Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

looking for any region of original salems lot and unedited copy of the warriors

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-05, 07:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looking for any region of original salems lot and unedited copy of the warriors

looking for dvd copy any region of original salems lot and unedited copy of the warriors
Old 06-25-05, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6

I mean, seriously...is it that fucking difficult to have a look around the forums before clicking the "New Thread" button?

-JP
Old 06-25-05, 08:21 AM

just started this 2day stay calm dear boy
Old 06-25-05, 09:31 AM

looked arround still none the wiser perhaps now you could impart your words of wisdom because obviously you know where i can find one
Old 06-25-05, 10:06 AM
X
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
Please use more descriptive titles than "looking for".
Old 06-25-05, 10:29 AM

I have a used copy of Salem's Lot in excellent condition if your interested.
Old 06-25-05, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by ian bain
just started this 2day stay calm dear boy
looked arround still none the wiser perhaps now you could impart your words of wisdom because obviously you know where i can find one
Okay.

A) I'm not your boy.
B) Hours on the site, and you still haven't had enough time to browse the forums and discover where certain topics should be posted?
C) If you want the disc(s) from somebody here, start this same thread in the forum I linked you to (the one that is both conveniently and blatantly titled "Exchange Forum").
D) If nobody here has one to sell or trade to you, or you just aren't comfortable attaining the DVDs through a transaction with somebody that you don't know...might I suggest these fascinating new sites:

www.ebay.com
www.amazon.com
www.deepdiscountdvd.com
www.dvdempire.com

While there, you'll find the same DVD releases that I managed to find with a whole minute and a half worth of research:

Happy hunting, and I hope these words of wisdom will suffice.

-JP
Old 06-25-05, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

*sigh*...newbies...
Old 06-25-05, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

also www.half.com
Old 06-25-05, 06:08 PM

As for an uncut version of The Warriors, you'll have to wait for the upcoming re-release next year and hope Paramount decides to include the extra "TV" footage either directly or as a bonus feature. If we're really lucky maybe we'll get a 2-Disc set with both cuts. As far as I know, the uncut version is not available legitimately on DVD in any other region (IMDb lists the Region 2 DVD as being the theatrical cut as well). Otherwise you'll have to hunt down a low-quality bootleg.
Old 06-25-05, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by NatrlBornThrllr
While there, you'll find the same DVD releases that I managed to find with a whole minute and a half worth of research:
But thats not the Warriors he is seeking. He wants the "beefed up" version which is not out yet.

Yeah, two threads on this is too many, but greeting a new member with....I mean, seriously...is it that fucking difficult to have a look around the forums before clicking the "New Thread" button?...I mean Jesus, give the guy a fucking break. Cuss the dude out when he's not a new member if you feel the need too.

*sigh*...newbies...

Fucking longtimers.
Old 06-25-05, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Thriller,

seriously, wtf?

You were new once too.
Old 06-25-05, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't normally get into these types of discussions but cut the new guy a little slack.
Old 06-25-05, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by chente
Thriller,

seriously, wtf?

You were new once too.
Actually, I'm still "new," but that never kept me from taking the time to look around for my own answer. If he wanted it in trade, he could've gone to the exchange forum (which isn't all that difficult to locate). If he wanted information about the upcoming re-release, he could've done a search and found one of the many threads that talks about it. If he wanted information about the current copy (which has a runtime that matches the IMDB's listed runtime), he could've done a whole 2 minutes worth of research.

I don't bitch at every new member that comes along, but when people come here asking members to address questions that they could easily answer for themselves with a very little bit of research, I feel the need to point out how easy it would've been to save everybody the trouble and do your own busywork.

Perhaps I was harsh, but the point remains.

-JP
Old 06-25-05, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
Actually, I'm still "new," but that never kept me from taking the time to look around for my own answer. If he wanted it in trade, he could've gone to the exchange forum (which isn't all that difficult to locate). If he wanted information about the upcoming re-release, he could've done a search and found one of the many threads that talks about it. If he wanted information about the current copy (which has a runtime that matches the IMDB's listed runtime), he could've done a whole 2 minutes worth of research.

I don't bitch at every new member that comes along, but when people come here asking members to address questions that they could easily answer for themselves with a very little bit of research, I feel the need to point out how easy it would've been to save everybody the trouble and do your own busywork.

Perhaps I was harsh, but the point remains.

-JP
Sometimes we just want answers. Not a shitload of comments which resemble a mother who just had a nervous breakdown.

Tons of people ask the same questions. It's a fact of life on forums. I just don't respond to the ones that do.
Old 06-25-05, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
looking for dvd copy any region of original salems lot and unedited copy of the warriors
And I gather you probably thought you posted in the PMS Forum.
Old 06-27-05, 01:40 PM

pms forums

thanx to all who stick up for the new guys, and thanx for the info on the warriors i will wait and as you say hope it includes all the good stuff,think i will take a seat watch,learn and join in again soon after i kinda get the hang of this internet lark
Old 06-27-05, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Perhaps I was harsh
"Perhaps"?
Old 06-27-05, 02:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If I'm not mistaken I believe the original question has been answered and I think this thread has outlived it's usefulness so I'm closing it. If the OP disagrees please drop me an email and we'll figure something out.

To the OP again welcome to DVDtalk it sometimes takes a little time to get the hang of things so don't take anything too personally. To everyone else, remember we were all newbies once please have a little patience w/ people but if they are getting out of line (for example posting multiple threads on the same topic [which ian bain is generally frowned upon], or whatever) please use the report this post feature and instead of responding is a sarcastic/caustic way that will potentially turn a thread into a flame war.