Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Saw Vertical Horizon Live at XM Studios!

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-05, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

What an incredible experience. 30 people in the room for a 90 minute acoustic and Q&A set at the DC XM studio. I was about 4 feet from the band. Not only was the performance incredible, but the band was incredibly generous with their time. They were loose and funny and spot-on in their performance. They spent about 2 minutes answering my question in detail! After the show, Matt Scannell hung around and took pictures and thanked us all sincerely for supporting the band.

I have to tell you, I was a pretty big fan before this experience, but I am now a "diehard" fan. It's so rewarding to see a band connect with its fans.

I owe a big thanks to the band and to XM. Make sure you all check out the new album and support this band.
Old 08-08-05, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My wife and I saw them about 4 or 5 years ago (right before they started to get heavy radio play) on accident. We went to the club to see a DMB cover band, but had the wrong night. We ended up going anyways, loving the show, buying their new album and downloading a couple others. Great live band with some good studio tracks.
Old 08-08-05, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts
I think they have one of the coolest names for a band. Unfortunately, I do not like the muisc much. I'm glad it worked out well for you.
Old 08-09-05, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's cool.

How did you get tix to it?
Old 08-09-05, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
when does this air? my brother is a fan (and they were here iwth pat magee band and peppers ghost at 930 this past week but he couldn't go)
Old 08-09-05, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by SpaceBoy
That's cool.

How did you get tix to it?
Every few weeks, I check out favorite band's sites to see what's going on with them. VH's site had a notice about the show, and that you could e-mail for tix. I got lucky and won a pair.
Old 08-09-05, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
when does this air? my brother is a fan (and they were here iwth pat magee band and peppers ghost at 930 this past week but he couldn't go)
Rypro, they told me it will air in about two months. They cover the Who's Emminence Front, great cover.

The band was so gracious. There was a handicapped individual there and he said he was having a hard time getting the space he needed at the show (since standing in a crowd would be impossible for him). They took care of it so he could go.

I tell you, right now, this is my favorite band