Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Operation Condor (Deltamac)

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 08-10-05, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really like this film but until now I feel kinda confused to buy which DVD. As far as I know Deltamac DVD from HK offers complete version although non-anamorphic. But the audio is Cantonese and Mandarin. IIRC I watched this in cinema long time ago and I think the audio is in English. So, how's this Deltamac DVD? They talked in Cantonese all time, even though the characters are western people, or just for the Chinese characters? Anyone can confirm?

And I wonder about other Jackie Chan movies released by HK distributors: First Strike, Who Am I, Rumble in the Bronx - the audio?
Old 08-11-05, 03:08 PM

The Deltamac release of Operation Condor is in Cantonese, the way it should be.

Unfortunately First Strike, Who Am I and Rumble in the Bronx are all cut everywhere. Well, everywhere where they have English subs at least.
Old 08-11-05, 05:36 PM

Who am I is available from Universe, English subtitled & uncut. The two other should be available subbed as Taiwanese discs (uncut), though Mandarin only ...
Old 08-11-05, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Who Am I was filmed with English dialogue, so the Universe version really isn't a good option.. As far as I can tell, the Japanese release is the only uncut version in English available.
Old 08-11-05, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have the Universe DVD and it does have English language & English subs and its uncut.
Old 08-12-05, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by UAIOE
I have the Universe DVD and it does have English language & English subs and its uncut.
Is it anamorphic?
Old 08-12-05, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You're right. I never noticed that the English language version was on there. I haven't watched it yet since it's not anamorphic. I'm not sure if the Japanese release is.
Old 08-12-05, 05:01 PM

The old ezboard forum also had screenshots suggesting that the later editions of the Universe "Who am I" disc had some cropping of the image (this version was/is available for 25 HK$ from dddhouse).