Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Point Pleasant - The Complete Series- October 25th

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-05, 11:04 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Point Pleasant - The Complete Series- October 25th

Fans of the quickly-cancelled show Point Pleasant will be pleased to know that Fox the series on October 25, at least according to DVDPlanet.com. The e-tailer has posted some preliminary information to their site, but we should have more when the title is officially announced by Fox in the next few weeks.

There were 13 episodes shot, but the network only aired 8 of them, leaving 5 unaired episodes for the DVD, at least according to TV.com. This 3 disc set should contain the complete run of the show, and will probably be a lot like Fox's release of Wonderfalls, another short-lived show that was brought to DVD earlier this year. Fox has a great track record of delivering good DVD sets for shows that were cancelled, but maintain a cult following.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3683

Update - 7-26-05

"There are two sides to every soul...delve into the sexy, supernatural world of Point Pleasant on DVD." Two weeks ago we were happy to bring you the early alert that Fox Home Entertainment is bringing Point Pleasant - The Complete Series to DVD on October 25th. Now Fox has released the complete details of this 3-disc set. Let's start with the disc-by-disc breakdown:

* Disc 1:
o "Pilot"
o "Human Nature"
o "Who's Your Daddy?"
o "The Lonely Hunter"
o "Last Dance"
* Disc 2:
o "Secrets and Lies"
o "Unraveling"
o "Swimming with Boyd"
o "Waking the Dead"
* Disc 3:
o "Hell Hath No Fury Like a Woman Choked"
o "Missing"
o "Mother's Day"
o "Family Style"

As you can see, the release includes all 13 episodes produced for the program, including 5 unaired installments. Total running time is 585 minutes, and it's presented in anamorphic widescreen video. Audio will be in English with Dolby Surround 5.1, and subtitles are in English, Spanish, and French. Cost is $39.98 SRP in the USA and CAN$54.98 in Canada. We're still waiting on box art and any word of extras that might be on board, so stay tuned for that.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3770

Last edited by Gizmo; 07-28-05 at 07:13 PM.
Old 07-14-05, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was expecting this release (although I was expecting it to atleast be another years wait). Although I really dislike Fox's Track recordf for cancelling promising shows before their time, atleast they make available all the filmed episodes on DVD... Now if we can only get "Skin"
Old 07-14-05, 12:27 AM
Suspended

Critter, we will go hand in hand to Wal-Mart and buy it. Ok buddy? ;-)
Old 07-14-05, 01:05 AM

ew that show was HIGHLY dissapointing...and I REALLY tried to give it a try. Oh, and with it being SO BAD, it was like digging a rusty nail into an open wound for all us TRU CALLING fans.
Old 07-14-05, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I still wanna see how it plays out. I dug some aspects of it. Maybe a rental. (And since so many rental joints rent each disc, all I need to see are the 5 un-aired ones.)
Old 07-14-05, 08:52 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
I'd be curious to see how it plays out as well. I might pick it up.
Old 07-14-05, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

While the show never got as good as I hoped it would, I will be picking this up. Just to see the last 5 episodes. I was hoping this would come out soon.
Old 07-14-05, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I remember reading that Marti Noxon, the show's creator and of Buffy fame, ended the show with a quasi-finale that wrapped up most of the plot points so at least the show doesn't finish open ended.
Old 07-14-05, 01:21 PM

Critter, we will go hand in hand to Wal-Mart and buy it. Ok buddy? ;-)

Love too, but I'll be away at college... Im going to have to Amazon alot of my DVD's from now on. But this one will be the second highlight of October (Veronica Mar's Being first of course)
Old 07-14-05, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

NitroJMS is correct in stating that Noxon attempted to move full-bore to amp up the action and delve deeper into/resolve plot points as she knew the end was near. I've seen up to episode 11, as they're being broadcast overseas, and there's a severely noticable shift. Less fixation on the tedious teenage ennui aspect, which IMO, Noxon should have left behind much sooner. I'm surprised this is getting such an early release. I certainly wasn't expecting an announcement of this for perhaps a year or more.

Last edited by meritocracy; 07-14-05 at 03:06 PM.
Old 07-27-05, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3770

Point Pleasant - Studio announcement brings details of The Complete Series on DVD
Posted by David Lambert
7/27/2005

"There are two sides to every soul...delve into the sexy, supernatural world of Point Pleasant on DVD." Two weeks ago we were happy to bring you the early alert that Fox Home Entertainment is bringing Point Pleasant - The Complete Series to DVD on October 25th. Now Fox has released the complete details of this 3-disc set. Let's start with the disc-by-disc breakdown:
Disc 1:
"Pilot"
"Human Nature"
"Who's Your Daddy?"
"The Lonely Hunter"
"Last Dance"
Disc 2:
"Secrets and Lies"
"Unraveling"
"Swimming with Boyd"
"Waking the Dead"
Disc 3:
"Hell Hath No Fury Like a Woman Choked"
"Missing"
"Mother's Day"
"Family Style"

As you can see, the release includes all 13 episodes produced for the program, including 5 unaired installments. Total running time is 585 minutes, and it's presented in anamorphic widescreen video. Audio will be in English with Dolby Surround 5.1, and subtitles are in English, Spanish, and French. Cost is $39.98 SRP in the USA and CAN$54.98 in Canada. We're still waiting on box art and any word of extras that might be on board, so stay tuned for that.
Old 07-27-05, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JacksModernLife
ew that show was HIGHLY dissapointing...and I REALLY tried to give it a try. Oh, and with it being SO BAD, it was like digging a rusty nail into an open wound for all us TRU CALLING fans.
Agreed. It was trying to be too many things - Twin Peaks meets the O.C. meets Buffy. I will Netflix the last disc as I have seen the previously aired episodes and feel no compulsion to sit through THOSE again!
Old 07-27-05, 10:31 AM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

Having never watched Tru Calling, I always thought of Point Pleasant was more in the vein of a contemporary Dark Shadows and loved the show. I think it's worth a look...at least if you aren't thinking of some other TV show(s).
Old 07-28-05, 07:13 PM
Suspended

Bump for the boxart

Old 07-28-05, 07:19 PM

I don't know if i like the cover art of not... It rather interesting... doesn't really fit the show though...
Old 07-28-05, 08:53 PM
Suspended

Yeah, I was hoping for more of the 'promo poster' with her face and part of PP(carnival if I remember correctly)
Old 07-28-05, 09:08 PM
Suspended

Much better IMO
Old 07-28-05, 09:40 PM

I was really hoping that the promo art (like the one above this post) would be the real cover.
Old 07-29-05, 04:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
That box art is really different. We are used to seeing big heads in covers but not in that position.
Old 07-29-05, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'll be picking it up. I really didn't think this was that bad. It obviously wasn't great, but the girls are pretty hot and for a FOX show the concept was more interesting than most. So far I'm 1 for 2 on enjoyability of FOX's dropped shows on DVD. Loved Firely but didn't find Wonderfalls to be as good as most do.
Old 10-17-05, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It took me a few episodes to really get into this show...then FOX cancelled it.
I'll definitely be picking up the DVDs....

Last edited by Brett; 10-17-05 at 03:57 PM.
Old 10-17-05, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I will definately check it out as a rental to see the unaired episodes!
Old 10-17-05, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD

Much better IMO
I actually like the DVD art better. The one above looks to similar to the Dead & Buried poster.
Old 10-17-05, 08:46 PM

Has anyone heard anything of special features....
Old 10-17-05, 09:13 PM
Defunct Account

There is a making-of featurette, but that's it as far as special features according to the box. I have this set in hand and have been watching it for my review. Man, the first episodes are painfully bad. After the 2nd episode I was about to write the show off as a POS but it's supposed to get better as the series goes on. I can see why it was cancelled though. If I had seen the first episode when it aired I wouldn't have watched any further.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.