Search this Thread

Old 08-12-05, 02:28 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Battlestar Galactica - "The Farm" - 8/12

The Farm

Spoiler:
Adama returns to duty to find his son a fugitive; on Caprica, Kara makes a chilling discovery about the Cylon agenda

Sci Fi is replaying the first 5 episodes of season 2 in case anyone missed them on Tuesday starting at 7/6C.
Old 08-12-05, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MrX
Sci Fi is replaying the first 5 episodes of season 2 in case anyone missed them on Tuesday starting at 7/6C.
Awesome news...thanks for the info. A friend of mine just got into the show. To get caught up he bought the bestbuy exclusive season one and was pissed because he already missed a few episodes of season 2. Now he can catch them.
Old 08-12-05, 10:32 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for some reason the farm thing made me think of alien resurection

good episode, glad we get to see a new human cylon
Old 08-12-05, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
That Adama's working hard for his Emmy.

"Why?" (fake sobbing)

Still, a great episode!
Old 08-12-05, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I am just glad to see Starbuck get off the freaking planet. That story line was getting old quick.

This episode sets up a whole arc of what appears to be some great stuff coming up!
Old 08-12-05, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I'm just waiting to see how the Chief reacts to the new Boomer when he finds out she and Helo are in love (or whatever the hell it is they are).
Old 08-13-05, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What a great episode!!! I wonder how long until this boomer turns on the humans?

Originally Posted by calhoun07
I am just glad to see Starbuck get off the freaking planet. That story line was getting old quick.
I kind of liked the tangent of her on the planet. IMHO, the writers have done a wonderful job of giving us a variety of storylines and environments to keep it from being too monotonous. I have enjoyed the break from seeing so much of Gaius and No. 6.
Old 08-13-05, 02:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cajun_junky
What a great episode!!! I wonder how long until this boomer turns on the humans? ... I have enjoyed the break from seeing so much of Gaius and No. 6.
I'm not sure she will, remember she's pregnant and that might override her robotic guidance. And didn't No. 6 once say that the Sharon model was weak, or something like that?

Speaking of Sharon, what happened in the Cylon mother ship (or whatever it was called) at the end of Season 1 that turned the Galactica-Sharon into an assassin, apparently against her will? I could see that happening to the Caprica-Sharon.

And yes, Gaius is one of two characters who I just don't like watching, the other one being Tigh's wife.
Old 08-13-05, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Heat
Speaking of Sharon, what happened in the Cylon mother ship (or whatever it was called) at the end of Season 1 that turned the Galactica-Sharon into an assassin, apparently against her will?
It was destroyed when the bomb Boomer mk1 left inside it exploded.
Old 08-13-05, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 435 Likes on 253 Posts
What made me cringe was
Spoiler:
the cylon doctor talking to Starbuck about her childhood and how all of her fingers had been broken in the same place. The thought of a parent abusing their child by breaking their fingers bothered me more than seeing "the farm".
Old 08-13-05, 01:32 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Good episode

Very little Col. Tigh and no Tigh's wife this week
Old 08-13-05, 03:11 PM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

solid episode.
Old 08-13-05, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Man, Roslin's really gone off the deep end by taking on the role as messiah and "blessing people." That was the best part of the episode.
Old 08-13-05, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 233 Likes on 137 Posts
A minor thing, but I was glad to see the little 5 second "preview" tacked back on after the opening credits again.
Old 08-13-05, 07:19 PM

Location: Sacremende (by way of the worst place on Earth: cincinnati, ky)
Originally Posted by Heat
Speaking of Sharon, what happened in the Cylon mother ship (or whatever it was called) at the end of Season 1 that turned the Galactica-Sharon into an assassin, apparently against her will? I could see that happening to the Caprica-Sharon.
Yeah but Galactica Boomer was in denial/didn't know she was a Cylon. Caprica Boomer knows what she is. That could potentially make a difference.

Was glad Tigh was kept to a minor role this week, as he had really been bugging me lately.
Old 08-13-05, 07:26 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by wetsprockets
Yeah but Galactica Boomer was in denial/didn't know she was a Cylon. Caprica Boomer knows what she is. That could potentially make a difference.
I agree. That was right after Baltar lied to her about the results of her cylon test as well.
Old 08-13-05, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
Just watched my recording of it. This is best show on TV IMO, and it isn't afraid to take advantage of being on cable in terms of pushing the limits with subject matter and violence.
Glad to finally get a lot of Katiebuck, she is such a gem to this show. The scenes of her discovering "The Farm" really moved the show from sci-fi to horror for a minute, and that isn't something I disapprove of at all. So many horror movies and shows nowadays rely on the "boo" factor to create horror, but it is all about the atmosphere and unsafe creepy feeling, which this episode did really well.
I also am enjoying the way they are exploring the issue of Church vs. State, not many series are willing to tackle such an issue.
Old 08-14-05, 12:28 AM

Well, I tuned in to watch Battlestar Galactica last night and got some PGA recap instead. I guess I won't be watching the show anymore because my cable company has replaced the SciFi Channel with the Golf Channel.

I googled to see what was going on and apparently Comcast is moving SciFi to digital cable in most if not all of its markets in a lame attempt to get people to upgrade their service.
Old 08-14-05, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Haven't watched it yet but a guy said they brought back the war drums to the opening scenes. That excites me.
Old 08-14-05, 02:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by cerulean
Well, I tuned in to watch Battlestar Galactica last night and got some PGA recap instead. I guess I won't be watching the show anymore because my cable company has replaced the SciFi Channel with the Golf Channel.

I googled to see what was going on and apparently Comcast is moving SciFi to digital cable in most if not all of its markets in a lame attempt to get people to upgrade their service.
Yep I heard about that. They haven't done it here yet but when they do I'll be sure to cancel it. Might do it anyway. You should call and complain about
Old 08-14-05, 06:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Small thing, but I wish the writers would tighten up the writing just a tad bit. I groaned when I heard Adama say "She can hide, but she can't run." What made it worse was that it wasn't even said tongue-in-cheek; he was being serious.

There are always a few lines like that in each episode. If they would just clean up a little bit of the sloppiness, the show would go from good to great.
Old 08-14-05, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I've been needing a reason to drop my cable line up for a while and this will push me over the edge if they do it where I live (KC area). I think I might have to call as a preemtive strike and let them know my intentions to drop their crap ass service if they do this.
Old 08-14-05, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

They did this to me this week also. I took our digital box from the basement and hooked it up. The channel didn't come through.
Old 08-14-05, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The show won't be complete until they put that robotic dog back on.
Old 08-14-05, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Holy crap, I will be so pissed if they do this here. The only reason I have the expanded package is for Sci-Fi and occasionally Cartoon Network (Justice League). I would go to satellite before I was "threatened" into upgrading.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.