DVD Talk
What if Joe Kennedy Jr had lived? [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

PDA

View Full Version : What if Joe Kennedy Jr had lived?

Buttmunker
10-04-05, 11:00 AM
Joe Kennedy Jr died in 1944 while serving his country in World War II. With him, the world was forever changed.

1) if Joe Jr had lived, he would have become President of the United States, not JFK.

2) If JFK was not President in the 1960's, he would have worked with his older brother. JFK was no RFK (brother Bobby) - JFK was soft and non-aggressive, while RFK was brass and rude. Brother Bobby could have been the reason JFK had the enemies he had.

3) The father (Joe Sr) would have had his focus on the two eldest brothers (Joe Jr & Jack), therefore Bobby would not have had the opportunities he had in the 60's. I seriously doubt RFK would have been appointed Attorney General - that job may have gone to Jack.

4) With the same enemies, Joseph P Kennedy Jr may have served out his eight full years as President, and the 1960's may have been a different place.

Do you agree?

Buttmunker
10-04-05, 11:02 AM
4) With the same enemies, Joseph P Kennedy Jr may have served out his eight full years as President, and the 1960's may have been a different place.

*meant to say, withOUT

mosquitobite
10-04-05, 11:10 AM
Just tell me Teddy is no where in this picture. ;)

Philzilla
10-04-05, 11:31 AM
how bought this, if joe senior didn't use his mafia connections to get jfk elected, and then rfk didn't proceed to prosecute mafia bosses would folks such as carlos marcello decide to take out jfk, especially when rfk dropped investigation of marcello some days after the afore mentioned taking out?

also if jfk wasn't born in time for the television era would anyone care?
what about some love for William McKinley (1901)?James Garfield (1881)?
poor dead non tv pres.

Tracer Bullet
10-04-05, 11:54 AM
This would never work, as Sam can't leap out of his own lifetime.

uberjoe
10-04-05, 12:01 PM
This would never work, as Sam can't leap out of his own lifetime.

Actually, he can. He leaped (lept?) into Al during the 40s, and into his own ancestor during the Civil War.

And as to the original thread topic: If things were different, they would not be the same.

Tommy Ceez
10-04-05, 12:01 PM
Wasnt this a movie?

US never enters WWII, Joe Kennedy is the master of N&S America, Hitler rules Europe, and Hirohito runs asia.

Tracer Bullet
10-04-05, 12:07 PM
Actually, he can. He leaped (lept?) into Al during the 40s, and into his own ancestor during the Civil War.

And as to the original thread topic: If things were different, they would not be the same.

Ah, you're right. Although the leapee has to be a blood relation. That Al leap was just whack, though. Anyway.

uberjoe
10-04-05, 12:20 PM
This thread reminds me of a short story by W.P. Kinsella. I think it was in "The Thrill of the Grass." Basically, an angel (or something) shows up and starts talking to a guy during a baseball game. He tells the guy he has the option of giving up his life so that Thurman Munson can live. The deal seems to be that when someone (important, I think) is about to die, someone else on the planet is given the option of taking their place. The guy says he's amazed that someone didn't gladly replace Kennedy in Dallas, but the angel responds Kennedy was already given his one mulligan with the PT109 sinking.

So, there are some gaps in that, but still. Made me think of it.

Red Dog
10-04-05, 03:29 PM
Wasnt this a movie?

US never enters WWII, Joe Kennedy is the master of N&S America, Hitler rules Europe, and Hirohito runs asia.

Sounds like Fatherland where instead of the USSR/US, you have the US and Germany as the Cold War superpowers.

classicman2
10-04-05, 03:54 PM
Joe Kennedy Jr died in 1944 while serving his country in World War II. With him, the world was forever changed.

1) if Joe Jr had lived, he would have become President of the United States, not JFK.

2) If JFK was not President in the 1960's, he would have worked with his older brother. JFK was no RFK (brother Bobby) - JFK was soft and non-aggressive, while RFK was brass and rude. Brother Bobby could have been the reason JFK had the enemies he had.

3) The father (Joe Sr) would have had his focus on the two eldest brothers (Joe Jr & Jack), therefore Bobby would not have had the opportunities he had in the 60's. I seriously doubt RFK would have been appointed Attorney General - that job may have gone to Jack.

Do you agree?

Not necessarily

A more interesting question - what if Alexander Hamilton hadn't been killed in a duel? ;)

RoyalTea
10-04-05, 03:58 PM
what if Alexander Hamilton hadn't been killed in a duel? ;)well, he wouldn't have been President.

classicman2
10-04-05, 05:03 PM
How do you know?

LurkerDan
10-04-05, 05:27 PM
*meant to say, withOUT
You do know there's an edit button, don't you? :p

RoyalTea
10-04-05, 05:54 PM
How do you know?wasn't he born in the Virgin Islands, thus being ineligible for the office?

Buttmunker
10-06-05, 04:35 PM
You do know there's an edit button, don't you? :p

I know, but you're not allowed to edit your "political posts."

wildcatlh
10-06-05, 05:20 PM
I know, but you're not allowed to edit your "political posts."

You're off... just a bit.

You can edit your own post.

You just can't "fix" other peoples' posts. For example:

I know, but you're not allowed to edit your "political posts.", purple monkey dishwasher

Fixed.

Buttmunker
10-06-05, 05:22 PM
oooooooo

Buttmunker
10-06-05, 05:23 PM
I just purchased the movie TimeQuest - it tells the story of the JFK & RFK assassinations being prevented. Is that the film the post was referring to?

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0