Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Starship Troopers PC game

This is an answer to my prayers!

Here is the official site www.starshiptroopersgame.com

You can go to gametrailers to view the gametrailers

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1266

To download the demo (it came out yesterday) go here:

http://www.justpressplay.net/viewdownload.php?id=109

this is not exactly fast, but its one of the faster sites to download this demo.

The game comes out it November I believe, and I think it could be a winner!

Impressions?
Old 09-02-05, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Caper Van Dien endorsement sold me.
Old 09-03-05, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Hope it's good - been waiting for a long time.
Old 09-04-05, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Played demo for 15 minutes or so. How the heck do you lay the mines and where after you get them from the crashed shuttle?

What little I have played I would say this game is ok but not great. I will hold my final thoughts until I figure out the mine thing and play a little more.

Last edited by Ketamine; 09-04-05 at 03:48 PM.
Old 09-05-05, 03:39 PM

Come on guys. I find it hard to believe that nobody else has played this demo. Tell me how to lay the mines at the crashed shuttle.
Old 09-05-05, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Is this game using the Halo engine? they look really similar.

Otherwise...this seems interesting, but I can see how the game could get really repetitive really really fast.
Old 09-05-05, 04:35 PM

I figured it out that you don't lay the mines right away. There is a swam of bugs that need to be killed before you lay the mines. There is a super shotgun near the back of the map that will get you through the swam, Don't pick up the mines until after you get the shotgun and kill the first wave of bugs. Then get the mines and head back to camp. Then it is easy to place the mines. The game locked up on me a little past that (my computer was new and near top-of-the-line 6 months ago) so haven't seen much else of the game. Looks fun but the speed is a little slow and the physics are weak compared to games like HL2. Also can't do much with the environment (example you can't shoot your teammates). Again, ok game from what I have played but it did crash on me and physics are disappointing.
Old 09-05-05, 08:29 PM

I guess I am the only one trying out this demo. Played it again after it crashed and finished the demo. Pretty short but I think it does give you a feel for the game. Again, the game was ok and it does try to tie in the original movie with cut scenes and in game action from the movie.

My biggest problem other than what I posted above is that it doesn't feel like the other soldiers really are involved in this game. Everything seems scripted with no input from what you do. No matter how well or poorly you play, your soldiers are going to kill x amount of bugs and then get killed the same way every time. This is in contrast to HL2 where your "friends" were competent fighters, but if you didn't help then they die off fairly quickly. If you protect them, they will live and continue to fight with you. I don't think that is the case with this game.

From this demo, I will not be buying this game. Would love to hear what others think about the demo. I loved the movie and think this is on the right track; it just doesn’t quiet get it right.
Old 09-05-05, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You know, I had a lot more fun with the Starship Troopers mod for HL2.
Old 09-05-05, 11:05 PM

You have a link?
Old 08-13-07, 11:38 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Did anyone ever actually buy this game? I just saw it in a bundle pack w/ First to Fight http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000JX1KGQ/ and thought I'd check here for reviews/opinions.
Old 08-13-07, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I bought it and beat it! I hardly ever finish games but felt the need to complete this one. If you're a fan of the movie I think you'll enjoy this. It's certainly no Gears Of War/Resistance but I was entertained by it.

You can probably find it for a cheap price and thats make it even more worth getting.
Old 08-13-07, 05:02 PM

this game looks good, honesty this movie gets a horrible wrap. i mean i know its diffrent from the book but if your into action and pwnage than its great.
Old 08-14-07, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I bought and really enjoyed it until the last stage. I couldn't beat it without using cheats. The game was insanely difficult at the very end.