Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

My Summer of Love - region 2

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 07-03-05, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I received this movie with my last order from Amazon.co.uk and found that it was very well done. The performances of the two leads (especially the actress who plays Mona) are so natural that it's easy to forget they're only acting. I also felt the soundtrack, which included some ethereal music by Goldfrapp, really added a lot to the movie. The film is about two teen girls who become friends and then more over the course of the summer, but all is not what it seems.

The region 2 DVD has a very pleasing anamorphic transfer. If I had a complaint, it was that no subtitles or captions were included. The English accents in the movie are somewhat thick and a few of the lines were difficult for me (an American) to catch.

I'd recommend the DVD if you enjoy movies of this type and you don't want to wait for the region 1 release (the movie is currently in very limited release in American theaters).
Old 07-03-05, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agreed. This film together with Summersault are an excellent choice! In fact, I wrote a tiny bit of info regarding it for another site. I will also be waiting for the R1 version as subs are definitely needed (as you suggest above)...Morvern Callar was enough...

Pro-B