Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Quality of Treeline Megapacks?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-05, 05:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quality of Treeline Megapacks?

Hey there, I've been looking into the megapacks of treeline (I believe they were bought out by someone but new megapacks are still being released,) and its seems they have a wide range of PD material with very little overlap between the sets. Does anyone own any of the sets, and, if so, how is the video quality? Are we talking 1 star dvdtalk quality 2 star or .5 stars? I already own some of the better PD titles in restored releases (like Nosferatu and Metropolis), but I figure for about 300 bucks I can have about 1300 hours of film, much of it I am sure will be interesting. So, does the picture/sound quality make these sets a bargain or is it another case of "you get what you pay for?" Thanks in advance for any comments.
Old 07-24-05, 05:35 AM
Cool New Member

I purchased the Horror and SciFi sets last year. I have no regrets, but I didn't have high expections of the quality, which would be comparable to watching a movie on Turner Classic Movies.
Old 07-24-05, 05:40 AM

I own the 'Family 50-pack' and the 'Western 50-pack'. The quality and movies on the 'family' one seem a bit better, then on the 'western' one. Still, both sets are head-and-shoulders above the crap that Madacy use to put out. I'd compare it to a decent VHS print. The larger the screen (and higher the resolution) you view these on, the more deficiencies you'll notice. But watch them on a 27" analog set, and they are fine.
Old 07-24-05, 04:30 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ken_572002
I own the 'Family 50-pack' and the 'Western 50-pack'. The quality and movies on the 'family' one seem a bit better, then on the 'western' one. Still, both sets are head-and-shoulders above the crap that Madacy use to put out. I'd compare it to a decent VHS print. The larger the screen (and higher the resolution) you view these on, the more deficiencies you'll notice. But watch them on a 27" analog set, and they are fine.
I agree with you about the 'Family 50-pack'.
I also own the '100 episodes TV Favorites' pack. The quality of the episodes are O.K., but I think they edited a few episodes, changed the theme music for The Beverly Hillbillies, and took out the theme song for The Andy Griffith Show.
Old 07-24-05, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We have a few of them (musicals, family, comedy, sci-fi, hollywood), and overall the quality is "very watchable." Which means that if you want to enjoy the content, the audio/video quality won't be 'disturbing' or detract from the material.

It is a sharp contrast (in terms of being *much* better) to the stuff that M*d*cy releases.