Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Your thoughts on Hiding Out...

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 09-07-05, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got done watching the movie and I was just curious what you guys thought of it. I know it's an older movie, 1987, but I recently went on a search and I looked all around my city and could not find a single copy. So I finally ordered it from Amazon.

I remember seeing the just a part of the movie when I was real young on TV one time before I went to school. And I was so interested in it I watched for it to come on again and It did and I watched it and I have been in love with the movie ever since. I woke up last week and thought, of all the DVDs I owned I couldn't believe that I didn't own this one yet.

Ever since I first saw the movie I have loved Jon Cryer. I think his performance in this movie was amazing and it was an all together a pretty good movie.

While I was in High School when I got caught leaving campus, we had closed campus lunch, when they asked for my name I would give the alias Maxwell Hauser and it never came back to me and I never got into any trouble. I still use the name anytime I go somewhere and they ask for my name, like at Starbucks or CiCis ect.

Anyway I was just curious if anybody else had anything to say about this movie.

Last edited by RagingBull80; 09-07-05 at 01:47 AM.
Old 09-07-05, 04:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,093 Likes on 790 Posts
The only thing noteworthy about the film is the Roy Orbison and k.d. lang duet of "Crying" on the soundtrack.
Old 09-07-05, 05:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like and really miss those type of 80's movies myself. I remember seeing that movie myself in the theater... Another favorite of that era is Patrick Demsey in Can't Buy Me Love.
Old 09-07-05, 08:30 AM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
In defiance of all reason and intellect, I do love it...I've come *this* close to breaking down and ordering it...if it was easily found in retail stores, I'm sure I'd have it by now...

"...and here's me, way the fuck over here!"
Old 09-07-05, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,187 Likes on 2,055 Posts
It's one of those movies that I will (for some strange reason) watch every time I catch it on TV, but I would never buy it on DVD. I don't know why...I guess I'd just never go out of my way to watch it.
Old 09-07-05, 04:36 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
I think I've discovered the secret appeal to the film for me; it's co-written by a STAR TREK scribe (Joe Menosky)!
Old 09-07-05, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've always like this movie too. I use to have it on tape (taped from cable) years ago, but have no idea where that is anymore.
Old 09-07-05, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts
I remember greedily snapping this up at the movie place in the mall when I saw it had been released. I've loved Jon Cryer ever since Duckie's lip-sync/dance for Molly Ringwald in Pretty In Pink.

But honestly, the best thing I loved about Hiding Out...Annabeth Gish. She's so cute. So.....girlfriend material, ya know? Does that make sense?

Worst thing about Hiding Out...Jon's fake beard/mustache at the beginning of the movie. He barely moved his lips while delivering his lines, probably for fear the damn thing would fall off!
Old 09-07-05, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I see this movie kinda as Just One of the Guys without the boobs. I'll watch it if it's on cable.