Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Inside 6/29/05

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-05, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
The Inside 6/29/05

Yes, that's right. I'm still giving the show a chance. I thought this was a good episode, a well-deserved break from the creepy serial killers/rapists and now on to the creepy psycho kid.

The "Remember, I'm on a list", "Right." (rams gate) was great. I love those little funny bits.
Old 06-29-05, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jane Espenson strikes again! Although the first two episodes were decent, the past two have been especially stellar and have been up to the standards I expect from a Minear run show.

Last edited by Barry Woodward; 06-29-05 at 09:20 PM.
Old 06-29-05, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This was episode #2
Old 06-29-05, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I had a huge problem with this episode. It was basically stolen point for point from Millennium. The episode Monster, from season 2, episode 4... When the girl jumped out of the tree house, that just sealed the deal that someone on the Inside's writing staff had watched Millennium on DVD recently. Way too many eerie similarities for my taste.
Old 06-30-05, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Actually, some of this episode reminded me of that movie, The Good Son. Still, this was a good episode.
Old 06-30-05, 12:58 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
I seem to remember that little girl playing a killer in an episode of one of the L&O shows. She's freaky.

Edit: Yeah, here's her IMDB page: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1390614/

I can't remember the exact SVU episode in question, but I seem to remember she was very similar to the girl she played in this one. Faked being a good kid, but ended up being some kind of monster girl.

Last edited by Deftones; 06-30-05 at 01:03 AM.
Old 06-30-05, 02:10 AM

i gave this show a chance tonight.

man, i thought it was terrible. the entire story has been done dozens of times before, and it was sooo predictable. the acting is horrendous, and i cant understand who would buy that girl as the lead "haunted" investigator. she has no edge, whatsoever- all she is is cute. the dialogue was awful. constantly talking down to us like we need to be explained the obvious subtext. ugh. and just so derivative.

and that ending! do agents in an FBI office really huddle around together to watch kodak moments like that? yeah, great. in the meantime an emotionally disturbed woman just got her head smashed in. but the crazy drunk dude's mom came back for him, so all is happy and good! shows like this remind me why i watch reality tv- at least they dont hide the fact that they're trash.
Old 06-30-05, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I just think it's weird to see these FBI agents in the daytime after the first few episode. They look out of place in the daytime.
Old 06-30-05, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
After watching the first three episodes of this show, I officially decided to NOT give it anymore chances. Sounds like I didn't miss much last night. 2 episodes next week? Hopefully Fox will just show them all in one big quick marathon and put it back on the shelf where it belongs.
Old 06-30-05, 09:18 AM

I didn't think it was horrible this week, and I do still find the little bits of humor refreshing in this type of show. I am, however, greatly disturbed by the fact that I found myself earnestly rooting for the victim's mother to slice the little girl up into bite-size pieces and scatter her throughout her mother's perfectly decorated home. That's so unlike me.

I don't plan to watch the 2-hour "event" next week, but if there's nothing else on I might.
Old 07-06-05, 03:21 PM

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts
So the little girl guts the little boy with a filet knife, and somehow has no blood on her clothes. Left behind no evidence she was there? Yeah, right.

Thos.