Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Anybody have Type O Negative's "Bloody Kisses"? Quick question...

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-05, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm wanting to pick this up off of ebay but there are two versions of this CD, one is "clean" and the other has "explicit lyrics". I'm wanting the explicit version.

On Amazon, they show the one with explicit lyrics as having 9 tracks, and the clean version having 14 tracks.

The other sites I've checked don't specify whether the CD is clean or explicit (and they vary between 9 and 14 tracks).

Question: Does your CD have 9 or 14 tracks, and is it the clean version or the explicit version? One seller from ebay said they thought that their version was the explicit version because it had some "naughty" words in the lyrics, is the clean version totally clean or can I assume that that ebay auction is for the explicit version?

Thanks!
Old 07-09-05, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts
Well, that's what I get for popping on tonight to see what is going on. "Hey, you've got a pretty good buzz going on, let's see what is happening in the music forum. Dammit, a question I can actually answer. Oh, hell, that cd is packed up in the shed. WAIT!!! I can go dig that out, that sounds like fun."

Anyway, I've got a cd (with the clean cover not the kissing cover), with 14 tracks. The cd itself does not have the parental advisory sticker on it, but it is the explicit one. The sticker may have been on the plastic wrap, or the original jewel case. I think I may have replaced this one due to cracking. Amazon doesn't have the cd I do.

Machine Screw
Christian Woman
Black #1 (Little Miss Scare-All)
Fray Wray Come Out and Play
Kill All the White People
Summer Breeze
Set Me on Fire
Dark Side of the Womb
We Hate Everyone
Bloody Kisses
3.0.I.F.
Too Late: Frozen
Blood & Fire
Can't Lose You
Old 07-09-05, 01:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I own both versions of the CD and neither had an advisory sticker on the case. The version that comes in a regular case is the better one. The exclusive songs are better and it has the super long version of Black #1.
Old 07-09-05, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i have this cd. came in a jewel case has the two chicks "almost" kissing. didn't know there was a clean or censored version. clicking on mndtrp's links, i see i have the Not kissing cover.

i guess at the time i should of known better than to shoplift at Sam goodies. track listing is the same that mndtrp posted. going by memory and a quick glance at the printed lyrics there aren't any cuss words.

i would think the clean version is only that way becuase of the cover. perhaps it was released with the kising and it was difficult to sell, so then we get the censored cover with a few extra tracks to help push it?
Old 07-09-05, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts
I don't see any swear words in my booklet either. I'm assuming they created one booklet for the explicit and non.

Unless, of course, I have a clean version, and they left in the "It's like fucking the dead" part. That's the only part I can think of off the top of my head where it swears.
Old 07-09-05, 02:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mndtrp
Unless, of course, I have a clean version, and they left in the "It's like fucking the dead" part. That's the only part I can think of off the top of my head where it swears.

forgot about that, "fucking the dead." not in the printed lyrics but my copy does say that during the song.
Old 07-10-05, 10:26 PM

Original release in 1993 had 14 tracks...a second version was released about a year later with different track listing, some songs removed and one exclusive to that release (Suspended in Dusk?), neither had the lyrics advisory.
Old 07-11-05, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts
The songs removed from the digipack were either weird soundscapes (like Machine Screw) or the faster, goofball songs (Kill All the White People, etc) which didn't really fit in with the rest of the slower songs.

That said, I prefer the original, non-digipack release. The digi-exclusive song is lame.