Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: Guatemala *Season Premiere* "Big Trek, Big Trouble, Big Surprise" - 9/15/05

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor: Guatemala *Season Premiere* "Big Trek, Big Trouble, Big Surprise" - 9/15/05

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-05, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hidden deep in the rainforest of Central America, stand the ruins of an ancient civilization that once prospered and then vanished. These were the Maya people and this is the country of Guatemala. These stunning cities of the past stand as clues to a mystery thousands of years old. 18 Survivors will be marooned within this mysterious and rugged terrain. For the first time, the castaways will actually live within the ruins of a vanished civilization and they will be forced to embrace the ancient Maya lifestyle. Join us this fall as the adventure continues with Survivor: Guatemala, The Maya Empire.

Standing: Danni Boatwright, Rafe Judkins, Amy O'Hara, Gary Hogeboom, Lydia Morales, Brandon Bellinger, Brian Corridan, Brooke Struck, Blake Towsley, Morgan McDevitt.
Kneeling: Judd Sergeant, Jim Lynch, Margaret Bobonich, Jamie Newton, Cindy Hall, Brianna Varela.

Old Survivor: Guatemala pre-season thread

Okay, I know it's a bit early for the first Survivor thread but I thought it might be fun to start off the season with a little contest. Below are pics of the new contestants for Survivor: Guatemala. Choose which one you think will be the "Sole Survivor" based on these pics and the bios at: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor11/

I'll bump this thread at the end of the season and we'll see who guessed right. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do not post any spoilers for the upcoming season in this thread. If your brother's-girlfriend's-grandpa's-next-door-neighbor works for CBS and he/she/it told you who won, please keep it to yourself. Only make a guess if it really is a guess. If you really must post a spoiler, please use spoiler tags.

Spoiler:
Thank you!

Remember, the vast majority of the people on this forum who watch Survivor want to be surprised. Don't ruin anything for them.

Off my soapbox and the contestants for this season are:

Blake

Brandon

Brooke

Cindy

Danni

Jim

Judd

Margaret

Amy

Brian

Brianna

Gary

Jamie

Lydia

Morgan

Rafe

You can post your guesses in this thread up until the season premiere, Thursday, September 15 at 8 PM.

Last edited by automator; 09-06-05 at 03:06 PM.
Old 09-06-05, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Go Morgan! While I think Brooke is actually the hottest of the ladies Morgan live(s/ed) about 45 minutes away from me. So I gotta go with the Central Illinois girl. Also Brandon seems to have the neriest hobbies so I'll root for him aswell.
Old 09-06-05, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Danni
Old 09-06-05, 03:34 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
You've all seen the promos that say "This time there won't be one twist...there'll be two!"

EW speculates that the twist will be this:
Spoiler:
Since there are only 16 contestants listed, and Survivor usually has 18, there will probably be two more added in. Perhaps Stephenie and Bobby Jon from last season? This is conjecture only.
Old 09-06-05, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Groucho
You've all seen the promos that say "This time there won't be one twist...there'll be two!"

Spoiler:
Since there are only 16 contestants listed, and Survivor usually has 18, there will probably be two more added in. Perhaps Stephenie and Bobby Jon from last season? This is conjecture only.
No Survivor expert here, but
Spoiler:
Weren't there 2 people eliminated the first day last season in some school-yard, round-robin pick-em? Maybe them. Though I wouldn't mind seeing Steph back in it though she'd be a huge target probably.
Old 09-06-05, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by pinata242
No Survivor expert here, but
Spoiler:
Weren't there 2 people eliminated the first day last season in some school-yard, round-robin pick-em? Maybe them.
God, I hope not.
Old 09-06-05, 03:52 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
God, I hope not.
Not Wanda! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-06-05, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Not even an hour after I posted the thread and we already have a possible spoiler with no spoiler tags. Way to go, Goldberg74.
Old 09-06-05, 05:17 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Spoiler:
As I predicted in the previous thread, CBS ran a promo during Big Brother on Saturday that basically spoiled that
Spoiler:
two "past Survivor favorites" would be returning to the game. They only had silouettes of their heads, but it looked like one man and one woman. So much for the big secret, I guess.
Old 09-06-05, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Survivor' runner-up arrested for DUI

MERCED, Calif. (AP) - Katie Gallagher, a contestant on the CBS reality television show Survivor: Palau, was arrested for drunken driving in her hometown.

Gallagher was held overnight and released Thursday morning, said Merced County sheriff's department Sgt. Scott Dover. Her next court appearance was set for Oct. 31.

Gallagher took home $100,000 in prize money after finishing second on Survivor. The former radio advertising representative spent 39 days on Palau, located about 850 kilometres southeast of the Philippines in the South Pacific.

More than 20.3 million people tuned in for the final episode, which aired May 15.
Old 09-06-05, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DRG
As I predicted in the previous thread, CBS ran a promo during Big Brother on Saturday that basically spoiled that
Spoiler:
two "past Survivor favorites" would be returning to the game. They only had silouettes of their heads, but it looked like one man and one woman. So much for the big secret, I guess.

Spoiler:
Rumor has been on the web for a very long time now that Stephanie and Bobby Jon will be in this season in some capacity. While I won't mind looking at Steph again, I really don't understand why they have been brought back. People keep saying how they were kinda cheated, being on a loser team...but it's not like either of them really contributed to challenges. Even when it came down to them 2 on 2 vs the other tribe and then with Steph in individual challenges after the merge...they got their ass handed to them soundly. Favorable editing combined with good looks is the only reason they are popular...certainly not for their lackluster Survivor skills or gameplay
Old 09-07-05, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by automator
Okay, I know it's a bit early for the first Survivor thread but I thought it might be fun to start off the season with a little contest. Below are pics of the new contestants for Survivor: Guatemala. Choose which one you think will be the "Sole Survivor" based on these pics and the bios at: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor11/
My wild guess is:

Brooke

Old 09-07-05, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
My wife is from Guatemala and we both visited these ruins. We're excited about this upcoming season and can't wait until next Thursday.
Old 09-11-05, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
So who is getting excited about this series starting (again) this Thursday? This show, 24, and Lost are all must see shows this upcoming season.
Old 09-11-05, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My guess about this twist mentioned in the commercial:

Spoiler:
The two "coming back" may not play as traditional contestants in the game, but rather be tribe leaders or have some other (new) role in each camp. If they were regular contestants, there is a reasonable chance they'll be voted off sooner. Plus it may add some new dynamic to the game. They will choose their teams and serve as tribal head. Just a guess though.

Last edited by BlackCapTen; 09-11-05 at 11:09 PM.
Old 09-15-05, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This is on tonight at 8 pm! Don't forget!
Old 09-15-05, 01:12 PM

Spoiler:
Based on the sillouettes shown in the promos, I guessed that the contestant on the left was "Cappy"
Old 09-15-05, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
Cindy is my early guess for the winner.
Old 09-15-05, 01:42 PM

Spoiler:
Based on the sillouettes shown in the promos, I guessed that the contestant on the left was "Cappy"
Groucho -
Spoiler:
The sillouette was too tall next to the chick! Now, if it only showed the top part of the head, then I'd second guess. Unless he's standing next to Charla?

Last edited by mounds37; 09-15-05 at 01:45 PM.
Old 09-15-05, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'll guess Brandon. He looks like a guy I used to date!
Old 09-15-05, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
Go Danni!

I hope the surprise isn't what the major rumor has suggested.
Old 09-15-05, 02:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Most of the guys look like tools this season...so I'll go with Cindy as my winner.
Old 09-15-05, 03:18 PM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Spoiler:
the woamn's silhouette definitely looks like steph from last season. the man's appeared to have a shaved head
Old 09-15-05, 07:05 PM

oh yeah.....now that is a surprise

Spoiler:
You go Steph!
Old 09-15-05, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Looks like the rumors were correct about the 2 mystery survivors. What's interesting is that:

Spoiler:
Bobby Jon and Stephenie are split off to one of each of the tribes, and they are fully playing the game with the rest of the new cast. They are getting a do-over, a second chance in the game, unfortunately, most of the new cast know of them already, so they are known quantities and could simply get the boot the first them their respective tribes go to tribal council.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.