Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 2

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-05, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
World of Warcraft Official Thread - Round 2

To get things started...

What is your policy regarding groups and random world epic drops? I ask because I was summoned to a group in Mara and was told that we would be doing a princess run. When I got there they said they didn't have the staff (I guess I should've asked). Anyway we start doing orange and a Dazzling Longsword (lvl 36, 36dps and pretty crappy proc, I think it was chance to reduce opponent armor by 100) drops. Everyone starts saying g, g, and I come out and tell them that I would be rolling on it anyway as it is a epic world drop and even if the warrior said he "needed" it he probably didn't as he was lvl 51, plus I was pissed at being lied to re: princess. Since no one pressed the greed button yet everyone had a chance to need roll and I came up the winner. One of the rogues starts beeging for it as he never got a world epic drop before and I simply told him no. I sold it at the AH that night for 125g which I consider good as thottbot has it anywhere from 20g to 150g.

What do you think?

Last edited by neiname; 09-14-05 at 03:38 PM.
Old 09-14-05, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I personally hate being in groups with people that I don't really know because it always seems like they "need" something and when you find something you could actually use/want the jerks take it.

I was pretty mad when I logged in on Tuesday and saw that I was still a scout I leveled using only battlegrounds and had well over 1200 honor kills in one week. I know there are more requirements than that, but I was close to making Grunt anyway so I was sure that would push me over the edge. Oh well, next week.
Old 09-14-05, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Jonny2k1
I personally hate being in groups with people that I don't really know because it always seems like they "need" something and when you find something you could actually use/want the jerks take it.

I was pretty mad when I logged in on Tuesday and saw that I was still a scout I leveled using only battlegrounds and had well over 1200 honor kills in one week. I know there are more requirements than that, but I was close to making Grunt anyway so I was sure that would push me over the edge. Oh well, next week.

What lvl are you. You have to look at your honor points and ranking, not just the amount of kills you had. I played the new BG Arathi Basin yesterday and my team won in 7 minutes for a sweet 1350 honor point pickup.
Old 09-14-05, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Now that we have a new thread could someone by chance make a list of the alts and keep it updated? We tried before but could never get it to work layout wise but then I dont know this forum software at all.

As far as rolling Cenarius for horde I am thinking about it. I need to transfer some gold, because I hate starting out with nothing. I have found it extremely tough to make money on horde. I have leveled a shaman to 8 only to hit 8 and spend all my money on training. The only gear I have is what has dropped because I cant afford to buy anything. On alliance I usually have a couple of gold by now.
Old 09-14-05, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by neiname
What lvl are you. You have to look at your honor points and ranking, not just the amount of kills you had. I played the new BG Arathi Basin yesterday and my team won in 7 minutes for a sweet 1350 honor point pickup.
Well, I'm a lvl 42 now, but I got all of those kills while I was a still a 40. I don't remember off the top of my head how many honor points I had, but I think my rank was approximately 775 or something similar. The week previously my rank was around 900. I ran Arathi yesterday and it's nice to have a different objective other than just grabbing a flag.

I'll look when I get home.

Last edited by Jonny2k1; 09-14-05 at 07:33 PM.
Old 09-14-05, 05:07 PM

Rankings are by week basis, is your total kills at 1200? if so then youhave to look at the section 'Last Week' kills, that determines your ranking i believe
Old 09-14-05, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DrunkLastKnight
Rankings are by week basis, is your total kills at 1200? if so then youhave to look at the section 'Last Week' kills, that determines your ranking i believe
No, the 1200 HK's were just for that week, my lifetime HK's are around 2800. I was trying to get the exact numbers but Bloodscalp seems to be down or something because it isn't showing up in the realms list.

So here is my honor screen
Last Week: Honorable Kills - 1151, Honor - 10391, Standing - 735
Lifetime: Honorable Kills - 2857

I know that level is taken into account but it would have been nice to go to the next rank. It's very close though.

Last edited by Jonny2k1; 09-14-05 at 07:25 PM.
Old 09-14-05, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The higher your level the faster you level in the rankings. I'm 58 and am at rank 3 now with only like 1400 total honor kills lifetime. Could be that you are lower so you rank slower
Old 09-14-05, 06:16 PM

It's more of a relation to everyone else that PVP'd during that period. Glassdragon may be on a less active server.

You could get 1000 honor points one week and be ranked 3rd on the server. The next week you could get the same point total but be ranked 3000th on the server. Quite frankly, my brain starts to freeze up when it comes to trying to figure out the formula blizzard uses for rank assignments... what we know for sure is that it's NOT a linear progression akin to the experience levels.
Old 09-14-05, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by neiname
What is your policy regarding groups and random world epic drops?
My policy is need before greed. I have no issue what what you did as no one rolled need. Why should you not get to roll with the others for greed?

On anouther note, one day I will get a good drop... Seems that there are few honest people in pick up groups as I have yet to ever get anything in one. When a gun drops, I pass. Same with anything that is not needed. To bad there are alot of people who see a color and automaticly say that they needed the item.

Example, a preist rolled on scarlet leggings when we were doing the scarlet monistery. I rolled as well, but I rolled a 4 I think. Sad thing is that noone other then me in the party had a problem with this. Hello, Warrior here.. wtf is a preist going to do with mail leggings? At this point if I party up with a pick up group and someone pulls this crap I leave the party... Even if it is not on somthing that I need. If they screwed him, what is going to stop them from screwing me when they get their chance.

Argh... roll for need, roll for greed. Just do it when you are suppost to.
Old 09-14-05, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Crizzar
It's more of a relation to everyone else that PVP'd during that period. Glassdragon may be on a less active server.

You could get 1000 honor points one week and be ranked 3rd on the server. The next week you could get the same point total but be ranked 3000th on the server. Quite frankly, my brain starts to freeze up when it comes to trying to figure out the formula blizzard uses for rank assignments... what we know for sure is that it's NOT a linear progression akin to the experience levels.
I'm not talking about in the server, i'm talking about Rank 3 Seargent. I'm more like ranked 1000 or more on my server
Old 09-14-05, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think what he was trying to say is that the ranks are based according to the other people on your server, so there is no set standing that correlates to rank. It all depends on what the other people on your server do.
Old 09-14-05, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This is what i mean when i say rank 3
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/pvp/flash-rewards/
I am a seargent at rank 3. I don't believe this has anything to do with the server. I read somewhere that the lower the level the slower you go up in rank to get your rank rewards and discounts
sorry, go to ranks

there are 14 ranks, and that's what i'm talking about when i say rank 3. I am probably only ranked 1000 or 2000 on the server. I think you just need more honor kills to go up the next rank at a lower level than you do the higher levels, plus the fact that you tend to pvp less when you are lower levels since that's about all there is to do when you hit around 60

Last edited by glassdragon; 09-14-05 at 08:26 PM.
Old 09-14-05, 08:24 PM

Yeah, it's easy to rank up on a low pop server. I never did BG ever. I'm just a pure old school pvp player. 811 lifetime kills and 21 dishonorable kills (yes, I'm reckless.. and so are the raid groups. :P) and I got rank 3.
Old 09-14-05, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

it is quite possible i am wrong, as i was always under the impression that rank was more based on level than anything, if i am wrong then accept my sincere apology
Old 09-14-05, 09:07 PM

It seems that it's possible for a level 30 to get up to rank 4 as crazy as that may sound. If you up to your accessories quartermaster, they have rank 4 necklaces for level 30's.. but rank 5 bracers start at level 45.

I think it might just be easier to go up in rank as you level up. Since honor points are based on how much damage you did and the rank of the person you killed, it seems logical.
Old 09-14-05, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

on another note, where is this accessories quartermaster for the horde if anyone knows?
Old 09-14-05, 10:21 PM

It's on the third floor up on the west side of orgrimmar.
Old 09-15-05, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

anyone find it impossible to get into av since the last patch?
I've waited over 4 hours and still couldn't get in since the patch.
I guess everyone is doing alteric basin.
Old 09-15-05, 12:32 PM

Wow, what server are you on where things are strange when you can't get into an AV for 4 hours? On Cenarius we've gone 2 weeks without an AV because the horde weren't queuing...

AB is a nice change of pace though. But like WSG, the pick up group has a huge disadvantage.
Old 09-15-05, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by hardcore
Wow, what server are you on where things are strange when you can't get into an AV for 4 hours? On Cenarius we've gone 2 weeks without an AV because the horde weren't queuing...

AB is a nice change of pace though. But like WSG, the pick up group has a huge disadvantage.
I'm on archimonde playing horde.
How can you tell whether it is the horde or alliance that are not queueing up?
Also, why is it that when you click on the NPC to enter AV, the list of av instances (1-4) varies? (I always choose "first available")
Old 09-15-05, 02:34 PM

Well on Cenarius, where the Alliance outnumbers horde 3-1, horde have gotten a bit frustrated with AV. Basically the game will stalemate for a long time, but eventually the horde go to bed, and no one comes into AV to replace them, while there is a continuous stream of Alliance to replace them. There is pretty much always enough Alliance around to start one, so it's sort of assumed that the horde aren't queuing. But a lot of horde have actually said on the realm forums that they weren't queuing because they couldn't win.

The list of AV instances is the number of instances that are currently running. If you choose first available you go into whichever one needs people. I've never seen more than one though.
Old 09-15-05, 02:39 PM

It's the same on my server, Alleria. Horde is outnumbered by about 3:1, and if there's an AV instance up and it goes so long and hordies start to leave to head to bed and get no replacements while alliance never seem to have this problem as they have 3x as many ppl waiting to get in.

About AV. There is no way for you to know how many people are queued up for it, and blizz's queueing system leaves a lot to be desired. How it works is if enough people are queued up for AV, an instance fires up AV1. If it fills up and there are enough people queued up for another instance, AV2 fires up, etc etc. If you sign up for first available, you'll enter an instance with the first available open spot. If your friends are in AV3 for instance, you will want to queue up for AV3 if you want to play with them.
Old 09-15-05, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts
On Draenor the horde doesnt play Av either. I'm looking forward to trying out AB.

as per question in the closed part one thread: yes, i do have the Vexxing cane.
Old 09-15-05, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by hardcore
Well on Cenarius, where the Alliance outnumbers horde 3-1, horde have gotten a bit frustrated with AV. Basically the game will stalemate for a long time, but eventually the horde go to bed, and no one comes into AV to replace them, while there is a continuous stream of Alliance to replace them. There is pretty much always enough Alliance around to start one, so it's sort of assumed that the horde aren't queuing. But a lot of horde have actually said on the realm forums that they weren't queuing because they couldn't win.

The list of AV instances is the number of instances that are currently running. If you choose first available you go into whichever one needs people. I've never seen more than one though.
so if an av is listed it means that there are players currently playing in it?
if none are showing up it means that no one is playing in av?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.