Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

25% off used DVDs at Gamestop.com (a lot of good deals)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-05, 09:28 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Use code 25PO (also works on used games). Mostly crappy prices, but quite a few are somehow very well priced.

Turk 182 $5.24
My Favorite Martian: S2 $11.24
Simpsons: S2 $22.50
Beauty and the Beast: 2-Disc SE $9.74 (OOP, rare)
Band of Brothers $52.49
Casa De Los Babys $4.49
City of God $9.74
Elephant $5.99
Fight Club: 2-Disc SE $11.24
Moonlight Mile $3.74
Seven: 2-Disc SE $11.24
Sopranos: S4 $37.49
The Wool Cap $5.24
(all prices after coupon)

Post any others you might find.
Old 07-02-05, 10:03 PM

great find. But before I was skeptical of buying from there because you dont get cases, and badly scratched dvds half the time. Anyone thats ordered there and know, do you get cases/inserts or is it "up in the air"?
Old 07-03-05, 09:05 AM
Cool New Member

Hey, I got a DVD from there and it came with the case, but it looked like crap! There was orange soda or something spilled on it, the disc was HORRIBLE! However, I still placed an order with them b/c I was able to get a couple of OOPs for a good price, so I guess I'm willing to take the risk.
Old 07-03-05, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

can't one just return it if there's no case or it's damaged or whatever? It's like secondspin.com with those damn stickers they put directly on the packaging. Sometimes it's inside the shrinkwrap, sometimes it's outside.
Old 07-03-05, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I ordered two used discs from ebgames.com (same company) ..one was absolutely perfect, the other, had a replacement case, no artwork, insert, just the disc, which was scratched, and had some sort of sticky substance on the top of the disc that was peeling off, along with the disc artwork. I was less than happy, and emailed their CS, but received no response. Didn't bother to do anything past that because it was cheap, but I was pretty mad.. It's definately a hit and miss, and I'm pretty sure anything you buy online can be returned in a local store..
Old 07-03-05, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just wanted to let everyone on the west coast know that it's B2G1 at GameStop B&M's.. It probably ends today, as they usually just run it on the weekends. I went ahead and got their GameCard that gives you 10% off of used purchases as well.

I got 3 Criterions at one location for $23.40, and 2 Criterions and the Running Man: SE at another location for $15.30.
Old 07-03-05, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've never seen anything like a criterion at a game stop. The closest thing they've had near me was a copy of Big Mama's House w/no insert.
Old 07-03-05, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Shagrath
Just wanted to let everyone on the west coast know that it's B2G1 at GameStop B&M's.. It probably ends today, as they usually just run it on the weekends. I went ahead and got their GameCard that gives you 10% off of used purchases as well.
It also gives you an extra 10% on your trade-ins, as well.
Old 07-03-05, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SlingshotBandit
It also gives you an extra 10% on your trade-ins, as well.
Yeah.. They have a coupon in the newest Game Informer for an extra 40% when you trade in 4+ games, so that'll be a total of 150%. I might try to scounge up a few crap games I have laying around and see if it's worth trading them in.
Old 07-06-05, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by pilot
I ordered two used discs from ebgames.com (same company) ..one was absolutely perfect, the other, had a replacement case, no artwork, insert, just the disc, which was scratched, and had some sort of sticky substance on the top of the disc that was peeling off, along with the disc artwork. I was less than happy, and emailed their CS, but received no response. Didn't bother to do anything past that because it was cheap, but I was pretty mad.. It's definately a hit and miss, and I'm pretty sure anything you buy online can be returned in a local store..
GameStop and EBGames are NOT the same company. GameStop (owned by Barnes & Noble) is in negotiations to buy EBGames but it is not yet official and also subject to U.S. antitrust laws.
Old 07-06-05, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by heyyoeddie
GameStop and EBGames are NOT the same company. GameStop (owned by Barnes & Noble) is in negotiations to buy EBGames but it is not yet official and also subject to U.S. antitrust laws.
ahh ....sorry...assumed as much...webpages looked similar...read news/etc..got confused..regardless..I assume since both state on their webpage used items may not come in original packaging..it's still pretty shitty .. but thanks for the correction