Reload this Page >

One and only Star Wars Ep. III thread [merger of a couple of different threads]

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

One and only Star Wars Ep. III thread [merger of a couple of different threads]

Old 04-26-05, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
some Revenge of the Sith DVD news

While at Celebration 3, I was able to find a couple of minor news updates on the Revenge of the Sith DVD. At the DK Publishing booth, they had a flyer for one of their upcoming Star Wars books that stated the book would be released to coincide with the debut of the ROTS DVD in the Fall of 2005. This at least tells us we're not going to have to wait a long time for it to come out.

I also got an autograph from Matthew Wood at the show. Wood is not only the voice of General Grievous, but one of the sound designers from the prequels. When I asked him what he was going to be working on next, he started that he's still working on scenes for the Revenge of the Sith DVD. He mentioned that these are deleted scenes which will be included later. Wood stated that one of them is a scene featuring General Grievous. So if you're a Grievous fan, expect more of him with the DVD release in the Fall.
http://theforce.net/latestnews/story...News_91660.asp
Old 04-26-05, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
The fall sounds right since that's when every DVD of Star Wars movies has been released.
Old 04-26-05, 01:08 PM

To be honest, the release date isn't news. It more from the land of, "Duh!"

fitprod
Old 04-26-05, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I can say, without seeing the movie, that I am a Grevious fan ;-)
Old 04-26-05, 01:40 PM
Suspended

In the mean time, here's something kool: a fan has reconstructed the whole movie using stills from the movie, and cues from the soundtrack (including an impressive simulation of the opening crawl).

http://www.************.com/Sith_Happens.zip
Old 04-26-05, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
During Lucas' appearance at the con, he mentioned that there's going to be a box set with all six films PLUS a Bonus 7th Disc that MIGHT contain all the deleted scenes from the original trilogy. It's something he's still thinking about.

Oh....and no more changes to the films. He's apparently happy with them....

....for now.

Andrew
Old 04-26-05, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my bet is just in time for black friday
Old 04-26-05, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Cameron
my bet is just in time for black friday
yup. probably about mid-way through nov, as was aotc
Old 05-02-05, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Looks like this was added today:

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html

5/2/05

As many of you already know, leaks from the recent Celebration III convention (some from George Lucas himself) have indicated that Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith will be released on DVD before the end of the year, and also that a new DVD box set of the entire Star Wars saga is in the works, possibly with a new bonus disc containing deleted scenes from the original trilogy films. We can't speak for the box set, but it's looking very much like Episode III will be available on DVD by November. The Rebel Scum fan site has posted scans of a sales flyer touting a Burger King "Destiny Watches" promotion set to kick off on November 7th. According to text on the flyer, the promotion is timed "to celebrate the complete Star Wars saga with the DVD release of Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith." Could the DVD release be tentatively set for Tuesday, November 8th? Possibly. In any case, you can reasonably expect the DVD to hit store shelves in the September to mid-November time frame, so as to make the most of the holiday shopping season. We'll keep you up to date as we learn more. Thanks to Bits reader Douglas M. for the link.

Stay tuned...
Old 05-02-05, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I hope Lucas isn't happy with the some of the errors in the DVDs (green lightsaber and reversed surrounds in A New Hope, saber screw ups in Jedi, etc.).
Old 05-03-05, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DavidH
I hope Lucas isn't happy with the some of the errors in the DVDs (green lightsaber and reversed surrounds in A New Hope, saber screw ups in Jedi, etc.).

Yeah, im also surprised Lucas didn't add the Imperial March in A NEW HOPE.
Old 05-03-05, 08:55 AM

Anyone know if Lucas is planning on releasing a boxset of just the prequel films?
Old 05-03-05, 08:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by nowayjesus
Anyone know if Lucas is planning on releasing a boxset of just the prequel films?
No way, jesus
Old 05-03-05, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks like right in line for my birthday
Old 05-03-05, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 80 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by DavidH
Old 05-03-05, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by fitprod
To be honest, the release date isn't news. It more from the land of, "Duh!"

Exactly. Did anyone *not* expect this in time for the holidays?
Old 05-03-05, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts
Originally Posted by paulringodaman
I can say, without seeing the movie, that I am a Grevious fan ;-)
much like how a lot of people were fans of Maul before seeing TPM.
Old 05-03-05, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

NO SHIT! THIS IS COMIN' THIS FALL?!!!!

Old 05-03-05, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
much like how a lot of people were fans of Jar-Jar before seeing TPM.
Fixed!
Old 05-03-05, 04:58 PM

Can't freakin' wait to see it in the theatre and on DVD
Old 05-04-05, 05:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Lara Means

Yeah, im also surprised Lucas didn't add the Imperial March in A NEW HOPE.
I remember reading on a message board years ago that Lucas was going to add the "Imperial March" to the scene that first introduced Vader in ANH. But I don't think this was going to happen until he produced the Archive Editions of the original trilogy.

I read about all kinds of changes that he was supposedly going to make, but frankly I take most of them with a grain of salt. If they were all true, the original trilogy would be radically different from anything we've seen so far. I believe Lucas is going to add some scenes with Bail Organa on Alderaan just before the Death Star blows it up, but beyond that I don't know.

Now...since the original trilogy no longer exists in its classic form, and since Lucas continues to make changes to bring that trilogy as much into modern times as he can, I personally think it would be amazing if he scrapped all the original special effects work, and replaced everything with state-of-the-art CGI.

The rebel attack on the Death Star, the tauntauns, the AT-AT assault on Hoth, etc. Wherever a special effect is used, replace it with CGI. At least then, when you watch the complete series in chronological order--Episode I to Episode VI--it doesn't feel like you're suddenly stepping backward nearly 30 years when you take out Revenge of the Sith and put in A New Hope.

I totally support having the original trilogy in its classic form on DVD, but since we're apparently not going to get it, and since enough of it is already preserved on the current DVD set, I say go all the way, George! Let's REALLY spruce up those old films. Can't do anything with the late '70s/early '80s hairstyles, but at least everything else can look as nice as the prequel trilogy.

--THX
Old 07-06-05, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
From www.thedigitalbits.com under their Rumor Mill section:

We've checked in with our retail and industry sources and have learned that Lucasfilm and 20th Century Fox are currently planning to announce the DVD release of Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith as early as next week. With any luck, we'll get final cover art and complete disc specs as part of the announcement. Our information is that the title is expected to street on either 11/1 or 11/8, in separate full frame and anamorphic widescreen editions. We MAY also learn about the future box set release of the complete 6-film saga.
Old 07-06-05, 10:31 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by CertifiedTHX
Can't do anything with the late '70s/early '80s hairstyles, but at least everything else can look as nice as the prequel trilogy.

--THX
If anything needed fixin' from the OT, specifically from ANH is Aunt Beru's '70s blouse. I can't believe they couldn't CGI in a Tatooine-style robe or something for the DVDs.
Old 07-06-05, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
From www.thedigitalbits.com under their Rumor Mill section:
Good news! Thanks.
Old 07-06-05, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,286 Likes on 935 Posts
"We've checked in with our retail and industry sources and have learned that Lucasfilm and 20th Century Fox are currently planning to announce the DVD release of Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith as early as next week."

Interesting. Next week is Comic-Con. LucasFilm has a Star Wars presentation slated. At last year's Comic-Con, LucasFilm announced the name of Episode III, so it would be a nice touch if they announced the DVD release this year.

The circle is complete....

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.