Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

UGH... Dukes of Hazzard 2!!!??

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 08-31-05, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From IMDB:

The 'Dukes' Head for London

The producers of hit summer blockbuster The Dukes Of Hazzard are planning to set the sequel in London. Jessica Simpson, who played sexy Daisy Duke in the movie adaptation of the hit TV show, reveals she can't wait to get back in character, especially if the film crosses the Atlantic. She tells website SkyNews.com, "They would be lost in London. I think Daisy and those crazy boys will have a great time in the UK."

Does anyone have any other sources for this? What on earth is Hollywood thinking??? I looked over at Skynews.com and can't seem to verify this story that IMDB is quoting... let's hope it's bogus!

Last edited by Flynn; 08-31-05 at 01:01 AM.
Old 08-31-05, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
First of all, you are surprised that Hollywood is making poor choices? Were you born yesterday?

Second, IMDB's rumor page is about as reliable as the Weekly World News. And I can't even get a connection to anything at skynews.com.
Old 08-31-05, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OMG!!11 THEY'RE MAKING FILMS I DON'T LIKE?!?!! HOW DARE THEY!?!?!

If the franchise turns a profit, expect a sequel. I don't see why it's so hard to follow that logic?
Old 08-31-05, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'll see it. I'm a sucker for Broken Lizard (even if these don't officially receive that tag).

-JP
Old 08-31-05, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,093 Posts
Oh my god, dvdtalk has so many snobs!

So what they're making a sequel. You don't have to see it. Anyway, the 1st one was decent so the next one may be fun too.
Old 08-31-05, 01:32 AM
Premium Member

Received 676 Likes on 456 Posts
I'm open to seeing it...

What part of blockbuster in your post would make you think this is unlikely? Sheesh.
Old 08-31-05, 07:44 AM
Banned

Gotta go with the original post writer here. This is, by far (except maybe "Garfield 2"), the worst idea for a sequel (or movie, period) I've heard in quite some time. And I actually LIKE Johnny Knoxville (but mostly as a Jackass; he's not a great actor, but not awful either). But that dude from American Pie just licks. We won't even talk about Jessica Simpson.
Old 08-31-05, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts
Originally Posted by zombiezilla
But that dude from American Pie just licks.
Pardon my ignorance, but is this a good thing or a bad thing?
Old 08-31-05, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by zombiezilla
But that dude from American Pie just licks the a$$ crack of sucky movies.

fixed

Old 08-31-05, 09:18 AM
Banned

That's very typical for the movie industry. making sequels from terrible movies, and wasting millions, and millions of dollars. And they are wondering why the box office sales are rapidly declining, losing business.
Old 08-31-05, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: A secret rebel stronghold in the Republic of San Marcos
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
They ought to have them face off aginst the Fantastic Four.

Then watch half of DVDTalk's heads explode.
Old 08-31-05, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
People wonder why the box office receipts are down from last year. Start making good movies or atleast make an original movie! This is why I don't go to the movies anymore, most are utter crap. They are marketed toward teenagers and college aged kids with alot of action and alot of special effects. Those movies draw zero interest in me to see them. Oh, well we still have the classics from the past.
Old 08-31-05, 10:15 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
From the title of this thread, I figured the original poster was upset over any Dukes sequel being made. But from the text of his post, it's not clear whether it's over that or the fact/rumor that it will be set IN LONDON!!!
Old 08-31-05, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,606 Likes on 1,005 Posts
Cool. My wife and I loved the current version and I'm all for a sequel!
Old 08-31-05, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Of course, had I posted a thread like "UGH.. X-Man 3" or "UGH.. Spider-Man 3" I'd have been brutalized by the net nerds.
Funny how that works out.
Old 08-31-05, 11:20 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by coli
Oh, well we still have the classics from the past.
They made crap back then too.
Old 08-31-05, 12:25 PM
Banned

Thanks for the fix, raven56706. You nailed it exactly right!
Old 08-31-05, 12:27 PM

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts
Not surprised. The first one has done decent at the BO to warrant a sequel.
Old 08-31-05, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
Of course, had I posted a thread like "UGH.. X-Man 3" or "UGH.. Spider-Man 3" I'd have been brutalized by the net nerds.
Funny how that works out.
That's exactly how it should work out. It makes sense. Most of the people on this board liked/loved the X-Men and Spider-Man movies. As far as I can tell, a LOT of people (here and beyond) didn't like/hated Dukes Of Hazzard.

Whatever.

K
Old 08-31-05, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by coli
People wonder why the box office receipts are down from last year. Start making good movies or atleast make an original movie! This is why I don't go to the movies anymore, most are utter crap. They are marketed toward teenagers and college aged kids with alot of action and alot of special effects. Those movies draw zero interest in me to see them. Oh, well we still have the classics from the past.
Stop downloading movies. Obviously that's the number one reason no one goes to the movies. Stop taking money from those hardworking writers who came up with a plot like this.

Old 08-31-05, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The first did ok at the box office, so a sequel seems appropriate.
Old 08-31-05, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm sure the film is 'hip' to bash. Yet I suspect there are plenty of 'closet' Dukes fans out there to scared to admit to liking something others didn't.

For example,a friend of mine keeps hearing from all his cowokers how much the Dukes 'sucks'. I am the only one he knows that liked it,or at least admitted to liking it!

I thought the film was just good fun,and am all for a sequel if made.

Now when Spiderman 3 is announced. I want someone to start an "Oh know they are making Spiderman 3!" thread

"A guy in a spider costume with spider senses? How stupid and unrealistic!"
Old 08-31-05, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The Spider-Man movies are better than Dukes Of Hazzard, but realism isn't the only (or main) reason. That being said, I actually liked some of the movie myself. Unfortunately, I had to sit through a lot of unfunny, boring, drivel to get to the parts that amused me. And I had to deal with Jessica Simpson. The movie would have probably made an excellent extended SNL skit, which to me, is what it was, only much longer and, of course, including some of the unfunny stuff most SNL skits seem to be required to contain.

Now, as far as a sequel, I'd probably go see it if I was bored and a friend wanted to go. The girl I went with loved it, even saw it a second time. I wouldn't go out of my way to see it twice. Let alone pay for it twice. But I might sit thru a sequel if there was nothing better to do, and there usually isn't.

K
Old 08-31-05, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SINGLE104
If post-production is currently in the making for another Spiderman sequel, then hopefully the casting directer will select a more mature looking actor for the leading role. Tobey Maguire facial features appears to look too inmature, boyish, even though he's an adult to be cast as Spiderman. In my opinion, an older looking actor will look more suitable.
My aspect of this movie was like viewing Spiderboy, rather than Spiderman. This was my only opposition in relating to this movie.
I'm so confused. If they were in post-production (editing, animating, scoring, etc) they should recast? How would they do that exactly?

And, have you ever read the Spiderman comics? He's A Kid! How about that! He's not supposed to be an adult.

Last edited by FinkPish; 08-31-05 at 05:02 PM.
Old 08-31-05, 05:05 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, it's about ****in' time!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.