Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

starting at 7:59 - ending at 9:03(anti-tivo time)...will this year be different?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

starting at 7:59 - ending at 9:03(anti-tivo time)...will this year be different?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-05, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm loading in all the new shows I want to check out into my tivos and I'm beginning to wonder - will the networks screw around with time scheduling again like they did last year? last year was a bit of a pain when you wanted to watch a large variety of shows on a certain day and couldn't really get everything you wanted due to the fact that some of them started early/ended late and caused conflicts on tivos/dvrs for people that have them. do you think this year will be better/worse when it comes to this?
Old 09-09-05, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I could swear that I read an article a few months ago saying that NBC at least was abandoning their minute early/minute late ways. Let me see if I can find it.

Edit: Found it. NBC returning TV shows to regular start/end times

Let's see if it holds true. IIRC, NBC was the biggest offender last season.

Last edited by Morf; 09-09-05 at 11:38 AM.
Old 09-09-05, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Good to hear. That crap was a killer on shows that overlapped. Just got a dual tuner HD DVR box from the cable company over the weekend though, so I think I could work around it this year.
Old 09-09-05, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
cool. I hope this does hold true.
Old 09-09-05, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Lost was a big offender of this. At least I'll be Tivo'ing Invasion so it won't make a difference, but still.
Old 09-09-05, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
What's worse is when you miss the second half of RockStar because King of Queens is scheduled. Fuck you CBS.
Old 09-09-05, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Good to hear. That crap was a killer on shows that overlapped. Just got a dual tuner HD DVR box from the cable company over the weekend though, so I think I could work around it this year.
SA8300HD?

Sweet ass box, I just switched to cable a few months ago and that reciever rocks.
Old 09-09-05, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you think they do this to screw us up on changing channels??? It seems like a good idea from their standpoint. Bastards! It did make dvr'ing lost a pain in the a**.