Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Amazing Race Season 1 misprice at BB B&M (YMMV)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-05, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I was just at BB in Cedar Rapids, IA, and wanted to check the price for "The Amazing Race Season 1" before I ordered it from amazon.com. Lo and behold, I saw that it was marked $15.99! I looked closer and saw that the price sticker on the package said something about rugrats beneath the price. There were two others on the shelf, another marked $15.99 (with rugrats mentioned) and one marked $38.99 (with amazing race mentioned).

I grabbed one of the mispriced items and went to check out. Sure enough, it scanned at $38.99. I said that didn't sound right. The girl looked at it, saw that it was mispriced, called someone from video, and they did a price override for me. She peeled the pricetag off and gave it to the video guy so that he could go fix any others with the misprice, so IF this works anywhere else, it will most likely work only once per store. Both the cashier and the video clerk said that the distribution center had screwed up and put the wrong price on it, which is what led me to believe that there may be others at other stores similarly mispriced. However, there may very well NOT be others at other stores, so I wouldn't make any treks, and for God's sake, don't call the store and ask the price. But if you're there, it is worth checking!
Old 09-28-05, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like a mighty tall "YMMV", but worth checking out.
Old 09-28-05, 02:22 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shoveler I actually had a different question. Do you have any Wal-Marts or K-Marts in your area carrying any of those WB deals. I'm in Iowa City and could only find Lois and Clark. LMK Thanks
Old 09-28-05, 03:47 PM

very big YMMV. No offense to anyone but why would you watch a reality show again and again? Don't get me wrong and I truly respect that you got the DVDs for whatever reasons. BTW, the Amazing Race is the only reality show I watch; but I would still never get it on DVD unless I was in it! Who wants to try out with me?
Old 09-28-05, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by namx
very big YMMV. No offense to anyone but why would you watch a reality show again and again? Don't get me wrong and I truly respect that you got the DVDs for whatever reasons. BTW, the Amazing Race is the only reality show I watch; but I would still never get it on DVD unless I was in it! Who wants to try out with me?
If you want to be on the show I'd suggest buying it for studying material. See what others did wrong and what you can capitalize on.
Old 09-28-05, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by dvd-fanman
If you want to be on the show I'd suggest buying it for studying material. See what others did wrong and what you can capitalize on.
Dude, I already have the strategy down. I don't need to watch it over and over again.
Old 09-30-05, 12:59 PM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If you have a Fry's in your area, check their ad today for The Amazing Race. In San Diego it was $24.99. Pricematching at BB + 10% of the difference allowed me to get it for $23.59 at Best Buy.
Old 09-30-05, 01:16 PM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just saw that Amazon dropped the price on TAR to $24.98.