TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Amazing Race Season 3 on GSN discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-05, 06:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Amazing Race Season 3 on GSN discussion thread

Season 3 should start this Thursday.

Plenty of interesting teams in this season.
Old 08-02-05, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spoiler:
I have my cheese collection all ready to go for the whine fest that lies ahead.
Old 08-02-05, 10:44 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 109 Likes on 98 Posts
I'll get out my paper underwear..

Old 08-02-05, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I spy 3 or 4 pretty good looking women. That is something that has been a little lacking in the first couple seasons, with all due respect to Emily from season 1.

It doesn't matter in the whole scheme of things, really, because I tune in to watch the racing, not the chicks, but it does help to have a little eye candy along the way.

Can't wait!
Old 08-02-05, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Looks like they amped up the babe factor.
Old 08-02-05, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk God

It also funny how there always the same representation.

1 gay team
1 old fart couple
1 frat boy team
1 sorority girl team
1 parent-child team
1 sibling team
5-6 couples (in various relationship stages)
Old 08-02-05, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by nevermind
Spoiler:
I have my cheese collection all ready to go for the whine fest that lies ahead.

Spoiler:
It was really tough watching it the first time with Flo and her whinefest but I want to see Jill again so I'll be rewatching it.
Old 08-02-05, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
I enjoyed the brothers Ken and Gerrard. They were a really fun team to watch. The antics of Flo drove me up the wall! My sentimental favorite was John Vito and Jill, who were really nice people. They were quite comparaible to Kris and Jon from season 6.
Old 08-02-05, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Here’s links to DVD Talk threads regarding Season 3 if anyone is interested in seeing what was discussed back then after watching them now.

Warning: Spoilers in these threads!!! (duh)

Amazing Race 3 Teams

10/2/02

10/9/02

10/16/02

10/23/02

10/30/02

11/13/02

11/20/02

11/27/02

12/4/02

12/11/02

12/18/02 – Season Finale
Old 08-02-05, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
It also funny how there always the same representation.

1 gay team
1 old fart couple
1 frat boy team
1 sorority girl team
1 parent-child team
1 sibling team
5-6 couples (in various relationship stages)
Up until the upcoming edition, TAR has been two-member teams with each member of the team having had some sort of relationship prior to the race. How many different combinations can there be? They need 11-12 teams. So you are going to get people in a relationship. Siblings. Best Friends. Gay couples. Husband/wives. Roommates. I mean do you really want Andy and his proctologist Larry as teammates or 26 yo Emily and her 56yo gray-haired lawyer John? The types of relationships may be similar (BTW, there are no all gay team in this edition and I don't consider Asshat and Terri to be the old couple) but it is the people they selected. I mean the casting agent who selected
Spoiler:
Flo
deserves a raise.

Last edited by chowderhead; 08-02-05 at 02:56 PM.
Old 08-02-05, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by chowderhead
Up until the upcoming edition, TAR has been two-member teams with each member of the team having had some sort of relationship prior to the race. How many different combinations can there be? They need 11-12 teams. So you are going to get people in a relationship. Siblings. Best Friends. Gay couples. Husband/wives. Roommates.

The point I was making is that, almost always, half the teams (besides the gay one) are of the romantic young couple variety while there is usually only 1 of each of the other relationship types. I suppose they do that because they are the ones that tend to bicker the most. Also, is there ever not a gay team? Or a geezer team? Or a 'frat boy' team?
Old 08-02-05, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This is the first race I saw and it is still my favorite one. The 4th one would have been my favorite one (as it has by favorite team), but my favorite team came in second place and really bummed me out.

about TAR3:
Spoiler:
I can see how Flo would have gotten on many people's nevers, but I never disliked her....If anything she provided for excellent television....and I never EVER expected her to win, so when she did, I was shocked. It was just great seeing FLo And Zach cross the finish line first when they thought that they had to be in last place.......it was very unexpected. Definitely my favorite win of the show.
Old 08-02-05, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The point I was making is that, almost always, half the teams (besides the gay one) are of the romantic young couple variety while there is usually only 1 of each of the other relationship types. I suppose they do that because they are the ones that tend to bicker the most. Also, is there ever not a gay team? Or a geezer team? Or a 'frat boy' team?
there are no all gay teams in this edition. There were no all gay team in the just concluded edition (unless you count Team L word) or the any gay people (AFAIK) in the 5th edition. It is two people in any kind of relationship - so for example, the old geezer team could be married, best friends or dating (5th edition). The team with a gay member could be best friends (this edition, 2nd edition), dating/married/ or father/son (this edition), mother/son (6th edition), etc. Frat boys/Sorority girl could be siblings or roomates or best friends.
They cast young, good looking people with interesting stories - that is SHOCKING!!!
Spoiler:

Even still, after the fourth edition, they stopped with the young, strong all male teams because those teams tend to dominate. Furthermore, you can argue that Boston Frat in the second edition weren't very smart and got lucky or that Zach WAS the team in season 3

You say they are casting types, well of course, but the "types" at least for me do not hinder me from enjoying the show unlike Survivor.

Last edited by chowderhead; 08-03-05 at 01:51 AM.
Old 08-02-05, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk God

Again, it is not the types I am talking about. I fully understand there only so many types of preexisting relationships. It is the number of each of types - it is practically the same breakdown in every edition. Half of the teams are always of the young romantic couple variety.

Also, I am not complaining about it. I am simply noting it.

One thing I would like to see on Survivor and TAR - some non-American teams. It would add a different wrinkle.
Old 08-02-05, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Not that I really care, since the seasons originally aired long ago, and this thread is for season 3, but did the winners of the currently airing season (2) just get unintentionally (or intentionally) revealed in chowderhead's post?
Old 08-03-05, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
Not that I really care, since the seasons originally aired long ago, and this thread is for season 3, but did the winners of the currently airing season (2) just get unintentionally (or intentionally) revealed in chowderhead's post?
I hope not. Hopefully people have more class than to give spoilers without it bieng noted. Im glad I didnt read his post.

Damn, S2 aint over and theres already a thread for season 3?
Old 08-03-05, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Ravenous
I hope not. Hopefully people have more class than to give spoilers without it bieng noted. Im glad I didnt read his post.

look it was an oversight. I will go back and put spoiler tags on the "offending part." I did not mean to do it and just picked random teams to make a point and just happened to pick the wrong teams. BTW, S2 was over 3 years ago!!!!
Old 08-03-05, 02:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

No worries chowder, at least from my end. It aired such a long time ago, like we both already said, and this thread isnt even related to the currently showing season. The way you used them as your "example" made it really obvious that they won, but no biggie. You shouldn't have to spoilerize it anyway, imo. It isn't any different than if someone started a thread talking about plots from episodes of the Wonder Years that aired 15 years ago.
Old 08-03-05, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk God

You shouldn't have to spoilerize it anyway, imo. It isn't any different than if someone started a thread talking about plots from episodes of the Wonder Years that aired 15 years ago.

I disagree. These aren't the old threads being resurrected, and knowing who won TAR 2 isn't like knowing who won the Super Bowl 3 years ago. TAR is also not like a scripted series. These threads specifically are for the GSN replays, and were started for those of us who missed it the first go-around. We truly don't know who won (for me the 1st 3) and would appreciate those in the know refrain from any discussion of what happens down the road.
Old 08-03-05, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

That's great, but he did it in the season 3 thread, and on accident. It isn't like he was in there posting on the season 2 thread spoling shit on purpose.
Old 08-03-05, 01:45 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 109 Likes on 98 Posts
I think its common sense to not discuss the ending of S2 even in this thread until it ends.
Old 08-03-05, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk God

That's great, but he did it in the season 3 thread, and on accident. It isn't like he was in there posting on the season 2 thread spoling shit on purpose.

I never complained about it. Heck, I never even saw the info that was supposedly spoiled.
Old 08-03-05, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Ravenous
Unless someone beats me to it, I'm starting a Season 4 thread tomorrow!
Old 08-04-05, 05:18 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I disagree. These aren't the old threads being resurrected, and knowing who won TAR 2 isn't like knowing who won the Super Bowl 3 years ago. TAR is also not like a scripted series. These threads specifically are for the GSN replays, and were started for those of us who missed it the first go-around. We truly don't know who won (for me the 1st 3) and would appreciate those in the know refrain from any discussion of what happens down the road.
Beat me to it. This thread is suppose to be for those who have yet to see the shows correct? Why should those who have seen it come here and fuck it up? Someone gave the links to the previous threads started when they originally aired. Go back and post in those than...

I hope further seasons wont be fucked up by those who have already seen the stupid show. Looks like Ill have to play it safe and avoid every goddamn post on the Amazing Race threads meant for those who havent seen it!

Last edited by Ravenous; 08-04-05 at 05:21 AM.
Old 08-04-05, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk God

I don't think I've seen anyone so happy to finish in 10th place before.

The jackass takers should be eliminated on principle. So should the model twins - their 100 IQ must have been split when they zygote split.

Go Harvard Ho's!

Last edited by Red Dog; 08-04-05 at 09:57 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.