Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Some more wrestling dvd's on the way (ECW related, non-WWE)

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-05, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These popped up on amazon.com last week.

HARDCORE HOMECOMING PLATINUM EDITION DVD Set

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...OL858/dvdtalk/

Details:

On June 10th, 2005, the legends of the most groundbreaking wrestling
promotion in the history of the sport return to the place where it all began
for HARDCORE HOMECOMING! It was in Philadelphia, PA that Eastern
Championship Wrestling became EXTREME and for one historic night, the stars
return home for an EXTREME REUNION!

This special platinum edition is packed with bonus footage not seen on Pay-Per-View and includes a bonus 2nd disk with additional matches, interviews, and behind the scenes footage.

Hosted by the original voice of ECW, Joey Styles!

Hat Guy, Todd Gordon, Joey Styles, Cyrus and Joel Gertner opened the show.

Tod Gordon Introduction
Hardcore Homecoming Opening Video
Joey Styles, Cyrus, and Joel Gertner Introduction
CW Anderson & Simon Diamond vs. Chris Chetti & Mikey Whipwreck
Tracy Smothers (with JT Smith) vs. Blue Meanie
Tribute to Fallen Heroes of Hardcore featuring Tammy Sytch, Gary Wolfe, Johnny Grunge, Danny Doring, and Roadkill
Kid Kash vs. 2 Cold Scorpio
Hardcore Brawl: Ian and Axl Rotten fight New Jack and John Kronus
Jerry Lynn vs. Justin Credible (with Jason)
Raven (with Blue Meanie & The Musketeer) vs. The Sandman
Terry Funk vs. Sabu (with Bill Alfonso) vs. Shane Douglas (with Francine): No Ropes Barbed Wire Match with guest referee Mick Foley

This Platinum Double Disk Edition features the entire Hardcore Homecoming show plus dozens of bonus features for a total of 6 hours of action!

FOREVER HARDCORE - THE DOCUMENTARY

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...YA3QI/dvdtalk/

Details:

Featuring Terry Funk, Shane Douglas, Sabu, Sandman, Raven & Joey Styles!

They revolutionized professional wrestling forever. A group of misfits, outcasts, and renegades led by a fearless visionary that ushered in a new era of professional wrestling from a dive bingo hall in south Philadelphia. Now, you will finally get the story from the mouths of the hardcore icons that lived it. FOREVER HARDCORE recounts the amazing story of how Tod Gordon's Eastern Championship Wrestling got hardcore and went on to impact the wrestling business forever. FOREVER HARDCORE takes you on an unsanitized journey through the highs and lows of a group of athletes that were never supposed to make it, and their reflections of why they will always be FOREVER HARDCORE.

From Shane Douglas' account of throwing down the NWA World Title... To Raven's bitter take on the crucifixion incident ... to New Jack's state of mind during the Mass Transit bloodbath... FOREVER HARDCORE gives you the amazing stories and first hand accounts of every major aspect of the revolution that changed wrestling FOREVER.

"Every person that appeared on this documentary has a story to tell. This era clearly defined and changed the lives of every person involved, from the champions to the fans," said producer/director Jeremy Borash, who cites his own story of being a disgruntled WCW employee flying himself to Viking Hall in Philadelphia, just to rekindle the feeling of being a fan again. "Properly preserving the legacy that these incredible journeymen created was the vision of everyone involved with this incredible project."

FOREVER HARDCORE is fearless in exposing the true history of this wrestling revolution, as the faces that shaped an era share their memories through the laughter and the tears.

Last edited by Lobo13; 08-03-05 at 09:36 PM.
Old 08-03-05, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Forever Hardcore is awesome. I was expecting a half-ass documentary, since McMahon owns all the old ECW footage, but there's some (not a lot) footage there. And the interviews are great. The only disturbing thing on there is New Jack, who shows that he really is just a semi-literate thug that should be in jail.
Old 08-04-05, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

so whats different than the versions already released?
Old 08-04-05, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by cactusoly
so whats different than the versions already released?
I'm pretty sure it's the same version, just that they finally struck a deal with Amazon.com to sell them as wel.
Old 08-04-05, 12:30 PM

The versions of Hardcore Homecoming and Forever Hardcore that are currently available through HardcoreHomecoming.com are pressed on DVD-R's.

Both sets will be released professionally later in the year through Amazon and other retailers. Also note that the version of Hardcore Homecoming released this fall may be edited for licensing reasons (theme music) - so get the current set if you're worried about that.
Old 08-04-05, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by YourOlympicHero
The versions of Hardcore Homecoming and Forever Hardcore that are currently available through HardcoreHomecoming.com are pressed on DVD-R's.

Both sets will be released professionally later in the year through Amazon and other retailers. Also note that the version of Hardcore Homecoming released this fall may be edited for licensing reasons (theme music) - so get the current set if you're worried about that.
Just got my Hardcore Homecoming in the mail today, looking forward to watching it when I get home.
Old 08-04-05, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by MovieExchange
The only disturbing thing on there is New Jack, who shows that he really is just a semi-literate thug that should be in jail.
if you think thats bad, you should see the New Jack shoot interview he did with RF Video years back
Old 08-12-05, 02:44 PM

The DVD set is heavily edited audio-wise.

Whenever theme music is playing, it is either overdubbed or switched to an audio channel (crowd mic) where it is barely audible.

Whenever there is a loud "ECW" chant, it is either overdubbed or switched to an audio channel (crowd mic) where it is barely audible.

New Jack saying "ECW" was cut out.

All profanity is left in.
Old 09-17-05, 04:43 PM

Digitaleyes has both dvds for 13.95 each. That's a pretty good price, so is there any significant difference besides the music? I mean if I were to get the dvd-r versions from the main site, would they have all the audio and music intact?

I cant believe they actually censored ECW chants for and ECW reunion show. How can you trademark what people chant?

ECW One Night Stand was a really disappointing dvd because of all the censoring, you're better off getting a VHS master off the live broadcast.

I just dont want to make the same mistake with the Hardcore show.
Old 09-17-05, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by uhftv
Digitaleyes has both dvds for 13.95 each. That's a pretty good price, so is there any significant difference besides the music? I mean if I were to get the dvd-r versions from the main site, would they have all the audio and music intact?

I cant believe they actually censored ECW chants for and ECW reunion show. How can you trademark what people chant?

ECW One Night Stand was a really disappointing dvd because of all the censoring, you're better off getting a VHS master off the live broadcast.

I just dont want to make the same mistake with the Hardcore show.
the live broadcast also bleeped some, mainly uses of the f word ( but when the crowd loudly chanted "shut the fuck up" and "fuck you smackdown at jbl, they didn't bleep those.) On the dvd ,did they bleep "god damn, asshole and son of a bitch.
Old 09-17-05, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by GregS
if you think thats bad, you should see the New Jack shoot interview he did with RF Video years back
If I could get ahold of it without the money going into the pocket of Rob Feinstein, I'd condisder checking it out. Train wrecks like New Jack fascinate me.
Old 09-17-05, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got Hardcore Homecoming today. Looks like a good DVD, but haven't watched it yet.

= J
Old 09-18-05, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by YourOlympicHero

Oh, so the non-Platinum edition has the theme music unedited? I bought the PE at the HH show on Friday and was quite disappointed with the editing of the entire show, both in the cuts and editing the music.
Old 09-18-05, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by SteveOVig
Oh, so the non-Platinum edition has the theme music unedited? I bought the PE at the HH show on Friday and was quite disappointed with the editing of the entire show, both in the cuts and editing the music.
I posted that before either edition was released - I have the non-platinum edition and there are many edits, including the theme music.

I'd guess the Platinum Edition is the same.
Old 11-30-05, 12:12 AM

Wasn't there supposed to be footage of Sunny flashing a fan during the Q & A session?
Old 11-30-05, 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by BelowXero
Wasn't there supposed to be footage of Sunny flashing a fan during the Q & A session?
If you want to see her (and Missy Hyatt) totally naked...there's the Wrestling Vixxxen DVDs.
Old 11-30-05, 06:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I ordered this from DDD and am still waiting for it.

Whatever happened with the Sunny and Missy Hyatt website? I loved it for a while then forgot about it. When I went back afterwards, it was shut down. Some fine pics and videos there at the time.
Old 11-30-05, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by movieking
I ordered this from DDD and am still waiting for it.

Whatever happened with the Sunny and Missy Hyatt website? I loved it for a while then forgot about it. When I went back afterwards, it was shut down. Some fine pics and videos there at the time.
Sunny's gone and now it's Francine and Missy.

http://www.missyhyattandfrancinetv.com/
Old 11-30-05, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I picked up the Hardcore Homecoming DVD at Best Buy, fun DVD, good show.
Old 11-30-05, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

How old is Missy Hyatt? It seems like she has been around forever.
Old 11-30-05, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Mid to Late 30's

She started young in the business. It's a shame she got soooo much work done, surgically that is. One of the hotter woman to ever grace the squared circle.

I bought forever hardcore and watched it over the weekend. Not a bad compliment to rise and fall. It was definitely not better then rise and fall....but not bad. I loved the crucifixion angle explanation by sandman. Priceless. Also raven was funny as well.
Old 11-30-05, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If the IMDB can be believed, she turned 42 last month. I'd believe it, she looks old and worn out.
Old 12-02-05, 12:42 AM

I picked up Forever Hardcore at Best Buy yesterday....EXCELLENT...two BIG thumbs up! The only annoying thing was the music in the background as the guys were talking...music is often a plus but it can't just be random music because you don't have someone narrating.

The Missy Hyatt/Sunny site closed because they claimed the webmaster ripped them off on all the DVDs their site sold. The same group that puts out all the classic Florida footage, also has all the Vixxxen DVDs in their catalog. I enjoy seeing them...but I think they're going for a Playboy look....but it seems like it's on the sleezy side. Also, it's sad all these women say they'll never do nudity....and then when they finally decide to do it....I don't think as many people care since they're older. Stacy Keibler keeps saying she'll never do it....but I know once she's close to 50 we'll see her in Beaver Hunt.
Old 12-16-05, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I finally got my DDD order, and put in Forever Hardcore. The first thing I noticed was the second disc was off the hub, and was scratched pretty badly. I put it in and it seemed to start fine. I tried the first DVD, and I get a disk error. Anyone else have trouble with their versions?
Old 12-17-05, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got forever hardcore from DDD as well. Mine played fine all around.