Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Battlestar Galactica Season Premiere: "Scattered" 7/15/05

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-05, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
Battlestar Galactica Season Premiere: "Scattered" 7/15/05

They had Tricia Helfer on the Today show this morning, she looked hotter than she does on the show. And she was eating and licking ice cream!

This has nothing to do with tonight, but still...
Old 07-15-05, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
And she was eating and licking ice cream!
:nopics:
Old 07-15-05, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I can't wait.....I hope the opening episode is killer!!
Old 07-15-05, 12:25 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Can't wait
Old 07-15-05, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
I am very excited
Old 07-15-05, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is there a good summary of what happened in Season 1 anywhere online? I watched the mini series and enjoyed it but I never watched the actual series until I stumbled upon the last 20 minutes or so of the Season Finale on NBC the other night. I'm curious to fill in the blanks.
Old 07-15-05, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant
is there a good summary of what happened in Season 1 anywhere online? I watched the mini series and enjoyed it but I never watched the actual series until I stumbled upon the last 20 minutes or so of the Season Finale on NBC the other night. I'm curious to fill in the blanks.
http://www.skyone.co.uk/programmes/b...sodeguide.aspx
Old 07-15-05, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Chew
:nopics:

I don't think it's possible to get such things from the Today show, and I doubt they would put stills of her eating online.

P.S. There's only one solution to Helo's situation: threesome!!!

Last edited by Dr. DVD; 07-15-05 at 09:24 PM.
Old 07-15-05, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

WOW!!!

When I first started watching the mini-series, I didn't really care for Tye, now I think he is a great character and very human. I wonder if the shot of him in his room and depressed state was an homage to Apocalypse Now?

Loved the twist at the end, and look forward to next week.
Old 07-15-05, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You thought the ending was a twist? I read that in the second episode there would be
Spoiler:
Cylons over running the decks of Galactica
and I had no idea that it wasn't common knowlege! It was just a summary of the first few episodes, nothing of major spoiler material (but I blacked it out as it seems there are those who don't know and may not wish to know!

I thought this episode rocked hard. I am still rather upset how they turned on the president, but I hope all is righted with her and her position once the arrow is given to her. But until then, does this make Baltar acting president? Is the government still in power, or is this considered a coup, as it was indicated in the season finale last year?

I also loved the seemless transition from last episode of last season to this one. It's like watching a long ass movie (and a GREAT movie at that) when you can sit back and watch them back to back (which I did with my region two DVD release. I watched the season finale of last year on DVD then turned right to the beginning of this new episode. The series did not miss a beat, as far as I am concerned!)

And I am glad they are using the UK music now for the theme. It really grew on me when I was watching the UK DVDs, and I think it's a better theme song than the Oz type theme they played last year.
Old 07-15-05, 10:43 PM
Suspended

great episode

About the opening... I like the newer music better, but I kinda missed the old credits, I thought it was cool how they were different on every one mixing in clips from that episode and stuff.
Old 07-15-05, 10:59 PM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

all i can say is "wow".
Old 07-16-05, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Last season ended on an 'Oh crap' moment' And this one started with a 'OH MY GOD.' Losing the fleet had me yelling at the screen. And with the way this show is, it was entirely possible that they could've spent the next 4 years looking for them.

And I like how Starbuck just cut through all the crap and wanted to shoot Sharon.

D
Old 07-16-05, 01:06 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Very good episode.

Loved the ending with the cylons stowed away on the ship that chrased into the Galactica.

I'm glad they're using the UK opening music now too.
Old 07-16-05, 03:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Couple of nitpicks:

Why did they have to jump back to where the Basestar was? If they have those coordinates couldn't they just use them to calculate they correct jump instead of going back?

Why didn't they immediately send a damage control party to where the Cylon ship crashed?
Even if they didn't think the ship was intact you'd think you have damage control on a hull breach like that.
Old 07-16-05, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
About time the robot Cylons get in on the action. Don't know about you but the human-cylons are no where as cool as the robots.

Personally, I think both the thems have sucked. Bring back the classic Galactica theme. Even though I haven't heard it in several years, I can hum it today. I couldn't hum the new show's theme to save my life and I heard one less than 12 hours ago and the other a few weeks ago. New ones are just not memorable.
Old 07-16-05, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Manco
Couple of nitpicks:

Why did they have to jump back to where the Basestar was? If they have those coordinates couldn't they just use them to calculate they correct jump instead of going back?
This is speculation, but I think jump coordinates are point-to-point calculations. So, because Galactica jumped somewhere new, they had no way of calculating where the previous set took the fleet. Thus, they had to go back to their previous position and do the calculations again.
Old 07-16-05, 10:22 AM

Oh crap! I missed this...but I found it online, phew...gotta set the old DVR back up...
Old 07-16-05, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
They did say that their computer had calculated the jump points then updated them. Maybe they should tell the computer to keep a log where all these jump points are so they can just go check the records and jump to the jump points that were picked before they changed (and Galactica used).
Old 07-16-05, 02:25 PM

Phew...what a great episode. BG took a few episodes last year to grow on me, and to forget the past characters from the first series. Now, it is an amazing show to me, there are still some nitpicky things, but with the budget they have, I can understand.

I am looking forward to a possible big budget Movie somewhere down the road with this one...
Old 07-16-05, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by theedge
I am looking forward to a possible big budget Movie somewhere down the road with this one...

That would be sweeeeeeeeet!!! My hope is that since they don't have many stars, they could really invest money in the FX. While I know I'm dreaming on this one, I would also like for them to try and release it with an R rating (for violence and maybe some extra nudity where we can see something, like more Number Six.... )
Old 07-16-05, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
my nitpick, not done watching yet
Chief: "take the rifle and cover me"
slight problem there chief, that's not a rifle, it's a 9mm Beretta Storm pistol caliber carbine
Old 07-16-05, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
I re-watched the 2-part season finale (DVR-ed from NBC) before watching this new episode.

Wow! It looks like they filmed these together and just sat on this episode for the past 3 months. All of the developments make me even more hooked into the show.

BTW...
Spoiler:

...Caprica-Sharon stealing the captured Cylon Raider really screws over Katiebuck and Helo, doesn't it? How the hell are they going to get off that planet now???
Old 07-16-05, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by dhmac
BTW...
Spoiler:

...Caprica-Sharon stealing the captured Cylon Raider really screws over Katiebuck and Helo, doesn't it? How the hell are they going to get off that planet now???
Well, maybe she...
Spoiler:
Is going to go prove herself, that she is loyal to them and not the Cylons? Maybe the Sharon in the Galactica brig gets killed and this Sharon takes her place?! Who knows...
Old 07-16-05, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Hey, isn't the "new" theme some of you are bitching about actually the ORIGINAL theme that aired in England but got replaced when Season One aired here in the States? If I recall, people who had seen the episodes before they aired here in America were complaining about the theme being replaced...now they bring back the original version and we still have people complaining?!

Katie had the best line of the night:

"Bitch stole my ride!"

God, how I love her...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.