Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Batman Movie Series vs. Batman: The Animated Series (90's)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-05, 06:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Which Batman of the two do you prefer?

Even though Batman: The Animates Series was an animated series, I actually thought it was better than all of the Batman Movies. I mean on every level technically and entertainment wise.

I also prefer the 60's cheeseathon show to the movies.

What is your favorite Batman?
Old 10-04-05, 07:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KEVIN CONROY ALL THE WAY!!!!

Animated Series RULES.....

Except maybe for that new "The Batman", which is THE SUCK
Old 10-04-05, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

90's Animated series all the way. It was the most true interpretation of the charactor outside the comics (and even more true than some of the comics as well)

Last edited by cactusoly; 10-05-05 at 01:51 PM.
Old 10-04-05, 09:43 AM

90's animated series was deffinately better than the movies imo.

btw, Evil, I thought "The Batman" was pretty good as a fresh new take on the Batman franchise but now that they've brought in Batgirl to be his plucky little sidekick I am severly disappointed with the show. I actually cried out "NOOOOOOOOO" a la Darth Vader when I saw that she was being added to the show.
Old 10-04-05, 09:44 AM

Batman:TAS is a masterpiece. Incredibly entertaining and as stated above, the most true interpretation of the character. I do, however, like the new The Batman series. Not great but still nice.
Old 10-04-05, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
BTAS and TNBA but Batman Begins closed that "gap."
Old 10-04-05, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
TAS all the way. I love the Bruce Timm/Paul Dini designs.
Old 10-04-05, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I like the way the TAS adapted some of the early Neal Adams/Denny O'Neil stories such as the first appearance of Ra's Al Ghul.
Old 10-04-05, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

No contest.. the cartoon! I hate comic book stuff but I love this show.
Old 10-04-05, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

BTAS all way! While it surely has its flaws, especially if you watch it now, its mixture of realism and fantastical makes the perfect batman. I'd love for them to "redo" this series down the road with lastest animation, expand the stories outside of cramped 20mins, fix or dump alot episodes that didnt work, do it in timeline, and aim abit more at adults. Not overly realistic like Begins, we have the new franchise for that but enough that someone can get shot if hundreds of bullets are flying around etc. Plus one of Dini and Timm's weakness was failure to not use Penguin and especially Catwoman(the intelligent purple suited dark haired version) to their full potential. I understand they liked their own creation, Harley Quinn best, but there was still room to do just respects for them as well.
Old 10-04-05, 03:25 PM

[QUOTE=Crashnburn]
btw, Evil, I thought "The Batman" was pretty good as a fresh new take on the Batman franchise but now that they've brought in Batgirl to be his plucky little sidekick I am severly disappointed with the show.QUOTE]

Haven't seen it this season. Batgirl huh? I just can't get the past that the show looks like Jackie Chan Adventures.
Old 10-04-05, 04:09 PM
Wag

Batman: The Animated Series, no question about it for me.
Old 10-05-05, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Actually the way they introduced Batgirl made sense (alot more than in that crapfest Batman and Robin) I am also looking forward to the Gotham Knights series coming to DVD because I didn't see too many episodes. I did like that they made Dick Grayson into Nightwing and introduced Tim Drake aas the new Robin.
Old 10-05-05, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 724 Likes on 529 Posts
Originally Posted by Evil
PAUL DINI ALL THE WAY!!!!
Fixed.
Old 10-05-05, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Batman Tas is probably one of the best animated series out there. The only other 2 i can think of that even come close are X-men Tas and Spiderman Tas. But this stuff blows those movies out of the water. Though you can only cram so much batman into a 2 hr movie.
Old 10-05-05, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by devilshalo
Fixed.
Caution there, he has enough of ego already and he's not without his flaws like the rest of us folks.
Old 10-06-05, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 955 Likes on 663 Posts
Originally Posted by madara
BTAS all way! While it surely has its flaws, especially if you watch it now, its mixture of realism and fantastical makes the perfect batman. I'd love for them to "redo" this series down the road with lastest animation, expand the stories outside of cramped 20mins, fix or dump alot episodes that didnt work, do it in timeline, and aim abit more at adults. Not overly realistic like Begins, we have the new franchise for that but enough that someone can get shot if hundreds of bullets are flying around etc. Plus one of Dini and Timm's weakness was failure to not use Penguin and especially Catwoman(the intelligent purple suited dark haired version) to their full potential. I understand they liked their own creation, Harley Quinn best, but there was still room to do just respects for them as well.

Umm....NO. Leave it the way it is. "Outdated animation" and all.

I think this is as close to a perfect "live" adaptation to a comic book as it can get. A supreme TV series and a work of art. The series had some incredible episodes that blow the movies out of the water. I think a lot of them are a lot deeper and well thought out compared with the movies.

Even though I said all that I still enjoy the movies but they are nothing compared to TAS.
Old 10-06-05, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'll take TAS it isn't even particularly close. That show captured the character better than the majority of Batman comics out there in terms of writing and style, too.
Old 10-06-05, 05:49 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The animated series was very good, but I think Tim Burton's two films are the best version of Batman.
Old 10-06-05, 06:23 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Animated series. Was the closest to the comics. Nolan's version is also damn good and while I will always have a soft spot for 'Batman' ('89), after years of the animated series and 'Batman Begin's, I now see just how flawed the Burton films were.