Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Into the Blue, is anyone actually going to see this?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-05, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i was thinking about it, but its not even playing in the two theaters by me. Sure it looks like shit, but hey Jessica Alba in a bikini in the entire movie could make any piece of crap watchable.
Old 09-29-05, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I read a review on Aint-it-Cool that was interesting...It said that the first 80 minutes is pure crap, and then the final 10 minutes takes a complete 180-degree switch and turns into an R-rated Kill fest.
Spoiler:
Jessica Alba running around, hacking off numerous limbs with a machete...causing blood to go into the ocean, attracting sharks...the sharks show up and start ripping people apart, skin being ripped off down to the bone and gnawed away by the sharks.
. Too bad the whole movie wasn't like that, I might see it if it was.
Old 09-29-05, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
From the full-on media blitz and the inclusion of Jessica Alba putting in a "spell-binding performance"..........no, I will not see this film.
Old 09-29-05, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Seantn
I read a review on Aint-it-Cool that was interesting...It said that the first 80 minutes is pure crap, and then the final 10 minutes takes a complete 180-degree switch and turns into an R-rated Kill fest.
Spoiler:
Jessica Alba running around, hacking off numerous limbs with a machete...causing blood to go into the ocean, attracting sharks...the sharks show up and start ripping people apart, skin being ripped off down to the bone and gnawed away by the sharks.
. Too bad the whole movie wasn't like that, I might see it if it was.
If that spoiler is correct, I will see the film just based on those last ten minutes. However, it's PG-13. They can't pull that shit off in a PG-13... can they?!?
Old 09-29-05, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 09-29-05, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If that spoiler is correct, I will see the film just based on those last ten minutes. However, it's PG-13. They can't pull that shit off in a PG-13... can they?!?
That is mentioned in the review. They said that it is as if the MPAA turned off the movie before it was over because they got so bored with it, and then the violence started up at the end.
Old 09-29-05, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This will be a DVD purchase.
Old 09-29-05, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm there.
Old 09-29-05, 08:20 PM
Banned

hmmmm...maybe.
Old 09-29-05, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I've liked a couple of John Stockwell's previous films - so I'll probably see it.
Old 09-29-05, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

i am gonna see it, looks good to me, Plus Jessica alba , underwater stuff looks amazing.
Old 09-29-05, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It was Fast N Furious on water.

Yes, the action steps up toward the end... but it was still a crap-fest.
Old 09-29-05, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
Saw it tonight. STAY AWAY! THIS MOVIE IS PURE CRAP!!!

Now, nothing irritates me more than when someone says a movie is crap and gives no reasoning for that conclusion. Therefore, I shall provide explanations and if you can't come to a conclusion from them that the movie is crap, then by all means, spend your money, which I did not (free screening).

SPOILER ALERT!!!!
Let me say that Jessica Alba does spend a lot of time in a bikini and there are a whole lot of shots of her butt cheeks underwater as the bikini rides up her crack. However, that does not a good movie make. I have no problem with movies that want to just be fluff entertainment and know which direction to take the story to keep it that way. If this movie had been Paul Walker and Jessica Alba finding treasure and fighting bad guys, then this would be a decent movie. However, the bad guys really don't start playing a meaningful role until the movie is almost half over, and by then the movie has marred itself by trying to get too serious for what it is that one cannot truly enjoy the gory fun that ensues. Apparently feeling the need for a Varisty Blues reunion, they have Scott Caan show up as Walker's attorney brother with his girlfriend played by Ashley Scott. Yep, whil she might have a good body, we are forced to sit through scenes where Ms. Scott tries to act, and as anyone who has seen her can attest, she is one of the worst in Hollywood. Anyhoo, bad acting aside, the story seems to have no direction. In fact, it seems like it started as a straight out treasure hunt movie and they decided to throw in the plot of the drug dealers and cocaine plane as a way to have an excuse to kill some bad guys and have some shark attacks while they were at it. On top of all this, they also feel the need to install a morality tale when one of the characters dies and they must re-examine what's important in life and why they have fallen so far. What's interesting is that less than two minutes after we learn the character is dead, they proceed to carry on as if nothing happened, including pithy one liners and all. Finally, I don't know if these characters are supposed to be ancestors of Aquaman or something, but they somehow are able to spend inordinate amounts of time underwater without coming up for air(I only saw one scene where they actually had the oxygen tanks). Not only this, they can perform great stunts as while submerged as well! I can suspend disbelief for a little while, but can only stomach so much.
In terms of the violence, yes, it does have some graphic violence towards the end, and if you like seeing Ashley Scott with half her leg eaten off, then it shown in gory detail! However, as an earlier poster said, it doesn't really kick in until the last ten minutes, and while there are some quite gruesome deaths, I don't see how that could justify plunking down the money to buy the ticket as someone said they would do.

In short, Jessica Alba in a bikini=good scenerey, but not a good movie. Hell, this movie was worse than Flightplan IMO, and that is one of the worst movies I have seen all year.

My advice, save your money and go see something else. Preferably either History of Violence or Serenity. Don't think that giving money to this movie will encourage Alba to take more clothes off, because I have a feeling it won't.
Old 09-29-05, 10:04 PM

I think I'm going to see this tomorrow for a twilight show discount (5$) and then pay full fare for Serenity and A History of Violence later in the evening.
Old 09-29-05, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
Hell yes, i'm going to see this!
Old 09-29-05, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How much do you want to be there well be an unrated dvd?

So the violence is actually graphic as in graphic graphic and not implied? If so,wow...and kickass!

But I'm sure Sony will release an unrated version,lol.

Something tells me this was originally meant to be R rated. I just got that vibe from the trailer and then the PG-13 hits and I didn't expect much from it graphic content wise.
Old 09-29-05, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's on my list of "maybe's" on this weekend.

There is a local theater (40 minutes away) that plays new releases. Matinees are only $2, and full ticket price is a mere $4.

They're also running "Corpse Bride" (as well as three others), so I'm going to run up there and try and catch both "Into the Blue", as well as "Corpse Bride."

[But, no... I'm not expecting much. Let's see: Jessica Alba cannot act. Her being in a bikini means nothing to me in terms of movie quality. Oh, and there's the fact that Paul Walker is in it.

So, not really thinking too much of it as of now.]
Old 09-30-05, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 115 Likes on 102 Posts
:nopics:
Old 09-30-05, 01:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Is this anything like The Big Blue by Luc Besson?
Old 09-30-05, 02:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,101 Likes on 797 Posts

I'll catch this one on DVD, and watch it sometime when I'm... y'know, alone.
Old 09-30-05, 02:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
Saw it tonight. STAY AWAY! THIS MOVIE IS PURE CRAP!!!
Let me say that Jessica Alba does spend a lot of time in a bikini and there are a whole lot of shots of her butt cheeks underwater as the bikini rides up her crack. However, that does not a good movie make.
Actually, that was all I expected out of this lame-looking movie and it provided it in spades. I feel bad for anybody going to see this movie for anything other than the eye-candy, but it delivered eye-candy in spades!!

The first hour (with all the bikinis) was fun. Then the plot stumbled in, boring us to tears. Finally, the last 15 minutes, with all of the violence and 'action' just left us laughing.

Still, I'd rather see this again than rewatch "Flightplan". I just got to remember to turn it off when the people get dressed.
Old 09-30-05, 02:50 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by matome
This will be a DVD purchase.
Nah. I predict a rental here. That way I can stroke in private.
Old 09-30-05, 05:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Seriously...why go see a movie just to see a girl in a bikini? Obviously you have access to the internet, you can find all the pics/videos you want. Besides, wouldnt Jessica Alba in a bikini be more enjoyable in the privacy of your own home?
Old 09-30-05, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by ENDContra
Seriously...why go see a movie just to see a girl in a bikini? Obviously you have access to the internet, you can find all the pics/videos you want. Besides, wouldnt Jessica Alba in a bikini be more enjoyable in the privacy of your own home?
You have a point, but then there is the consideration of having a 20-30 foot tall jessica alba in a bikini vs. maybe 1/10th that at home. I know I am definitely seeing Serenity and A History of Violence tonight, and if I do decide to see this too, I will buy a ticket for Serenity.
Old 09-30-05, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by lucasorion
You have a point, but then there is the consideration of having a 20-30 foot tall jessica alba in a bikini vs. maybe 1/10th that at home. I know I am definitely seeing Serenity and A History of Violence tonight, and if I do decide to see this too, I will buy a ticket for Serenity.

Good man!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.