Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Sandor Slash Ida (Sweden)

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-05, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Henrik Georgsson's highly anticipated drama/comedy (by me) is finally being released in Sweden (I am fairly certain the DVD will offer English subs). Winner of the Canal+ Award at the Goteborg Film Festival Sandor Slash Ida has been compared to Moodysson's Fucking Amal.
A fairly interesting featurette was shown on the Swedish satellite channel FilmNet and from what I saw this film looks very good. Seeing how long it took for Slim Sussie to make it to the US I doubt it we will see Georgsson's film any time soon.

Official Film Site:
http://www.sandorslashida.se/

Direct trailer link:
http://www.sandorslashida.se/trailer_qt_liten.html

Ciao,
Pro-B

ps
My contact that used to work for KLM and was often flying to Sweden is now servicing Chicago-Cape town (South Africa) so I am very disappointed. If any Swedes are visiting the forum and are willing to assist me with this disc...please drop me an email.

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 07-04-05 at 12:06 PM.
Old 07-05-05, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

a small update and correction:

First of all the release date for the film is September 7, it is not a July date as I implied above.
Second, I contacted DVDSTOCKHOLM. to see if they will be willing to ship to the US given the fact that Discshop.se or DVD.se do not ship to North America. My email was answered in less than 6 hours and DVDSTOCKHOLM have agreed to help. I emailed them back to see if they will be willing to do regular overseas business and if the answer is YES, we could add them to the list of Swedish etailers above (and finally have one that carries the catalog Discshop has and of course is willing to sell in the US). So, stay tuned...I will provide more info once I hear back from them. So far, excellent customer support!!

Official site:
www.dvdstockhom.com

address:
DVDStockholm
Tulegatan 33
113 53 Stockholm
Telefon: +46-[0]8-6420277
Fax: +46-[0]8-6420277
Email: [email protected]

Pro-B

ps
Before anyone starts claiming that I work for them...I DON'T. I am just trying to find a reliable Swedish etailer that will ship to the USA, and if they do they won't kill us with their shipping (and non-removed VAT).
Old 08-12-05, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

...and an English friendly trailer:

http://www.trust-film.dk/player/stre...00k.asp?id=169

Ciao,
Pro-B
Old 09-10-05, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

If any of the Swedish talkers have picked up the DVD would you let me know what is going on with the subs? I emailed Sandrew Metrodome and before the DVD was released I was told that English subs will be provided...YET I see on the back cover that there are only Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, and Finnish subtitles. Could it be the same as Kaurismaki's The Man Without a Past....where the English subs were accessible only through the main menu?

I need a definitive answer from someone that actually has the disc and has gone through the main menu, extras, etc. Just about every Swedish film/DVD I have bought so far offers English subs (esp. contemporary cinema) ....I can't believe that they might have dropped the ball on this one.

Thank's in advance,

Pro-B