Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

65' Plasma TV from Panasonic for $9000

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-05, 03:20 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Panasonic came out with a lot of new TV last night and they compared it directly with the Flat Screen Displays(Sharp) and this new TV were very good indeed.And the best thing is that price.About 6 month ago the price was $18000 for a 65' Plasma TV but in just 6 month Panasonic made thermendous cost cutting and fast production to come out with a better Plasma TV and more cheaper.The Sharp TV is about $1300 to $1600 so this is killing the competition
Asked about the estimation for the upcoming Plasma Displays, Panasonic management said an Inch cousl be around US$50 only by year 2008!This is great news indeed
http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,122310,00.asp
http://viera.jp/
Old 08-26-05, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm trying to figure out where I could FIT a sixty-five foot screen.

And god bless international DVDTalkers (and their links I won't click on)....
Old 08-26-05, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Originally Posted by Y2K Falcon
I'm trying to figure out where I could FIT a sixty-five foot screen.

The funny thing about this is my gf's dad isn't going to jump into the foray of HD until they have 80" or larger plasmas, DLPs or LCDs. Right now he's got an 80"+ Proscan RPTV. The thing is a freaking monster. It's gotta be like 7 feet tall.
Old 08-28-05, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I expect prices will go downwards from this moment on.Sharp has enjoyed a pretty lucrative market with it's Flat TV but with Panasonic Plasma,it has to lower the prices or come up with a better screen and at a better price or else the 65' is really a steal for the Japanese.Sony is coming out with a new model around this month.Anyway it's good news for consumers because we get cheaper per inch screen
Old 08-28-05, 09:46 PM
Banned

I like the new Hitachi Ultra Vision LCD 70VS810 model. ABC Warehouse have it on display, and you must see it to believe it. It's awesome. I currently own the 50V500 model by Hitachi. The picture quality, and sound is magnificent. I love it.

I purchased it approximately a year, and a half ago, and now I'm regretting that I didn't wait until a later date for this new 70VS810 to buy instead.