Reload this Page >

Disney's Cinderella DVD (2 disc Platinum Edition) - case question

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 10-05-05, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Purchased from Toys R Us, got a free clock and able to get a 2nd dvd for $10 (Bambi). However, the Bambi (or other Platinum edtions like Aladdin, Lion King, Mulan etc..) has an attractive dvd cardboard sleeve over the dvd case. Cinderella doesn't have this sleeve, it this how Cinderella is sold or just that Toys R Us discarded the attractive sleeve? Thanks in advance!
Old 10-05-05, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine came with the slipcover.
Old 10-05-05, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Doh!
Old 10-05-05, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Got mine with a slipcover at Wal-Mart.
Old 10-05-05, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Stupid Toys R us.... Looks like i have to find a way to get the darn sleeve. Perhaps in Block Buster... Or just go to a different Toys R Us, darn it, make me do extra trips...
Old 10-05-05, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I saw some copies at Wal-Mart that had the slipcover, and some that didn't.
Old 10-05-05, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Huh? That's weird... Unless some clerks removed the slipcovers intentionally? Well, i think they removed the slipcovers to indicate the dvd case is sealed or importantly, the dvd is indeed Cinderella. I just realized that all Toys R Us has the non-slipcover versions (at least the ones i went to). Man, this sucks!
Old 10-05-05, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
What's up with this? A lot of people are finding Cinderella without a slipsleeve. All the copies at the Best Buy I went to had the slipsleeve. I always thought that Disney released them with the slipsleeves then got rid of them somwhere down the road.
Old 10-05-05, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hmmm, that's not cool, as consumers, we get less for the same copy (if you purchase it w/o the slipcover). I might just go to Best Buy and buy a slipcover copy and then return the one I brought from Toys R Us.
Old 10-05-05, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 331 Likes on 250 Posts
They've simply got to STOP putting the slipcovers outside the shrinkwrapped case! Whose bright idea was this, and why do so many releases come this way now??? Most stores put their price tags or theft alarm things right on them, so I only buy titles that come this way through mail-order or at stores that don't stick anything on them! There's a lot of titles I've passed up because they came in this sort of package and the store had tags stuck on it!
Old 10-05-05, 07:14 PM

My Wal-mart seemed to have about half with slipcovers and half without.
Old 10-05-05, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The ones without slipcovers have the stickers that were on the slipcovers right on the shrink wrap, so the missing covers is intentional.
Old 10-05-05, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
They've simply got to STOP putting the slipcovers outside the shrinkwrapped case! Whose bright idea was this, and why do so many releases come this way now??? Most stores put their price tags or theft alarm things right on them, so I only buy titles that come this way through mail-order or at stores that don't stick anything on them! There's a lot of titles I've passed up because they came in this sort of package and the store had tags stuck on it!
I agree. I refuse to buy a DVD with a slipcover that has a store's prices and tags on it, unless they can come off without any wear or tear on the box.
Old 10-07-05, 02:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

usually there are two diffrent order numbers (for Vendors) for disney dvds...one for slips one without....they are usually priced about the same for the first month. Looks like someone just didn't put in the right order number.
Old 10-07-05, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

and hence the confusion at the shelves. the BBs i've been to all have them, while the CC's do not.
Old 10-07-05, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Are these just a standard slipcover, or are they like most disney releases with a cover that opens and is held together by velcro or the crappy wad of glue?
Old 10-07-05, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by chsidwel
Are these just a standard slipcover, or are they like most disney releases with a cover that opens and is held together by velcro or the crappy wad of glue?
The slipcover opens, and mine is held together with Velcro.
Old 10-07-05, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Actually, CC has half and half... I was able to get the slipcover version in CC and returned the non-slipcover brought from TRU (i haven't open it) back to CC. Of course, i swapped the price stickers. The stickers on the slipcover are pretty easy to peel off (except the big one on the back, yuck!). Since CC has both versions, i don't see the harm in my little exchange scheme.

I just noticed that slipcover for Mulan re-release is not like the others, it doesn't have a flap to open, which reveals more artwork.

Oh, the velcro is the plastic type, i.e. silent velcro, they are all glued in off positioned, but doesn't bother me much.
Old 10-07-05, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Oh anther thing, the slipcovers are really cool show offs. My Platinum Disney dvd collection display themselves uniformly with the slipcover (i.e. depth-wise, all dvds are same size). Maybe i'm a little anal... but come to think of it, don't you guys/gals hate the old WB cardboard dvd cases?
Old 10-07-05, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Ocelot
Maybe i'm a little anal... but come to think of it, don't you guys/gals hate the old WB cardboard dvd cases?
Snapper cases? No, I don't think you'll find anyone around who hates them.