Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Azumi 2 - R2 JP (English Subs)

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-05, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like this is coming out this month, and it will have english subtitles.
http://www.dvdasian.com/cgi-bin/dvdasian/19375.html
The R3 Korean disc has been out for a while and it only has Japanese and Korean subs.

Can anyone find a link to this on Amazon.co.jp?

edit: I think I found it here:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/...521807-1985863
But the cover is different, and it says it is a 2 disc set, whereas the DVDAsian page doesn't say. That makes me wonder if they are releasing both 1 disc and 2 disc versions.

edit again: Nevermind that second link is for the 'making of' disc that was released on 2/05.

Last edited by flashburn; 09-05-05 at 08:05 PM.
Old 09-05-05, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Isn't there a Thai disc with English subs? I was let down that the Korean disc didn't have English. Japanese discs are a little pricey for me.
Old 09-06-05, 05:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

There's a Thai release for the first movie, but I'm not aware of a release yet for the 2nd one. Also, the UK R2 release from Optimum is scheduled for the latter half of October (about a month after the Japan R2 release).
Old 09-06-05, 06:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by flixtime
There's a Thai release for the first movie, but I'm not aware of a release yet for the 2nd one. Also, the UK R2 release from Optimum is scheduled for the latter half of October (about a month after the Japan R2 release).
Sweet. Normally I would prefer to just get the release with DTS, but as I don't really expect too much from this one, I'd rather get the cheaper release.
Old 09-24-05, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

URGENT! URGENT!

If anyone - like me - had the Japanese release pre-ordered, I just noticed that a number of sites have now removed the listing for English subtitles and are listing it as Japanese subtitles only. So you might want to get a quick cancel in on your pre-orders as it should ship any day now. I hate when this happens. Is it really that difficult for manufacturers/publishers to get the right specs out to both their retailers and end-consumers. Looks like I'll have to fall back on the R2 coming next month.
Old 09-25-05, 04:15 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yep. No english subs on the Japanese disc.
Old 09-26-05, 01:52 AM

Yeah, yesasia emailed me last week and let me know about the absent english subs on the japanese disc. So I just emailed them back and had them cancel it out of my order. Yesasia's good about notifying their customers about stuff like this. Plus, any inaction on my part would have result in a cancellation too.
Old 09-26-05, 02:39 AM

yep - the licensees from other countries seem to have managed to get them to remove subs from the R2 J - so theres a UK disc soon, if i remember corretly :

17th october 2005 :

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=s...2&title=659079

no sign of any other edition of this coming along, so this looks like a good option.
Old 10-07-05, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

"Azumi 2" R2 UK release now up at CD-WOW priced at $25.95 (after discount link and not including the $2 off DVDTalk voucher). Not sure yet if I'll pick it up via CD-WOW or go elsewhere and combine its shipping with "Vengeance is Mine" and "Born to Fight" which are also seeing UK releases a week later.
Old 10-07-05, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

sorry about this but what is/where is the dvdtalk voucher?
Old 10-07-05, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Geoff first advertised it on the homepage about 6 weeks ago. You can find it now by clicking the "Coupon" tab at the top of the page; it's right there at the top of the section. Just enter your e-mail address and the $2 voucher is sent immediately to your e-mail. It is a unique code so it is 1-time use only and if you try and enter the same e-mail again, you will get a code but it will be the same one and will read as "already used" or something to that effect when you try to place an order. You can however use a different e-mail address and get another unique voucher which you can use.

CD-WOW is more vigilant now when it comes to not permitting the use of both the discount link and a voucher. Some have placed orders using this combined method to find that they will be cancelled at a later date. However, I did successfully combine the discount link and DVDTALK voucher some time back and had no issue.

Maybe Geoff should run the CD-WOW voucher info. again on the homepage or as a sticky at the top of this forum. It looks like a number of people missed it the first time 'round.
Old 10-07-05, 10:38 AM
Banned

also found there

with Subtitles: Japanese, Korean

http://www.shrimpcdgulf.com.tw/produ...03&language=en
Old 10-07-05, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Welcome to the forum new member shrimXXXXX!

While many of us here are always interested in hearing about a new seller out there, Geoff - the site owner - frowns upon such blatant self-promotion (or spam, if you will). I'd recommend you delete your post in this discussion as well as your thread in the Store Forum, and then contact Geoff directly (via the "advertise" tab) at the top of this site. Geoff seems to be a reasonable fellow and I'm sure - if you have a legitimate and quality site - you two could work out some sort of advertising deal that would be of benefit to all parties involved. You seem aware that this site is a good source of potential future customers so do consider doing things the right way by contacting Geoff and striking a deal of some sort first (otherwise you will be banned from this forum as spam is a violation of the membership rules). Many e-tailers seem to have benefitted by working with Geoff, please consider doing the same.
Old 10-07-05, 12:03 PM
X
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
And by spamming instead of advertising, his site's name won't show up here again. So it's really counterproductive.