Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Sheryl Crow: new album "Wildflower" [9/27/05]

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-05, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts

Crow Runs 'Wild' On New Album

Sheryl Crow has named her new album "Wildflower" after a track on the album inspired by her boyfriend, championship cyclist Lance Armstrong. As previously reported, the set is due Sept. 27 via A&M/Interscope and will be led by the single "Good Is Good," which will be featured in an ad campaign for computer supplier Dell.

In addition, Crow's Web site reports she has recorded acoustic covers of James Taylor's "You Can Close Your Eyes," Willie Nelson's "Blue Eyes Cryin' in the Rain" and Aretha Franklin's "I Never Loved a Man (The Way I Loved You)" for an expanded, Dual Disc edition of her "Artist's Choice" compilation via Hear Music/Starbucks.

Footage of Crow in the studio will be included on the DVD side of the album, which will be available in the fall.

As previously reported, Crow will join such acts as Paul McCartney, Wyclef Jean and Snoop Dogg on a Bee Gees tribute album, due next year via a label yet to be determined.

[BILLBOARD.com]
Old 07-23-05, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,410 Likes on 1,033 Posts
I loved the first few albums of hers but kinda drifted away after awhile. I guess all artists grow and change, but she just seemed too different.

Anyone else?
Old 07-25-05, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
To me she's just become a generic 70's style artist. SHe's a decent enough songwriter but she's never really progressed beyond basic classic rock formulas.
Old 07-25-05, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cungar
To me she's just become a generic 70's style artist. SHe's a decent enough songwriter but she's never really progressed beyond basic classic rock formulas.
Just more generic material to garner another Grammy...(yawn)
Old 07-25-05, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Exactly my point
Old 07-25-05, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C'mon, C'mon was a terrific album.

But the last time she let a relationship be the inspiration for most of an album was when she was coming off of a bad relationship with Eric Clapton and made the wonderful Globe Sessions.

I think the whole Lance relationship will be all over this record and happiness usually translates to crap on a record.

I still think she's on of the few people who rarely disappoints completely, so I'll be picking this up for sure.