Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

"The Best of Mandy Moore" - A Masterpiece!

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 08-29-05, 11:55 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, just when you thought life couldn't get any better, a friend gives you the news that Mandy Moores' greatest hits album is already in stores. Now, I must alert you that this CD is really the definitive best of her work, not like the shoddy Hilary Duff CD thats out currently.

It also has her amazing cover of 'Top of the World', and the cover of Carole Kings' I Feel the Earth Move! Rejoice!

CD comes along with a DVD for videos of most tracks.

This also has that amazing song from 'A Walk to remember' called "only hope" - the one she sings at the school play as the guy (Shane West) falls at her feet and slobbers. What a classy song.
Old 08-29-05, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do we really need one Moore thread where you discuss her new album(s)?
Old 08-29-05, 12:07 PM
Banned

But this one is her newest. Lets focus on this subject in this thread.
Old 08-29-05, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

But this one is her newest. Lets focus on this subject in this thread.
Originally Posted by Cottington
Wow, just when you thought life couldn't get any better, a friend gives you the news that Mandy Moores' greatest hits album is already in stores.

You are aware that it came out 10 months ago, aren't you?

The "albums" currently on the store shelves have probably been there almost that long.
Old 08-29-05, 12:38 PM
Banned

No I am not aware that its been out THAT long, I thought a few months max. Anyway, this is infinitely more memorable than that hag Hilary's new CD which I must say is not as great as this one.

By the way, did anyone hear how Hilarys' sister Haylie Duff is set to release her 'Duets' CD later this year? Gosh I cant wait, seriously. That, plus Lindsay Lohans' new one, and Kirk Camerons' CD, its gonna be an amazing year-end!
Old 08-29-05, 12:39 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Only one disc?
Old 08-29-05, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts
No I am not aware that its been out THAT long, I thought a few months max.
You posted in another of your threads back in November '04 that you knew this album was coming out soon.

Last edited by The_Infidel; 08-29-05 at 01:04 PM.
Old 08-30-05, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by The_Infidel
You posted in another of your threads back in November '04 that you knew this album was coming out soon.
Yep.

The more of Cottington's posts I read, the more they seem like the work of a studio shill. Several posts even use words you'd only hear from someone in the industry.
Old 08-30-05, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 220 Likes on 176 Posts
Kirk Cameron, huh? That'll be one to check out, for sure.

Cottington is an odd one. Unless it's really a 14 year old she. Then I guess it's somewhat normal. Although, posting the same type of thing over and over, in a forum where 98% of the members don't really like that kind of music, reeks of desperation.

Or lunacy, one or the other.
Old 08-30-05, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So whats are the industry words?

Can Mandy, Hillary, Tiffany, Lindsay & Kirk (Cameron) really all be on the same record label?
Old 08-30-05, 02:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Mr. Salty
Yep.

The more of Cottington's posts I read, the more they seem like the work of a studio shill. Several posts even use words you'd only hear from someone in the industry.
I'd say it's just poorly researched cut-n-paste jobs from news items from the artist's websites or fan forum posts. The timings off on the Mandy Moore album to be a shill. It's been out long enough that BMG and Yourmusic.com offer it cheap.

Also, the online only Debbie Gibson album s/he posted about last week was long sold out- with a little searching I found posts on some message board of people getting their preorders in Jan 05 so s/he was at least 8 months late on that news. A shill would've let us know long ago about it. Too bad, if I had known in time I might have ordered it- Debbie's a guilty pleasure of mine from way back.
Old 08-30-05, 02:49 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I don't mind the posts, except when he craps on Xtina. That gets me
Old 08-30-05, 03:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
YES! A Mandy Moore greatest hits album!! I'll be picking this up the same day I pick up the Aaron Carter Greatest Hits.
Old 08-30-05, 03:36 PM
Mod Emeritus

Lets focus on this subject in this thread.
Yes.

If you like or hate the album, please say why here.

If you like or hate Cottington, please dont.
Old 08-31-05, 01:54 PM

I don't mind Mandy Moore as much as I used to. In fact, um... I saw "Saved" and I think she might just have a sense of humour about herself. So I'm okay with her.... but more importantly, anyone know where I can get her cover of the Beach Boys' "God Only Knows" with Michael Stipe duetting/backing her up? I really thought it was a good cover with decent harmonies by the two of them, but no soundtrack album was released. Cottington??
Old 08-31-05, 03:23 PM
Banned

You're right. This is an amazing song, and no soundtrack album for 'Saved' was ever released. I think its probably her best work alongwith 'Only Hope', and its a pity it was left off her best of... album. There does not exist an official version of this song on CD either.

However you CAN hear it at http://www.m-moore.net under their multimedia section alongwith ALL HER UNRELEASED MATERIAL. And believe me, the girl has better songs than all of her class (Agui, Spears, Simp) when you're done with the jukebox.