DVD Talk
Who will replace Alan Greenspan? [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Who will replace Alan Greenspan?

al_bundy
10-04-05, 04:16 PM
Since he has a few months to go, who is going to replace him? Is Bush going to pick a real economist or someone like his personal accountant?

Ranger
10-04-05, 04:41 PM
Maybe the treasury head Snow?

Deftones
10-04-05, 05:06 PM
Hopefully someone who will be more kind w/ interest rates for those of us building houses.... ;)

joshd2012
10-04-05, 06:10 PM
Hopefully someone who will be more kind w/ interest rates for those of us building houses.... ;)

Actually, the higher the Interest rate when you buy the better. You can negotiate down the price and then refinance when the Interest Rates bottom out again. Low Interest Rates = Seller's Market. High Interest Rates = Buyer's Market. You can always get a different Interest Rate, you can never get a different purchase price.

I hope Bush puts more thought into his choice than he has done in the past with other positions. Whoever gets elected in 2008 is going to have a lot of firing to do in order to clease the system of all the asshats.

Pharoh
10-04-05, 06:52 PM
It will either be Bernanke or Feldstein. I am personally partial to Mr. Bernanke, for many reasons, but if I had to bet it would be on Mr. Feldstein. I can live with that choice quite easily.

wendersfan
10-04-05, 07:06 PM
It will either be Bernanke or Feldstein. I am personally partial to Mr. Bernanke, for many reasons, but if I had to bet it would be on Mr. Feldstein. I can live with that choice quite easily.
Looking at their respective CVs, they both appear incredibly qualified. When I get to work tomorrow I'll download a few of their articles from JSTOR.

DVD Polizei
10-04-05, 07:07 PM
Since he has a few months to go, who is going to replace him? Is Bush going to pick a real economist or someone like his personal accountant?

Some very old man who hasn't taken an accounting course since WWII.

Pharoh
10-04-05, 07:09 PM
Some very old man who hasn't taken an accounting course since WWII.

You obviously aren't familiar with the names I listed.

DVD Polizei
10-04-05, 07:25 PM
And I guess you're not familiar with how Bush selects his governmental positions, nor my attempt to make you laugh. :shrug:

mosquitobite
10-05-05, 07:02 AM
:lol:

Pharoh
10-05-05, 10:04 AM
And I guess you're not familiar with how Bush selects his governmental positions, nor my attempt to make you laugh. :shrug:

I am quite familiar with his economic appointments. However, with your recent, (revised), history of conspiracies lurking everywhere, I'll admit it is sometimes difficult to discern when humor is intended.

X
10-05-05, 10:15 AM
And I guess you're not familiar with how Bush selects his governmental positions, nor my attempt to make you laugh. :shrug:Since you brought it up...

Those attempts at humor, if they really are that, have been mostly a failure for a very long time. That is probably due to the fact that most of what you say is so ridiculous that we never know whether you believe what you're saying or not.

Your posts largely serve to make you look uninformed and really only add noise to the forum that distracts from the discussions.

Deftones
10-05-05, 01:42 PM
Actually, the higher the Interest rate when you buy the better. You can negotiate down the price and then refinance when the Interest Rates bottom out again. Low Interest Rates = Seller's Market. High Interest Rates = Buyer's Market. You can always get a different Interest Rate, you can never get a different purchase price.

If and that is the key word, they do go back down. Still, the thought of having to pay thousands and thousands more over the life of the loan, isn't a very warm and fuzzy feeling.

uberjoe
10-05-05, 01:52 PM
Since you brought it up...

Those attempts at humor, if they really are that, have been mostly a failure for a very long time. That is probably due to the fact that most of what you say is so ridiculous that we never know whether you believe what you're saying or not.

Your posts largely serve to make you look uninformed and really only add noise to the forum that distracts from the discussions.

Daaaaamn.

This bitch-slap was brought to you by the letter "X."

Myster X
10-05-05, 02:16 PM

So true, if Bay Area folks are looking for a house, try Sacramento.
Excess amount of inventory out there.

mosquitobite
10-05-05, 02:40 PM
Daaaaamn.

This bitch-slap was brought to you by the letter "X."

:lol: that's what I was thinking. Remind me never to bring up my attempt at humor...

rotfl

wendersfan
10-21-05, 11:50 AM
According to this week's issue of <i>The Economist</i>, the odds are as follows:

Ben Bernanke - 38% chance
Martin Feldstein - 18%
Glenn Hubbard - 17%
Larry Lindsay - 16%
Don Kohn - 3%
Roger Ferguson - 1%

dick_grayson
10-21-05, 11:51 AM
Harriet Miers

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0