Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Dancing with the Stars - Dance Off: Monaco vs. O'Hurley (9/20 & 9/22)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-05, 09:40 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

I just home from a meeting and noticed that no one had started a thread yet... so I'm gonna watch the TiVo and be right back.

Here's the other thread if you wanna catch-up on the backstory:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=425148
Old 09-20-05, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,211 Likes on 2,071 Posts
The shows not over yet, but it seems like every promo for this Dance off talks as if O'Hurley was somehow robbed of the title. I wonder how this will affect the voting.

I never actually watched the show so for all I know he really did get robbed.
Old 09-20-05, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
I heard it was going to be a dance off. I'm thinking it's going to be a half hour show. I go to watch on the TiVo and it one and a half hours. I can't even watch that much filler.
Old 09-20-05, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I pretty much just tune in to see Kelly Monaco in whatever get-up she's in. If O'Hurley didn't have Charlotte, he'd be gone a long time ago in the first go-around of this show.
Old 09-21-05, 01:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Havent seen it yet. Cant believe because of this I had 3 vcrs going along with WB shows, House, and the Office.

I caught the marathon last weekend. When it first aired, O' Hurley was the favorite and Monaco was the underdog, somehow it switched by the end.

Couldve gone either way, the first time. And I know alot about dance (I know nothing)

Actually it would be better as a 3 way with Joey McIntyre in the mix as well since he came in third. (And his partner was so freakin hott...)
Old 09-21-05, 06:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I didn't see this. No interest, as long as I find pics of Monaco (hint, hint).

I am curious to see the ratings. No doubt they will be way down from the summer average.
Old 09-21-05, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Meh. Didn't have the same flare as the competition, and it was annoying how they kept implying that Kelly shouldn't have won before. O'Hurley seemed like a cool guy before, but he was pretty heavy on the "wink, wink, I should have won" stuff, which was a little low class. None of the dances were as good as the finals, and you could tell the judges' bias when they were so forgiving of John dropping Charlotte. At least we got to see some more of Ashly DelGrosso.

das
Old 09-21-05, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
So who ended up winning?
Old 09-21-05, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
If O'Hurley didn't have Charlotte, he'd be gone a long time ago in the first go-around of this show.
How do you figure? While I'm sure there was a certain amount of backleading being done by Charlotte, it's a lot easier for a male professional dancer to lead a female amateur than vice versa. Yes, it was a bit of a mess to be trying to teach championship level patterns to people with no dance experience, but John was by far the best technically. Even by the end Kelly hadn't improved much, and it almost felt like the judges changed their opinion to give the 13 year olds that wanted to be like her what they wanted...