Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Lost - Season 2 Speculation (Countdown to 9/21)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 09-12-05, 08:48 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Man of Science, Man of Faith
Spoiler:
One of the castaways must descend through the mysterious hatchway; Shannon encounters a familiar face in the jungle.
Old 09-12-05, 08:50 PM
Suspended

Figured I'd get this started 9 days in advance so we don't have to decide which thread to talk in .

There are many big spoilers out there, please make sure to spoilerize them if you post them here, I've had a damn hard time avoiding them all summer.
Old 09-12-05, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After watching the entire first season on dvd without ever seeing it live on tv, I haven't decided whether I'm going to wait for season 2 on dvd or watch it via my hdtv. It's hard, on one hand I'm anxious to see what happens. But then again, I can't stand commercials and weeks of reruns. At least HBO shows their 13 usual episodes 13 weeks in a row. Darn you Lost, I was just all but done with network television
Old 09-12-05, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
I'm thinking that the show will have some religious foundation when it is all said and done. Or it will turn out to be the Truman Show on an island with the others being the producers of the show.
Old 09-12-05, 11:36 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looking forward to it. Rewatching on DVD now. Made it through the first 8 episodes today (home with a sinus infection).
Old 09-13-05, 05:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Originally Posted by dsa_shea
I'm thinking that the show will have some religious foundation when it is all said and done. Or it will turn out to be the Truman Show on an island with the others being the producers of the show.
You're probably closer on the religous thing than the Truman Show thing. Just as long as it doesn't turn out to be a dream (bad memories of Bobby Ewing in the shower!) or all in Walt's imagination (really bad memories of the finale of St. Elsewhere), I'll be happy with whatever conclusion JJ Abrams comes up with.
Old 09-13-05, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Keeping in mind that I've only watched 14 episodes of the first season, here's my theory:

Spoiler:
This is all either a dream of, or directly controlled by, the kid. Note that when he was reading a cartoon about polar bears, they showed up. And his step-father in Australia said that weird things happened when he was around (like when he was looking at a picture of a bird in a book, that type of bird then crashed into the window, killing himself).

As for the monster, it's also a creation of the kid.

And I'm thinking that the Lock character is an idealized version of what the kid thinks an Australian hunter should be like, which is how he can suddenly walk again.

This may change once I finish Season 1, which will be this week sometime (I'm trying to limit myself to 2 or 3 episodes per day).
Old 09-13-05, 10:59 AM

Heat, I think that theory may change for you after you get through the last 10 episodes. I know it did for me.

Also, I'm glad I'm not the only other person to watch this in a complete run from the DVD's instead of watchign during the normal season last year. I am also torn on what to do now. Watching all 24 episodes in a row like that was awesome.
Old 09-13-05, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Cannot wait for this season to start. Next Wednesday can't get here fast enough.
Old 09-13-05, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 346 Posts
I'm also re-watching season 1 on DVD now and plan to finish up in time for the season premiere next week. I'm impressed with how much fun this show is on a second go-around!
Old 09-13-05, 02:43 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Bronkster
I'm also re-watching season 1 on DVD now and plan to finish up in time for the season premiere next week. I'm impressed with how much fun this show is on a second go-around!
I'm doing the same. The commentaries are pretty good too.

Heat -
Old 09-13-05, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Since the season premier is not airing for another 8 days, I am going to change this into a general discussion/speculation thread. We can have another thread specifically for the episode the day it airs.

I am sure that once people want to discuss the actual episode, they won't want to wade through 5 pages of "Can't wait!" posts before they get to the actual discussion.
Old 09-13-05, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Originally Posted by Jadzia
Since the season premier is not airing for another 8 days, I am going to change this into a general discussion/speculation thread. We can have another thread specifically for the episode the day it airs.

I am sure that once people want to discuss the actual episode, they won't want to wade through 5 pages of "Can't wait!" posts before they get to the actual discussion.
Thank you.
Old 09-13-05, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Regarding the spoiler in the 1st post.
Spoiler:
One of the castaways must descend through the mysterious hatchway; Shannon encounters a familiar face in the jungle.
Spoiler:

How much do you want to bet that as soon as somebody starts to climb down into the hatch, the episode will end.
Old 09-13-05, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I am realizing how much better this show/story plays out while watching on dvd. THe story seems much more cohesive. I wasn't sure if this show would have a lot of replay value, but I have been so pleased to find out it does. Once I start the disc, I find it hard to pause until the disc stops. That being said, I am eagerly awaiting the new season.

Will we finally see Rose's husband?
Old 09-13-05, 03:39 PM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts
more kate is always good.
and the show's not bad either.
Old 09-13-05, 04:08 PM
Retired

Originally Posted by cdoug57
I am realizing how much better this show/story plays out while watching on dvd. THe story seems much more cohesive. I wasn't sure if this show would have a lot of replay value, but I have been so pleased to find out it does. Once I start the disc, I find it hard to pause until the disc stops. That being said, I am eagerly awaiting the new season.
I agree.

Though I've only watched the first 8 episodes on DVD so far so I haven't got to the part where I started to get frustrated with the plot spinning its wheels yet.
Old 09-13-05, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Religion? Try nanotech.
Old 09-13-05, 04:37 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tazwolff
Religion? Try nanotech.
Nanotech is soooo last June.
Old 09-13-05, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Is that the new iPod?
Old 09-13-05, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
The religion is they way Im swinging. My feeling is that either this is a game between God and Satan to take people whose lives are on the edge and put them in a situation where they can make decisions (that will decide where there spiritual will continue - heaven or hell) outside of the chaos of the real world. These forces may be represented by characters on the show or just simply be outside observers. Or second that the rest of the world is being destroyed while these people are on this island and this is God's way of recreating the human race by starting over with just a few (like an island version of Noah's Ark). The humans that show theyre strength will someday make it back to the "real" world and begin the rebuilding process. Having some divine intervention is the only way that these people could have survived this plane crash unless this is all in the boy's head as mentioned before.
Old 09-13-05, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by boogieman03
Regarding the spoiler in the 1st post.
Spoiler:
How much do you want to bet that as soon as somebody starts to climb down into the hatch, the episode will end.
Spoiler:
Knowing the writers, I'd guess we'll one rung per episode.
Old 09-13-05, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Originally Posted by aktick
Nanotech is soooo last June.
Alright then, Rambaldi is behind it all.
Old 09-13-05, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
I'm guessing "Man Of Science, Man Of Faith" is referring to Jack and Locke, since they had a discussion using those exact terms in last season's finale. Probably a fight between the two over who gets to go down the hatch.
Old 09-13-05, 10:03 PM
Retired

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
(like an island version of Noah's Ark). The humans that show theyre strength will someday make it back to the "real" world and begin the rebuilding process.
I don't think that's plausible as it seems like most of the characters are sinners. If it was a Noah situation God would have had the "good" people survive.

So buy this logic the purgatory idea is more plausible. But the producers shot that down. Then again, of course they'll shoot down anything. It's not like they're going to say "that's it, that's exactly what you'll find out in season _______."

Always annoys me when people stop considering possibilities because the producers/writers of said show shot the idea down in an interview. Of course they shot it down! What else are they going to do?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.