Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Has anyone else used Burger King / Fantastic Four Amazon Cash Cards to buy DVDs?

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Has anyone else used Burger King / Fantastic Four Amazon Cash Cards to buy DVDs?

Old 07-12-05, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These come with any large or super-size value meals. They're worth at least one dollar.

I had a tough time redeeming mine. There was an error message when I tried to put the dollar in my account. I finally called amazon.com and the service rep credited me a dollar on my order, but by the time I went through all of that, I wondered if the hassle was worth the $1.00.

Just wondering if anyone else tried this.
Old 07-12-05, 07:48 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mrpeavey
These come with any large or super-size value meals. They're worth at least one dollar.

I had a tough time redeeming mine. There was an error message when I tried to put the dollar in my account. I finally called amazon.com and the service rep credited me a dollar on my order, but by the time I went through all of that, I wondered if the hassle was worth the $1.00.

Just wondering if anyone else tried this.
Don't eat there much but I did have one and it entered without any problems. If I remember it might have been case sensitive and check zero vs o, i verus 1, l etc.
Old 07-12-05, 08:16 PM

no problem w/mine - shame they don't stack
Old 07-12-05, 08:25 PM

this promotion has no purchase necessary to participate. you can send in a self addressed stamped envelope & they will send you the card for $1 (plus the possibility of having more money). So for the cost of 2 stamps (.74) you get $1 Amazon. If only those dollars could be stacked it would be worth it!
Old 07-13-05, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by brooke789
this promotion has no purchase necessary to participate. you can send in a self addressed stamped envelope & they will send you the card for $1 (plus the possibility of having more money). So for the cost of 2 stamps (.74) you get $1 Amazon. If only those dollars could be stacked it would be worth it!
that seems like a lot of work to get back most likely a $1 in store-credit that isn't even stackable. Plus best case scenario, you net only $0.24 with the possibility that something gets lost in the mail.
Old 07-13-05, 04:23 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah. This promotion sucks since you basically get $1 off an order.

The BestBuy bucks still rule. They were stackable and the same buck could be used both online AND in the store, effectively making it a $2 token. I hope McDonald brings it back this year.
Old 07-13-05, 09:25 AM

I agree that without stacking it is a negligable benefit. I didn't realize they will not stack when I placed an order this past weekend and just about upchucked my multiple Value Meals!
Old 07-14-05, 02:52 AM
Banned

I didn't know you couldn't stack em', I was going to Burger King a lot just to get them coupons. It's back to eating healthy!
Old 07-14-05, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had 3 in a row that didn't work -- got the error message just like mrpeavey. Amazon told me that they're "aware of the problem" and working to fix it.

Nice. Nothing like a multi-million dollar ad campaign with a huge software glitch.
Old 07-14-05, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Dabaomb
that seems like a lot of work to get back most likely a $1 in store-credit that isn't even stackable. Plus best case scenario, you net only $0.24 with the possibility that something gets lost in the mail.
Not really. Yout net at least .24 THey have the possibility to be worth up to $10001. 1:200 are worth $11
Old 07-15-05, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Daniel-A
Not really. Yout net at least .24 THey have the possibility to be worth up to $10001. 1:200 are worth $11
hey, if you're willing to do all that work, then more power to you but then I might have to question how valuable your time is to you.
Old 07-15-05, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Dabaomb
hey, if you're willing to do all that work, then more power to you but then I might have to question how valuable your time is to you.
LoL not saying I am willing to do it. But there are people who do go for those free game cards (otherwise there would be no reason for the option), and at least they are guaranteed to get something for this one. But really it isn't very difficult or time consuming to address and stamp 2 envelopes and leave them for the mailman (2 minutes tops, average $30 an hour and many many people dont make even 1/3 of that). If you use Amazon, I don't see why it is so farfetched.
Old 07-15-05, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

LoL not saying I am willing to do it. But there are people who do go for those free game cards (otherwise there would be no reason for the option), and at least they are guaranteed to get something for this one. But really it isn't very difficult or time consuming to address and stamp 2 envelopes and leave them for the mailman (2 minutes tops, average $30 an hour and many many people dont make even 1/3 of that). If you use Amazon, I don't see why it is so farfetched.
to me Amazon is worthless if you don't get free S&H which you get in most cases if your purchase is over $25. Otherwise, S&H is something like $3.49. The deal might be more worth it if the cards are stackable but they're not so to me it isn't worth it to save in most cases, $0.24.
Old 07-15-05, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Ah yes. $.24 in 2 minutes is more right. So instead of #30 it would be $7.20 an hour. Not exactly great, but whatevs.

I used my one card to buy the Harry Potter book. Needed to use normal shipping in order to receive it on release day, but I didnt mind.
Old 07-15-05, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

there are people who do go for those free game cards (otherwise there would be no reason for the option.
That does not constitute proof of existence.

The reason the free game card option is available is because it is a legal requirement. Federal law prohibits tying entry into a contest to the purchase of a product because that would be gambling. As long as it is possible to play for free with the same odds of winning, then it is not considered gambling.
Old 07-15-05, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Jah-Wren Ryel
That does not constitute proof of existence.

The reason the free game card option is available is because it is a legal requirement. Federal law prohibits tying entry into a contest to the purchase of a product because that would be gambling. As long as it is possible to play for free with the same odds of winning, then it is not considered gambling.
I stand corrected. Gotta be some sad gambling, though. They need to check out the gambling forum here for some tips.
Old 07-15-05, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

"You are my Fantastic Fourrrrrrrrrrrrr!"
Old 07-15-05, 03:45 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I wonder if anyone here got a game piece worth more than a buck...
Old 07-25-05, 08:05 PM

I got one worth 10 bucks plus 1 (11 bucks),but was still a pain in the neck to find anything worth buying that is offered solely by amazon.com and not an associate that is under 11 dollars including shipping, since I am not going to open a bank account or apply for a credit card just to be able to spend more at amazon.
In fact I still have not used it.
Plenty of good stuff on the amazon site for cheap, but amazon's cheapest price on anything I could find was 9.99 plus shipping
Old 07-25-05, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by philofthefuture
I got one worth 10 bucks plus 1 (11 bucks),but was still a pain in the neck to find anything worth buying that is offered solely by amazon.com and not an associate that is under 11 dollars including shipping, since I am not going to open a bank account or apply for a credit card just to be able to spend more at amazon.
In fact I still have not used it.
Plenty of good stuff on the amazon site for cheap, but amazon's cheapest price on anything I could find was 9.99 plus shipping
Give you $2 for it.