Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

HD Cable - Audio out of sync, can it be fixed?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-05, 06:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, I was watching LOST last night on ABC HD. I have COMCAST cable and a DVR hooked up through them. Anyways, the HD broadcast of LOST was so out of sync it was unwatchable. Also, Invasion was out of sync too.

I was DVRing the program, but that didn't see to have an effect, since I stopped it and it still did the same thing.

All of my other HD channels were fine...no delay or sync problems. Is there anything I can do or was this hopefully a one time thing.

If LOST is out of sync all season, i'll be pissed.
Old 09-22-05, 07:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I forget where I saw it (AVS, etc.)....but i remember reading a large post somewhere that EVERYONE was having a problem with LOST on ABC.....bad out of sync problems. So, its not just you. :-)

It wasnt the post here in the TV forum, either.... :-)
Old 09-22-05, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks....I started the TV thread too, just figured it might be a hardware issue. Sucks on ABC's part then (or Comcast). I can probably bitch to them and get a free day of service....woohoo...$2 back
Old 09-22-05, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Let me know if you find where you read the out of sync problems.....I would like to read it. Really upset me last night
Old 09-22-05, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sounds like something that would be discussed in the HDTV Programming forum at AVS. I can guarantee there is a thread there on Lost, odds are good they would discuss such a delay.

Some receivers/preamps allow you to adjust delay.
Old 09-26-05, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I noticed my ABC is STILL OUT OF SYNC! Is this Comcast's problem or something else. It's weird. It's JUST the actual show that tends to get out of sync. The commercials on that channel are fine.

I'm upset...I hope they fix this before LOST again on Wednesday. Any ideas what I can do?
Old 09-26-05, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
It's a cable company problem...call them and let them know. When I first got HD, I had the same problem with my INHD channels...called the cable company and they had it corrected within a day.
Old 09-26-05, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks for the reply....I'm going to call Comshaft tonight. I just don't want them to replace my unit, since I have some shows DVR'd on it.

Last edited by DJ_Longfellow; 09-26-05 at 12:27 PM.
Old 09-26-05, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I REALLY hate Comshaft now. They want to send someone out here to check it out....and now they charge for that. I said screw that. I threatened to cancel and they could care less....although the person to cancel accounts was "not in".

What would someone say...yep, audio is off....not sure what we can do. Plus, it only happens between 8-11pm with HD broadcasting.

Any good OTHER cable packages out there? I may switch to Dish or something.
Old 09-26-05, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

They are charging to have someone out now? Is that a regional thing or a company wide directive? What a complete bunch of crap. I have had them come out several times to "fix" my cable modem. Each time I knew it was not needed, but they insisted. If they try that shit with me the next time...buh bye...
Old 09-26-05, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, the best way to "fix" this is to call Comcast and bitch loud and often. Each and every time this happens.

I'm occasionally having this issue with the HD feed for the WB. And Comcast has heard from me more than once.
Old 09-27-05, 05:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Whoa....you get WB-HD? I don't get that yet....damn you Comcast. Well, I guess they charge you if it's YOUR equipment....however, they did not make that clear. However, I saved an e-mail stating that, so I got my butt covered...which is needed with Comcast. I know it's not my equipment, since I read on avsforum.com that people were having issues with ABC-HD in my area. Even some OTA people were having problems, so not sure where the problem is.

I guess I could try switching my Optical cable to the RCA supplied....but that always sucks too.
Old 09-28-05, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My ongoing sage now....I think this may be a WXYZ/ABC problem, not Comcast. Also, now ESPN HD is breaking up....just the audio. However, I did get Comcast to knock off $25 off my bill and free HBO/STARZ for a year That is nice.
Old 09-28-05, 03:50 PM
Cool New Member

I had it happen last night with Gilmore Girls and that was just standard tv from Comcast. It did correct itself.
Old 09-29-05, 05:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, LOST seemed good last night, so maybe WXYZ got it together....I guess I'll cancel my Comcast appointment