when they blew up the WTC and sent a missile into the Pentagon in the first place) :mad2:

Just helping Nazgul -ptth- Not to mention today seemed to be "conspiracy day" on CSPAN call in show this morning so I got an earful of this type of junk, what a great way to start the day ;)

Myster X
10-06-05, 02:13 PM
Thanks George Bush

RoyalTea
10-06-05, 02:14 PM
What about Bin Laden?dead
These plots would not have existed if we never went to Iraq.I totally disagree.

Red Dog
10-06-05, 02:51 PM
Thanks George Bush

I agree. That's about all I can thank him for, however.

bhk
10-06-05, 03:18 PM
I totally disagree.
I think a readjustment of the sarcasm meter may be in order.

eXcentris
10-06-05, 03:40 PM
There's something to be said about fighting terrorism using intelligence. And yes, I do mean both meanings of the word. :)

Mammal
10-06-05, 03:48 PM
Oh, sure.

Th0r S1mpson
10-06-05, 03:51 PM
Yeah, right.

Pashaw!

Pharoh
10-06-05, 04:02 PM
There's something to be said about fighting terrorism using intelligence. And yes, I do mean both meanings of the word. :)

Yep, just as there is something to be said about obtaining that intelligence a variety of ways.

X
10-06-05, 04:16 PM
Yep, just as there is something to be said about obtaining that intelligence a variety of ways.You mean like our and other military forces capturing Al Qaida and then giving them soothing music and lollipops until they talk?

Pharoh
10-06-05, 04:18 PM
Something like that.

Mammal
10-06-05, 06:28 PM
Or by having Rove & the spin machine "interpret" some "facts." Why in the world would anybody believe this claim?

Th0r S1mpson
10-06-05, 06:41 PM
Why in the world would anybody believe this claim?
Because by stopping these people, Rove and Bush each earned 100 free gallons of gas and an oil change.

JumpCutz
10-06-05, 06:46 PM
Nice timing also, with Rove under the microscope and indictments on the way.

Expect something to go "boom" if this group really starts to feel the heat.

Nothing better than a big distraction while pumping up the fear factor amongst the populace. -wink-

Thank god they prevented the other 10 attacks.... :clap: :rolleyes:

Th0r S1mpson
10-06-05, 07:14 PM
Expect something to go "boom" if this group really starts to feel the heat.

Nothing better than a big distraction while pumping up the fear factor amongst the populace. -wink-

You mean like a bomb threat in the NY subway?

Jason
10-06-05, 07:32 PM
Apparantly, all of these attacks have been thwarted post November 2004. I can't imagine the bush administration not using this for campaign propoganda.

Th0r S1mpson
10-06-05, 08:14 PM
I can't imagine people not accusing the Bush administration of using this for proganda purposes... like when Saddam was captured and left-beating hearts broke around the world... because the timing was really "convenient" or something, for no particular reason.

X
10-06-05, 08:22 PM
I'm sure the terrorists just wanted to get back at us for re-electing Bush. We know Kerry was their candidate. At least they thought he was, but just like us they never could figure out what he was going to do about them.

RoyalTea
10-06-05, 09:02 PM
some of the responses in this thread don't do anything to assuage my suspicions that people are rooting for another terrorist attack on our soil, just to say "i told you so."

Th0r S1mpson
10-06-05, 09:17 PM
some of the responses in this thread don't do anything to assuage my suspicions that people are rooting for another terrorist attack on our soil, just to say "i told you so."
But... but... DVD Polizei hasn't even posted here yet!

;)

(And I wouldn't say they're rooting for it. Just prepping the "I told you so" for the inevitable)

Nazgul
10-06-05, 09:31 PM
But... but... DVD Polizei hasn't even posted here yet!

;)

(And I wouldn't say they're rooting for it. Just prepping the "I told you so" for the inevitable)

The numerous arm chair quarterbacks who roam around here are keeping their talking points ready to go. :)

DVD Polizei
10-06-05, 10:14 PM
What about Bin Laden?

These plots would not have existed if we never went to Iraq.

(I thought I'd get these two out of the way)

And don't forget:

1) We are winning the war on terror

2) Stay the course

3) US security is as its highest ever

4) If we leave Iraq, the evildoers will think we are weak and will certainly attack us more

(Thought I would get those 4 out of the way) :D

Also, when a serious AQ attack happens in the us, many lives will be lost. It won't be some petty dumbass Islamic wannabe who acted on his own. And it won't be some small group of guys who don't know anything about explosives or planning attacks. The differences between these alleged US attacks and the attacks that are successfully carried out overseas should be obvious we're dealing with a much different crowd.

Bacon
10-06-05, 10:50 PM
Yeah Bush is the best president ever

JumpCutz
10-06-05, 11:36 PM
This is the like the 12th time Bushco has had the conveniently-timed 'terror alert' when they were faced with bad news and needed a diversion.

It's laughable.

Wag the friggin' Dog.

Th0r S1mpson
10-07-05, 12:18 AM
This is the like the 12th time Bushco has had the conveniently-timed 'terror alert' when they were faced with bad news and needed a diversion.

It's laughable.

Wag the friggin' Dog.
Care to post a date when a terror alert could have been issued when people wouldn't have considered it "convenient" timing for the administration? There's always something going on. These claims of a "diversion" when Saddam were captured... no legitimate reason could be given about the timing.

Are you suggesting that the threat is not credible? That's really what you're implying. That the administration is making it up. Right?

First of all, it doesn't divert attention from the Rove issue one bit. Believe it or not, there is room for 2 headlines on most pages and there is more than one reporter out there. The only thing that would divert is an actual attack. But it's not like the investigation would be called off. There's not a timeline here... Rove has been waiting months for them to accept his offer any way.

Or is this about the supreme court nomination? Well... you could scuttle the debate for a few days with a terror alert, but what purpose would that serve? None. People will be bored and chatting again on Monday.

Maybe... just maybe... scandals and nominations happen when they happen and terror alerts are given when there is a known threat. Crazy, I know. Booga booga.

Myster X
10-07-05, 12:22 AM

It's laughable.

Wag the friggin' Dog.

Yup. The terror cells disruption in Buffalo, Portland, and Lodi were all lies!
Damn him.

DVD Polizei
10-07-05, 12:27 AM
Care to post a date when a terror alert could have been issued when people wouldn't have considered it "convenient" timing for the administration? There's always something going on. These claims of a "diversion" when Saddam were captured... no legitimate reason could be given about the timing.

Are you suggesting that the threat is not credible? That's really what you're implying. That the administration is making it up. Right?

First of all, it doesn't divert attention from the Rove issue one bit. Believe it or not, there is room for 2 headlines on most pages and there is more than one reporter out there. The only thing that would divert is an actual attack. But it's not like the investigation would be called off. There's not a timeline here... Rove has been waiting months for them to accept his offer any way.

Or is this about the supreme court nomination? Well... you could scuttle the debate for a few days with a terror alert, but what purpose would that serve? None. People will be bored and chatting again on Monday.

Maybe... just maybe... scandals and nominations happen when they happen and terror alerts are given when there is a known threat. Crazy, I know. Booga booga.

Well how about this. The Bush Administration only issues alerts AFTER an incident happens. Maybe, just maybe, the Bush Administration is merely a REACTIONARY administration, and doesn't know it's hand from its foot. And from events over the past few years, I think this is a good assessment.

Bush had a good idea of taking Saddam out. And I give a thumbs up to him for that. But since that moment, we've been going downhill fighting terrorism. It's become a corporate entity, full of political and financial interests.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0