Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

AsianMovieDVD.com

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-05, 05:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AsianMovieDVD.com

http://asianmoviedvd.com
(You need IE for the checkout process)

I just wanted to recommend this great Asian DVD retailer. I found the site while Googling a hard to find DVD, "...Ing". They seem to be fairly new, and a search on these forums didn't come up with anything.

Their stated shipping rates are very low, and free for US customers who spend over $39. There's a note on some of their item pages though that for bigger items they will not charge until they ship it and get confirmation for shipping prices; if it's higher you will be charged higher. Their DVD prices are pretty average, but lower than at some other retailers.

Plus I found a few OOP and hard-to-find items on their site. These are only a handful of what's there:
...Ing: Limited Special Edition
My Tutor Friend: Fried Chicken with Sauce Edition
My Teacher, Mr. Kim: Gift Box
A Better Tomorrow: Limited Deluxe Set
Bruce Lee: Limited 5-Disc Tin
Chihwaseon: Limited Special Wooden Box
Hero: Ultimate Edition
Ninja Scroll: Ultimate Collection Tin Box + Action Figure
Silmido: Special Edition

Yes, they are in stock. Just click on the cover art for the closeup and somewhere on the page you will see the number of units in stock. They have some nice Western movie LEs too, like a nice 3-discer for The Hulk and an OOP Memento. It's really too bad their My Sassy Girl and Oldboy LEs got snapped up already. I think they only bought 10-15 of each Limited item.

I found this site two days ago and the person (or people) who run the site have replied to both of my emails. I was emailing about site viewing problems (use IE on the site) and requesting to cancel an order I wanted to redo. I got very polite replies.

I am really happy with them so far and I will be preordering "A Bittersweet Life" from them.
Old 06-27-05, 10:06 PM

I noticed that ...Ing: LE, My Teacher, Mr. Kim, and Chihwaseon, are sold out. Was it any of you guys?

I just got my order shipped today, and no, I didn't order any LEs.
Old 06-27-05, 10:29 PM

Not sure how they come about their "Retail" prices, but on looking at "The Makioka Sisters" they cite a $24.95 retail marked down to $19.95... this title is $2.96 from Layoyo.com.hk in Hong Kong.
Old 06-28-05, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

their prices aren't all that great. Very similiar to DVDasian or yesasia prices. Thanks for the link though, maybe they'll get more OOP stuff in.

Last edited by squidget; 06-29-05 at 04:18 PM.
Old 06-29-05, 12:10 PM

Nice site... but all the Limited Edition sets are as expected, still limited and OOS.
Old 06-30-05, 02:46 AM

Unfortunately, yes. But they were in stock (up to 10 units) when I posted this thread.