Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Movies that you didn't know were being made?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-05, 11:23 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 914 Likes on 774 Posts

there are always films that come as a surprise to most when they are released. they hit below the radar and then just appear and your like "wow! i didn't know that was being made or even discussed being made"

so to all who are in the know...what are some films either in pre-production or production that are being made and that might stun many (including me) to know they will eventually be released?

i am talking original, or movies based on something that might be in the popular scheme, etc...
Old 07-31-05, 12:18 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the last pleasant surprise i had was finding out Ingmar Bergman had made another film about a week before it started playing at a local theatre here.
Old 07-31-05, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts
Someone told me yesterday that Finding Nemo 2 is being made. I'm like:
Old 07-31-05, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Rockmjd23
I've heard recent rumors that Ruggero Deodato is planning on making a sequel to Cannibal Holocaust (1979) and also that someone is making a slasher movie based on Faces of Death (1978)
but when are we getting the R1 2 discer?
Old 07-31-05, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts
I was suprised when I saw the first Superman farm photos. It was like, huh, after ten years of rumors, fifteen directors, and five stars, they finally started. Looks like it's coming together well.

I'll be amused whenever Daron Aronofsky gets around to making another one. He's probably been rumored to making five pictures since Requiem For a Dream.
Old 07-31-05, 01:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by troystiffler
I'll be amused whenever Daron Aronofsky gets around to making another one. He's probably been rumored to making five pictures since Requiem For a Dream.
THE FOUNTAIN. Opens (hopefully) this fall. Hugh Jackman, Rachel Weisz...
Old 07-31-05, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts
Originally Posted by scott shelton
THE FOUNTAIN. Opens (hopefully) this fall. Hugh Jackman, Rachel Weisz...
Ha. Well there you go...
Old 07-31-05, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Fist of Legend and/or Fist of Fury prequel.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0446059/

Legend of the Fearless Fighter (title still in works)

Staring Jet Li
(Fist of Legend, Unleashed, Once Upon a Time in China, Kiss of the Dragon)

Director: Ronny Yu
(Bride of Chucky, Bride with White Hair, Freddy vs. Jason, Warriors of Virtue)

Action Director: Yuen Woo-ping
(Fist of Legend, Kill Bill vol.1&2, The Matrix trilogy, Kung Fu Hustle)

Producer: Bill Kong
(Hero, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, House of Flying Daggers)

The film tells the story of Martial Arts Legend Huo Yuanjia a.k.a. Fok Yun-gap (the Master of Jet Li’s character Chen Zhen in Fist Of Legend) son of a famous Martial Arts practitioner who dreams of following in his father's footsteps and continuing his legacy. The story starts with young Huo Yuanjia accidentally killing his opponent, son of a local tyrant, during a match. The local tyrant then vows revenge on Huo Yuanjia so he goes into hiding where he spends a few years in a small village in Thailand. During of which, a half-blind girl named Yue Ci, becomes his spiritual guide and they develop a special bond. Ultimately, Li’s character Huo Yuanjia must come out of hiding to defend the honor of his country in an international tournament. In the end he defeats a foreign fighter in Shanghai and becomes a national hero. The film is said to be recruiting fighters from many backgrounds with different styles like Wrestling, Wushu, Tae Kwon Do, Karate, Kickboxing, Judo, etc. The film deals with the growth and eventual realization of Huo Yuan Jia, the character is portrayed as an ordinary person, rather than the exalted status of a folk hero. It depicts Huo Yuan Jia as a man of principles, restraint, and great forbearance who doesn’t believe in violence and in paying back his enemy in their own coin.

The real life Chinese Martial Arts Master Huo Yuanjia was born around 1868, and died around 1910… Huo Yuanjia was the founder and spiritual guru of infamous Martial Arts School Chin Woo (Jing Wu)… He grew up very weak and always sick, his family didn't let him practice Martial Arts although everyone else in the family did. So Huo learned his family art with out the family knowing, and actually got himself stronger. Besides learning his family's own unique style of martial arts, Huo kept an open-mind and was very accepting of other styles. He traveled and learned the strong points of other arts, and combined them into his own style called "Mi Zhong Quan", or the "Fist of Lost/No Origins" -- much like the philosophy behind Bruce Lee's "Jeet Kune Do". But of course, Huo lived in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Huo became an instant national hero after defeating a Russian fighter who claimed to be the best fighter alive, and that the entire Chinese race was too weak to beat him. After Huo's victory, several foreigner challengers all failed to defeat Huo in attempts to reclaim their race superiorities. Later on, Huo developed an asthma-like disorder that just wouldn’t go away, and was killed after some conspirators and enemies (Japanese/foreign oppositions that disliked his heroic status among the Chinese) poisoned his cough medicine. There comes the story of "Chinese Connection/Fist of Fury/Fist of Legend" made famous by the Bruce Lee and Jet Li films, which are known so well, where Chen Zhen avenges his master's wrongful death.

I've always wondered how bad ass the teacher was since Bruce Lee portrayed the student in Fist of Fury. I've read accounts of the real person but I've never seen anything about him on film. It's funny that Jet is now playing the teacher after playing the student in Fist of Legend.

Last edited by mrhan; 07-31-05 at 04:30 PM.
Old 07-31-05, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Remake of the reggae classic "The Harder They Come"? Why?
Old 07-31-05, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Satanic Yuppies
Old 07-31-05, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
"The Cutting Edge 2"

More Moira...but sadly D.B. Sweeney's been replaced by former General Hospital star Scott Thompson Baker.
Old 07-31-05, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Hiro11
The original producer, Jimmy Cliff along with the group Fugees couldn't get one off the ground and it was suppose to be a sequel. I don't know how that would be if Ivan was dead. Somehow they wanted Jimmy to play the same character. It never happened and I hope the same goes for this one. Leave it well enough alone. It doesn't need a remake or a sequel.
Old 07-31-05, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 870 Likes on 392 Posts
I didn't know Ghost Rider was being made. Found it while surfing on IMDB.
Old 07-31-05, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by mrhan
The original producer, Jimmy Cliff along with the group Fugees couldn't get one off the ground and it was suppose to be a sequel. I don't know how that would be if Ivan was dead. Somehow they wanted Jimmy to play the same character. It never happened and I hope the same goes for this one. Leave it well enough alone. It doesn't need a remake or a sequel.
That's right, but that was a different movie. Now, apparently they're doing a hip-hop remake. I looked for information about it and found some articles that mention it:

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=3137
http://www.billboard.com/bb/icopyrig...ent_id=1811807

Those articles and others that mention it are a year or two old, so I don't know if it actually is getting made or not.
Old 07-31-05, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,410 Likes on 1,033 Posts
Originally Posted by troystiffler
I was suprised when I saw the first Superman farm photos. It was like, huh, after ten years of rumors, fifteen directors, and five stars, they finally started. Looks like it's coming together well.
Me too for Superman.

And I actually was a little behind the times when I found out Lucas was making the PT. The Leonard Maltin interviews on the THX remasters from 1995 even mention that Lucas is going forward with new SW movies, and as many times as I watched those tapes, I somehow just glazed right over that. I think the rumor mill had actually been going for a year or so before I realized that these were actually being filmed.
Old 08-01-05, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
"The Cutting Edge 2"

More Moira...but sadly D.B. Sweeney's been replaced by former General Hospital star Scott Thompson Baker.
sad, just sad
Old 08-01-05, 10:22 AM

I didn't know a 'Zorro 2' was being made until I saw the preview in the theater the other day.
Old 08-02-05, 06:17 PM

someone post the info for that new Luc Besson film...that could be interesting...
Old 08-02-05, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts
Transporter 2.. when I saw the trailer, I was all
Old 08-02-05, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Most recently Wedding Crashers. Didn't know about it until I saw a trailer.
Old 08-02-05, 09:36 PM

yea, i almost shat a brick when i heard bergman made a new movie. i was under the impression he was long dead.
Old 08-03-05, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The direct to DVD movie, The Sandlot 2.
Blahh.